Ouch

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Ouch

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Feb 03, 2003 12:06 pm

Wow, German Chancellor Gerhard Schr?der's party lost in the elections held last week, in his own state! That's gotta suck for him. The Christian Democrats picked up the majority vote in Hesse and Lower Saxony at 48% I believe. Schr?der is from Lower Saxony, and when he was elected Chancellor, his two biggest supporters were Hesse and Lower Saxony. Apparently while the Germans approve of what he is doing regarding the war in Iraq, unemployment rates have been going up and the Germans don't like what he is doing to stop that.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

oneforthemoney
Veteran

Re: Ouch

Post by oneforthemoney » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:42 pm

wow that's gotta suck - so which elections was that? National elections? What system of Government does Germany have ?

~one~

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:05 pm

Go here for more info on German government... they have one similar to the US but it is a multiparty system.

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:04 pm

i dont like germany. when they talk it sounds like everything they say is a curse word...cause of the dirty way they speak.
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:57 pm

How does every word sound like a curse word? They don't really have curse words (well they do but they use them so much that they are not really offensive). How exactly do they speak dirty?

TJ (Who is wondering if he should be offended that someone called his native language dirty...)

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:00 pm

i dunno..but after the history with germany I wouldn't like germans at all..but you know what..it's a new world now, and you gotta live with it

i love you TJ! being German is A OK ! I wanna go to Germany one day

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:48 pm

well i just think it sounds dirty cause they spit alot. I know some german, and i can speak it...and i still think it sounds kida dirty! lol and the country...sure its pretty...but i haven't ONCE MET a german person who wasn't cocky stuck up and condescending...so when i do, maybe my opinion of germany will change! lol
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:15 pm

I'm German... am I cocky stuck up and condesending? You haven't met the right Germans man... Germans are such nice people. Well, friendlier than most Americans anyways (my opinion there). And we don't spit a lot... at least not my accent... the southern dialects are very hard and lots of hocking and gagging, but the Northern German dialects are a lot softer. Try the dialect around Koeln...er... Cologne. The dialect there is very soft. For example... ich... in the southern dialects ik. Cologne, ish. All depends on which part you are in my friend.

Oneforthemoney... :" :D You are right Germany has had a colored history... but if you really know about Germany's history you'll realize that it's not really the individual's fault. Just because Hitller was evil doesn't mean all Germans are.

TJ

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:38 am

HAHAHA the way we learn it its ICH - ICK with more of a hocking kinda sound, and a bit of throat work! hahaha