Yet Another Car Seat Topic

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

FranklinF
Veteran

Yet Another Car Seat Topic

Post by FranklinF »

Ok, so I am looking through some crazy chinese wholesale store online, and I come across this wonder: "Kangaroo Car seat/ baby carrier . I am not supporting this in any way. I just wanted to give a big WTF this thing doesnt look safe in the slightest, I know other countries don't have as strong of laws or consumer testing like those of us here in the U.S. but who the heck passed the ok on this death trap looking contraption.

I could be completely wrong in my assumption, but i think not
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Cindy
Veteran

Re: Yet Another Car Seat Topic

Post by Cindy »

What doesn't make it so safe here in the US is Airbags deploying in the child's face. That's also why you should be so old to sit in the front seat a car. Airbags can kill you if your too small or young.

I wouldn't put my kid in it. IT actually looks pretty safe, but once your child is old enough to climb out, then what? Pretty scary!
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

well i think that most of the cars out on the road now have the warning stickers on the visors that say children under a certain age shouldnt sit in the front, but i dont think there can be many laws about it as some trucks and cars only have the front seat, but i do think that air bags on the passenger seats should have an on off switch on every vehicle
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

Safe?!

No.

Not at all.

Wtf was the maker thinking???

5 Point harness is best for babies obviously... but having a kangaroo sling in a car... no. That's something you wear on your body when you're walking around with the baby.. not something you use to keep your child from DYING in a car accident.

Plus that baby is Ff?!

Yeah.. disaster waiting to happen.
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]