Sat

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Sat

Post by Fishhead »

I do want to go to med school eventually. I'd also like to go to a really good university, so I'll take it again and see how it goes.
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

o really that's cool, haha I'm headed there myself, I'm taking the most units I can at this point and going to school every quarter so I can get things all done in abut 3 years, then off to Med School I go. I'm not saying you shouldn't take it again because as I've said before scores generally increase the second time around, what I'm saying is 2200 is EXTREMELY high, and maybe my post confusing so just in case it was, SAT's do not matter for Med School, just focus on the MCATS (you won't be taking this test until your junior year in college), that test is LOADS of fun. And also, whilst you do get more respect when you tell people oh I went to UCLA or I went to USC, it doesn't really matter, it still offers the same degree albeit some schools are more oriented into certain areas, I mean you know a guy who graduates from UCLA medical school compared to dude who graduated from Harvard medical school they're both called doctors, same goes for your colleges, whether it's USC or UCLA or Cal state LA it still says bachelor's degree of <insert major here
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

I want to go to Boston University for their accelerated bachelors to med school program. I also knew that SAT's didn't matter for med school. :P I just want good scores.
sinical_sycology
Loyal

Post by sinical_sycology »

oooooh i see, lol sorry I thought you thought that the SAT matters for Med school or felt that for some other reason you were required to get a 2200, well then if you just want that feeling of pride and be better than everyone else than go for it, supporting ya 100%! And gl with that med school program, mind me asking exactly what part of the medical field do you plan on going into? I'm going for neurosurgery (that might take awhile).
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" - Jesus Of Nazareth -

"An educated fool is more foolish than an ignorant one." - Moliere -

"There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are well-dressed fools." - Nicolas Chamfort -

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain -

"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde -

REVOLUTIONARY - An oppressed person waiting for the opportunity to become an oppressor - Cynics Dictionary -
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Fishhead »

Pediatric surgery is what interests me most.