The Power Of Prayer

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Jaegermeister
Veteran

The Power Of Prayer

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:04 am

Helen, I moved it to a new topic to please the powers that be. Actually, it wasn't about self prayer. I've yet to find it, but the jist of the story was. Couples at a fertility clinic were trying to get pregnant. The people funding this study obtained a list of names of couples at the clinic. Then they took like half of the names and gave them to people across the country, and asked the people to keep those people in their prayers for a set period of time. The conclusion was that an overwhelming majority of the couples got pregnant after they were prayed for. The couples didn't know they were being prayed for either. I will keep looking for that study. I believe that it was not a religous study though, but testing a theory on quarks... I'll keep looking for you.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: The Power Of Prayer

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:14 am

Prayer Studies

Ummm this isn't exactly what I am looking for but...

The one I was looking for I believe was conducting a study of quarks, and how they may be related to events and stuff like that. I cannot find that exact study as yet. It was actually very interesting. My teacher showed it to me last year, but I forget the site he got it from. I'll keep looking, because I am assuming a bias in the studies based on trying to find a Christian influence of prayer. Christians can sometimes do things just to prove they are right. (Yes I know I am a Christian... in a sense)

And I do realize that you could proably make up a study to say whatever you want... I know I have done it. I had to do a project for statistics that involved creating a study and promoting a false conclusion. I think mine was something like "Candy is healthy for you" or something.

I'll keep looking...

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj » Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:17 am

for the record: I didn't ask you to move it, so if i'm "what be" your mistaken.
--nj

lil_angel_lover
Veteran

Post by lil_angel_lover » Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:18 am

tj I really don't agree w/ doing this. Helen doesn't want 2 believe in prayer and god so why should we force her 2? Just leave her alone. U never know she might be right. Just plz leave her alone about this. She doesn't have 2 believe if she doesn't want 2. So leave her alone. I think this topic could also be locked since it's trying to persuade sum 1 against their beliefs. Sowwy if this offended u, but u know it's true.
If you need to talk to someone I am here. I will keep everything you say confidential.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:41 am

Resist... I didn't move it because of you being 'the power that be'. I moved it because I kept losing track of where it was. This is easier in a different topic. :)

Acting... I'm not trying to force her to believe anything. I know I will never make her believe in the power of prayer (if there is power in prayer), but I do want to show her this study (if I can ever find it! :angry: ) because I think she will be interested from a scientific point of view, not a Christian point of view. And I can't speak for her, but I am thoroughly enjoying the debate ;)

TJ

BTW... Helen if you are getting annoyed and want me to stop, just say so and I will. Until then :evil: Muahahahaha... full ahead debate!! :evil: :D

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:55 am

This is getting a bit off topic, but similar studies are being conducted on the theory that on the sub molecular level (quarks), primative civilizations that would have had no contact with each other (such the Egyptians and the Mayans... both built pyramids... half a world away) around the same time, even though there was no way for them to coordinate or communicate. I believe the theory goes along with some theory in quantum physics, where if you change one twinned quark, no matter how far away the other twin is, it will change at exactly the same time that the other one was changed. The theory (I believe) is that these cultures could have shared twinned quarks that caused them to both do the same things. Yeah, just thought someone would be interested in it...

Probably not though.

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:22 pm

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.