Need Help

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Need Help

Post by Bleeding~Hero »

So I met this guy on friday. He's so wonderful. He's funny and handsome and i cant stop thinking about him. friday was our homecoming, and while i was off having a smoke with a new friend of mine, she told me she knew this guy and i said i'd like to meet him for the heck of it. basically i had given up on guys in this town because i thought i knew everyone that was gay, and they were all either assholes or sex addicts. i thought he was just going to be another one of them, but i thought it wouldnt kill me to make a new friend. so im sitting in the bleachers talking to someone, and he comes up to meet me, and woah! he was so easy on the eyes. i looked into his eyes and melted right away. ever believe in love at first sight? me neither until then. we got along really well, or as well as his lady friends who were harassing him the whole time would let us.

anyway, we've been sending each other messages nonstop since then.

the only problem is, he's 15, and im 18. i wanted to know before i got into this, if i was going to fall into a few problems. i don't know a whole lot about statutory rape and all that, and i need to know so if it does turn out to be a problem, i will just avoid it because i dont need "sex offender" painted on my mail box my entire life for one slip up.
CanadaCraig
Veteran

Re: Need Help

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Bleeding~Hero!! :)

I hope you're OK.

Just you're luck, eh? The 'White knight' shows up and he's only 15!!

I appreciate your concern and respect you for NOT wanting to step over a line that could possibly haunt you for the rest of your life. I don't know where you live - but in the U.S. and Canada the age of consent usually is 18 so I think your concern is very justified. If you can tell me where you live [Country, Province, State] I might be able to find you some helpful information.

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
four
Veteran

Post by four »

Yeah, you are going to have to let us know what state or country you are from to find that out. If you do not want to tell us, google age of consent.
NAAM
Theaterangel666

Post by Theaterangel666 »

I thought 16 was the age of consent in the states....not positive and I would listen to craig and four more than little ole me...just thought I would throw that in there. Does it change by state?
Lostinhersong
Loyal

Post by Lostinhersong »

I'm very sure that the legal age of consent is 16 in the United States.

Statutory rape...If I remember the lecture I had to sit through before, the only way you could get into serious trouble with this is if his parents flip out and call the cops.

I'm sure, though, that you want to get to know him quite well before jumping into bed with him anyhow. ;)
"Excuse me while I go and have a 'geek-gasm' "- random guy at Comic-Con '07

Brittni: -rips pants off of me-

Me: HEY! I was wearing those!

Brittni: My pants...I therefore have the right to revoke your right of wearing them. I just acted upon my right, and flattened your right...

Me: Yeah...You're right.
four
Veteran

Post by four »

The age varies state to state, no set one for the country, most seem to be 17.
NAAM
Lostinhersong
Loyal

Post by Lostinhersong »

Oh, well, in West Virginia it's 16...

Then again, our intelligence isn't really valued in the United States...Look at the movie Wrong Turn....Heh.
"Excuse me while I go and have a 'geek-gasm' "- random guy at Comic-Con '07

Brittni: -rips pants off of me-

Me: HEY! I was wearing those!

Brittni: My pants...I therefore have the right to revoke your right of wearing them. I just acted upon my right, and flattened your right...

Me: Yeah...You're right.