Imprtant Sex Question

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

etoiledefootball
Loyal

Imprtant Sex Question

Post by etoiledefootball »

Ok so me and this girl were at a party the other day and she gave me a blowjob now she had a cold sore, can anything come of this?? (I'd appreciate help)
"All I have

All I am

Nothing you are"

Me
Queergrrl
Loyal

Re: Imprtant Sex Question

Post by Queergrrl »

Someone has herpes? I dunno. What comes of this? I forget how herpes works like if the wang can give it to the mouth or if the mouth can only give it to the wang. I will let someone who knows what the hell they are talking about take this one. sorry, maybe i shouldn't have posted heh
Samantha Queergrrl

xpennyroyalx@hotmail.com

my world.my love.my gun.

1800-SUICIDE (7842433)

http://www.cap.gov
etoiledefootball
Loyal

she had a cold sore when she gave me head
"All I have

All I am

Nothing you are"

Me
Mail Order
Veteran

Post by Mail Order »

I don't think anything should happen.

Though there is the chance of getting genital herpes(SP) from it. I think. :blink:
ATTENTION: Due to finanical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

"They turn the lights down low,

In shadows hiding from the world,

Only coming out when it gets cold.

The seas part when they hit the floor,

The voices carry on and out the door

And everything you touch turns into gold

Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,

Your eyes they penetrate me,

(Never cease to amaze me)

That's when I got up and left" Like The Angel - Rise Against
Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky »

well to be safe id just get tested most likly nothings gonna happen... but u can never be sure :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry
Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt »

yeah..in sex ed they said that you can get herpes that way...cuz cold sores are a form of herpes and all

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie »

Originally posted by Chris55@Jan 21 2003, 07:28 PM

Cold sore doesnt mean she has herpes...
not necessarily, but it can. there's a good chance as unforgiving_soul said.
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Cold sores are herpes, no?

My mom gets 'em all the time. I know because when she does I laugh and say, "haha, you have a herpe!" Then she gets confused. :lol:
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
climbingupthewalls
Loyal

Post by climbingupthewalls »

pretty much all cold sores are herpes...but don't freak. lotsa people have it and never really know :ph34r:
you hate organized religion like you know what it is.
MiKeYo
Loyal

Post by MiKeYo »

What is Herpes?

Herpes is an infection caused by two different but closely related viruses ? herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2). Both are easy to catch. They have similar symptoms. And both can occur on different parts of the body. When the infection is on the mouth, it is called oral herpes. When it is on or near the sex organs, it is called genital herpes.

What are the symptoms of oral herpes?

"Cold sores" or "fever blisters" usually show up on the lips or inside the mouth. They are common in young children. Brief, direct contact is all that's needed to pass the virus. Cold sores are annoying but harmless in children and adults. But cold sores are very harmful to a newborn. Oral herpes in adults is usually a "flare-up" of a childhood infection.

What are the symptoms of genital herpes?

Very often there are none. The most common symptom is a cluster of blistery sores ? usually on the vagina, vulva, cervix, penis, buttocks, or anus. Symptoms may last several weeks and go away. They may return in weeks, months, or years.

The first episode of symptoms of a genital herpes infection is called "primary herpes."

Symptoms include

blisters

open sores

pain in the infected area

itching

burning feelings if urine flows over sores

inability to urinate if severe swelling of sores blocks the urethra

Very severe first episodes may have symptoms that include

swollen, tender lymph glands in the groin, throat, and under the arms

fever

chills

headache

general run-down feelings

achy, flu-like feelings

The symptoms of later episodes are usually less severe than the first.

Many people carry the virus in their bodies but do not have their first episode of symptoms until they are infected another time.

How is herpes spread?

Herpes is spread by touching, kissing, and sexual contact, including vaginal, anal, and oral intercourse. It can be passed from one partner to another ? or from one part of the body to another.

Herpes is most contagious when sores are open and "weeping" ? until the scabs heal and fall off. Mucous membranes of the mouth, vagina, penis, anus, and eyes can be infected easily. Skin can be infected if it is cut, chafed, or burned, or has a rash or other sores.

We now know that it is possible, but less likely, to get herpes from someone who does not have sores. Over the course of one year, the chance of getting genital herpes from an infected partner who has no symptoms is 10 percent.

It is very unlikely that herpes is spread by contact with toilet seats, moist towels, or similar objects.

How can people prevent spreading herpes to others?

There may be some early warning signs before an outbreak occurs ? tingling, burning, or itching where sores were before. The warning signs may start a few hours or a day before the sores flare up. It's best to stop having sexual contact if you feel one of these symptoms.

Touching sores may spread the virus to other parts of the body. If you have active herpes:

Don't touch the sores. If you do, wash your hands with soap and water ? this kills the virus. Wash your hands

after going to the bathroom

before rubbing your eyes

before touching a contact lens

Don't wet contact lenses with saliva ? especially if you have oral herpes.

If you have a cold sore on your mouth, don't kiss anyone ? especially infants, children, or pregnant women.

If you have a genital sore, don't have sexual intercourse ? even with a condom. Wait until the sore heals. The virus can spread from sores not covered by the condom. It can also spread in sweat or vaginal fluids to places the condom doesn't cover. Having sex, even with a condom, will irritate the sores, and they will take longer to heal.

How long does it take for sores to appear after a person gets infected?

Primary herpes usually begins from two to three weeks after the virus enters the body. But it may happen earlier. And it may take much longer.

How long do sores last?

The sores usually heal in about two weeks. But the virus stays in the body. It can "flare up" and cause sores again. Symptoms are more painful and last longer in women or men with illnesses that weaken the immune system ? like leukemia and HIV.

What is a recurrence?

When herpes flares up again, it is called a "recurrence" or "outbreak." The warning signs may occur and new sores may break out in places where the first ones were. When symptoms recur, they are not as severe. Recurrences may be more frequent for people with weakened immune systems.

What causes a recurrence?

No one is sure. Other infections, stress, surgery, menstruation, sexual intercourse, and skin irritations like sunburn may bring on recurrences. A good diet, enough rest and sleep, and peace of mind may prevent recurrences.

Does herpes always recur?

Herpes recurs in about half of the people who have it. Recurrences are individual and vary. Some people rarely have them. Others have them often.

How is herpes diagnosed?

Clinicians diagnose herpes by testing fluids taken from the sores. Sores are often seen during pelvic exams. If you suspect you have herpes sores, see a clinician as soon as possible.

It's important to be sure that the sores are herpes. Other serious sexually transmitted infections, like syphilis, may look like herpes but need different treatment.

A blood test can tell if you have been exposed to the herpes virus ? even if you don't have symptoms.

How can symptoms be relieved?

Warm baths or wet tea bags (not herbal) may give relief. Loose cotton clothes will help prevent chafing. Keep the sores dry by sprinkling cornstarch in underwear ? moisture can slow healing. Holding cool compresses or ice packs to the sores may be soothing. Aspirin, acetaminophen, or ibuprofen may help relieve pain and fever.

A clinician may prescribe acyclovir, famiciclovir, or valacyclovir. They may speed up the healing of sores and weaken the virus. Using these medicines during outbreaks themselves is called episodic therapy.

Is there a way to prevent outbreaks?

People who have more than six outbreaks a year may be advised to take small daily doses of acyclovir, famiciclovir, or valacyclovir to help reduce the frequency of recurrences. Daily use of these medicines is called suppressive therapy.

Is it important to seek health care?

Yes. Only a clinician can make a correct diagnosis through laboratory tests. And the medicines are only available through prescription.

Is there a cure for herpes?

No. However, in most cases outbreaks become fewer and weaker over the course of a few years. They usually end within five or six years.

What happens if a woman is pregnant and has herpes?

Most women who have herpes needn't worry. Rarely does a woman with recurrent herpes pass the infection on to her newborn. The greatest danger for the fetus is during delivery if a woman is having her first episode. In some of these cases, contact with herpes sores can lead to severe damage of the nervous system ? or death. If herpes sores are present when a woman begins labor, a caesarean section can be done to avoid infecting the newborn. Very rarely is a fetus infected earlier in pregnancy.

What can a woman do to prevent her newborn from getting herpes?

She should tell her clinician if she or her sex partner has ever had genital herpes. The clinician can help her watch for symptoms during her pregnancy. Together they can plan the best care for herself and her baby. She should avoid unprotected oral, vaginal, and anal sex during pregnancy if her partner has a history of herpes or if she has any concerns about being exposed. An infected partner may also want to consider suppressive therapy throughout the woman's pregnancy.

Does herpes cause cancer of the cervix?

No. Cervical cancer is associated with certain types of human papilloma viruses ? but not the ones that cause genital warts. Pap tests can detect very early precancerous changes in the cervix. All women should have a Pap test at least once a year.

Is there any connection between herpes and AIDS?

Studies show that people with any kind of genital sore can get HIV more easily.

How many people have herpes?

Up to 80 percent of Americans have the most common form of herpes (HSV-1) at some time. It usually appears as oral herpes and is most often spread without sexual contact.

More than 45 million Americans have gotten herpes through sexual contact. Half a million new cases are diagnosed every year. Most often genital herpes is caused by HSV-2. Millions do not know they have it because they never had, or noticed, the symptoms.

i hope this helps...
HI
MiKeYo
Loyal

Post by MiKeYo »

why would you let a girl with a "herpe" on her mouth let you suck you anyway....im just curious
HI
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

cold sores are not herpes and besides you can only "catch" cold sores if you have has the virus b4 that

*Chrstna
There's always someone cooler than you
Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina »

no its totally different from gential herpes
There's always someone cooler than you
etoiledefootball
Loyal

ok i dont have herpes i got checked a while ago so thank you all for the advice and ill be more careful
"All I have

All I am

Nothing you are"

Me