i'm having problems

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Quixotic
Dedicated

i'm having problems

Post by Quixotic »

As far back as I can remember, I've always had some attraction to girls. Up until a while ago I was having no problems with my feelings. But I started going to church (which I love) and I got baptized (by choice) and now I feel so GUILTY about.. those feelings.

I'm so confused and upside down now and I have no idea what to do...
Rivv
Loyal

Re: i'm having problems

Post by Rivv »

I sometimes have those same guilty feelings when I look at girls. i just have to remember that Jesus loves me no matter what I do. You also need to remind yourself of that, because it's true. I don't want to sound all preachy {my friends say i do that sometimes} but i honestly believe it.

hope it helps

~Rivvy
Silence you lost me

No chance for one more day
Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

I don't think there is anything wrong with looking at girls and finding them beautiful. I don't mean to be overly blunt but I don't see the conflict between religious belief and noticing other girls when they in fact wanting to be noticed by people. They wear the clothes they wear, the makeup they wear, style the hair how they style it, etc... because they *WANT* people to notice them for the traits they feel are their best and most beautiful. I suppose for a devout Christian the line needs to be drawn somewhere...
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
Quixotic
Dedicated

Post by Quixotic »

But what about a girl ACTING on her feelings for another girl?
Rivv
Loyal

Post by Rivv »

like i said.

no matter what, jesus loves you.
Silence you lost me

WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? »

my friends were talking to their priest and he said that there is nothing wrong with a homosexual relationship as long as there is no sex and no marriage.....but as Rivv said Jesus will love you no matter what.....god wouldn't have made everyone so different if he wanted us all to be the same, including who we like!
Rivv
Loyal

Post by Rivv »

And the world would be really boring if everyone was straight.
Silence you lost me

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye »

[quote name='Quixotic;491572']But what about a girl ACTING on her feelings for another girl?[/quote]

Well consider the fact that >70% of people are not virgins when they take their wedding vows and then consider the fact that the United States and much of the western world is > 90% Christian, Catholic, etc... of one denomination or another. In other words what I am saying is that acting on your desires, with a guy (if you're a girl) or with a girl (if you're a guy), or one or the other in a homosexual way is obviously very common before marriage. I just don't see the problem I guess.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

If God wants to change you, he will. But if He doesn't, he won't. My life has forever been changed because I like men. Most likely for the better.

For example:

I was girl crazy before I found out I was gay. If I had ended up straight at the time when girls started to notice me, I might have been a bit slutty. However, when one is gay, at least in my case, the pickings are slim. I have dated 2 guys in my whole life, and they were 2 years apart. Because I grew to appreciate what could happen in a relationship, I treasured it, and I didn't cheat. I went in it with my all and was much better than I would have been if I was straight.

It may not be the exact same for you, but consider... theres a story that says God spoke to a man through a donkey. If a jackass can speak for God, then anyone can. He uses everyone, even sinners. But that's not what I want to say. It's certainly not a sin. Even in homosexual relationships, one can honor God, moreso through getting married. The point I wanted to make was that differences are used for God's purpose. When that's factored in with the promise God makes that all things work out for the betterment of His children, it's important to note that even if homosexuality is a sin(certainly not), you are fulfilling your purpose either way, which is the most we can do.
Jesus loves you! Even if I think you suck!

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

:lol: :woot:

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?
WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? »

[quote name='Rivv;491576']And the world would be really boring if everyone was straight.[/quote]

Sooo true, so true!:lol:
Lostinhersong
Loyal

Post by Lostinhersong »

[quote name='Rivv;491576']And the world would be really boring if everyone was straight.[/quote]

omg, so true!!!
"Excuse me while I go and have a 'geek-gasm' "- random guy at Comic-Con '07

Brittni: -rips pants off of me-

Me: HEY! I was wearing those!

Brittni: My pants...I therefore have the right to revoke your right of wearing them. I just acted upon my right, and flattened your right...

Me: Yeah...You're right.
TooManyScars
Loyal

Post by TooManyScars »

Well I am not meaning to upset anyone or ruffle any feathers. I do believe in God, Jesus, and believe what the Bible says. In Corinthians it talks about all the sexual sin that was going on in the church. Homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible. Man and Woman were made for one another. Not the other way around. God destroyed two whole cities because of their sexual sin. I am not saying that people who are lesbians or gay should be destroyed, please don't misunderstand me. God also flooded the world because of sin in general... not just homosexuality... not even mentioned in that story. Sin is sin. The Bible says all sin is the same in the eyes of God. We all sin, we can't help it. We can try to follow Christ's example in living holy lives to the best of our ability and asking for help/strength when we need it and forgiveness when we screw up (which we inevitably will). So me telling a lie today is the same as someone engaging in homosexual acts. As far as thoughts and feelings... we can't necessarily control what thoughts come to mind all the time. We can control what we do with those thoughts.

Anyway. I don't want to ruffle feathers or make anyone upset like I said. I know that everyone has different beliefs Christian or not... and even Christians differ on what they believe the Bible says about certain issues. I'm just voicing my belief and my understanding. I don't expect everyone to come to the same conclusion. The most important thing is trying to live our lives to the highest moral standard possible, which in my belief system means to follow the example of Christ. It's always the goal to have everyone on their "best behavior" though some may differ as to what that might look like. Like others said... Jesus loves you no matter what. He does! All that matters is if you believe in Him and His sacrifice for your sins, and if you try to live a life pleasing to God. No one ever asked us to be perfect. If we were perfect we wouldn't need God... right? But we're not... so we do.

Again, I want to make sure I add the disclaimer that I know other people believe different things and I am in no way trying to condemn anyone who believes something different than I do. I am just sharing what I believe on the subject, nothing more, nothing less.

Kelli
WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? »

I am a christian too, but i dont think that things can be as black and white as the bible is...it was written by man...so there are mistakes in it....man makes mistakes....and god made you the way you are, and he loves you for who you are!!!
sadandlonely87
Loyal

Post by sadandlonely87 »

yeah but the bible does speak the truth
WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? »

that isnt a proven fact....that is just your opinion...
TooManyScars
Loyal

Post by TooManyScars »

Well, there actually are a lot of things that confirm the Bible to be true from secular (non-religious) and archaeological sources just to name a few. Not to get in a religious debate. Truth is truth whether you believe it or not. An orange is orange no matter how many times you call it blue. There can only be one truth to our creation or how we came about... and how the world came to be. But lets not get into a religious debate. We're here to love, support, and encourage one another. Not force our beliefs. Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they want to believe.
WhOaMi?
Loyal

Post by WhOaMi? »

okay, just trying to say that you can still be a christian and not follow the bible....and you are saying there is only one way we, and the world were created??? Please don't tell me you are saying evolution didnt occur??? There is more evidence of that than there is that the bible is fact!
munchkinprince
Loyal

Post by munchkinprince »

The bible and science can exist simultaneously. I don't know who told you that there was any verse denying evolution.
Jesus loves you! Even if I think you suck!

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

:lol: :woot:

I know a kid named Sora who defeated the darkness in humanity's hearts and he's a teenager. You're an adult; what have you done with your life?
TooManyScars
Loyal

Post by TooManyScars »

Hmm unless you've really been into the research I don't think anyone can really say that there is more evidence one way or the other, or make any statements claiming fact. I have been into research about creation/vs evolution, archeology, history from both religious and non-religious sources. Findings from people who set out trying to disprove Christianity and the Bible but couldn't and ended up becoming Christians because the evidence for far outweighed the evidence against. As far as verses denying evolution I suppose that has to do with your verbage and what you mean by that. Genesis talks about God "Creating" not having millions of years for us to evolve from some chemical reaction somehow creating a cell that somehow eventually turns into a being as complex as a human. Not just that but all the other beings, plants, animals, insects... In addition, Genesis isn't the only part of the Bible talking about how we were created... it's spread throughout the whole thing. How we were created in God's image (psalm 139 is an example), created for His purposes, created for his pleasure.

Studying Conception/Pregnancy in depth for nursing school really opened my eyes to how complex we are. It's not as simple as sex + 9 months = baby. In my mind there is no way that all could happen by chance. There is far too much that has to go just right in a pregnancy for a baby to even be born, let alone normally. Study it sometime, more than just a high-school health class. It's amazing how complex we are.

Many of the supposed 'ape men' and 'missing link' skeletons etc have actually been found later to be hoaxes. Even Darwin converted to Christianity before his death and realized he'd been wrong. I never said I don't believe in Science, I do. I love science, it has always been my favorite subject. That's why I became a nurse. The Bible and Science do exist simultaneously. But science is always changing. The Bible isn't. Great scientists once thought the Sun revolved around the Earth. Leaders in Medicine not too long ago used to think sugar was good to put on wounds to help them heal, when in fact it feeds bacteria. So we don't do that anymore. Science has even proven the Bible in certain instances. Fossils and layers of rock/earth and other things proving a worldwide flood. (Almost every culture has a story passed down about 'the great flood' too.) Science takes what evidence is available and tries to make sense of it. We have gotten a long way with science and continue to learn more and more about ourselves and our world. Science has never dis-proven creation. God provided us with all the evidence we need for creation in the world around us, ourselves, our neighbors, and the Bible. The questions we can't answer we won't know this side of heaven, and we're asked to go on faith. Now, that is what I believe.

I am not so naive to think or expect that everyone believe the same thing. Everyone comes to their own understanding of their faith. Some people believe every word of the Bible. Some believe just the general principles. Some reject it completely. As far as salvation, if you believe what the Bible says... all you need is to believe in and accept Christ's sacrifice for your sins and that's it. Things like evolution vs creation, was the garden of eden a real place, were adam and eve real people, was there really a flood and the 10 plagues in egypt, did moses really part the red sea... They don't matter as much. All that matters in Christianity when it comes down to it is Christ. Christian... "Little Christ" "Christ Follower"... Not a laundry list of little details you have to believe.

Even so, not everyone is a Christian. Are they bad people? No. They just have different beliefs. Maybe I am wrong. I don't believe that I am, but someone else will inevitably believe the opposite that I do with just as much certainty and passion.

I will gladly share what I believe to be true based on my faith first and foremost, then what I know of scientific, archaeological, historic evidence if wanted. But mostly I will share what I believe by faith in the Bible and the ways God has revealed Himself to me and worked in my life and in the lives of others I know. That is my firsthand experience and evidence that makes me believe what I believe.

We're all different. We're all individuals. Everyone comes to different conclusions, or different variations. We all know the saying of 3 witnesses to an accident or a crime will all say something at least slightly different. Everyone has a different angle from which they see things. Everyone has a different background and experiences that shape their beliefs.

I believe what I believe. I will listen to what others say. I don't mean to sound condemning to anyone, that's not my intent and I apologize if I came across that way. I just believe what I believe. Others believe what they believe. I'm totally fine with and accepting of that. I hope that I can be accepted for what I believe without judgment as well.

Peace and ((Hugs))
Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Post by Bleeding~Hero »

I'm not religious anymore, but back when I was I battled the same problem. I prayed and prayed constantly, literally down on my knees crying and begging for him to make the feelings that I had go away. For a while, I thought he didn't care, or wasn't really there, but then I came to a realization. God wasn't going to fix me because there was nothing wrong with me. Despite what the bible said, I knew God really did love me, and made me with those feelings.