My Dumb Parents

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

ladytigress
Loyal

My Dumb Parents

Post by ladytigress » Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:24 pm

[COLOR=purple]hmm i asked my mom can i get a job? she said no i said why she said cuz it'll bother ur skool work, u cant reason why parents so i dont bother askin for a job. im 17 they wont see things the way u do they dont take things seriously. im tired of askin whats ur opinion?

FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: My Dumb Parents

Post by FiZzBaW » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:43 pm

Heres something to try.

If you really want a job, there is some reason why you want it so badly. If you could compose all of these reasons why you want a job and/or need a job, into a conversation with your parents, maybe they will see it throgh your eyes and either give you reasons why they don't want you to have a job, or maybe they will let you get a job. You will never know until you try. Oh, and don't reply back if all you are going to say is that you CAN'T talk or reason with your parents, try first :-)

-A little effort never hurt anyone-

-GOD BLESS AND GOOD LUCK-

-FiZz :)
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

faith
Veteran

Post by faith » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:41 am

a job can teach u responsibility. tell ur parnets it is for the best. and if they reall dont want u to have a real job. u could always babysit. that is what i do.
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea

ladytigress
Loyal

Post by ladytigress » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:18 am

i dont fuckin babysit brats i rather be a hooker than to do that i already said u cant reason w/them they dont care so i stopped askin.

MiKeYo
Loyal

Post by MiKeYo » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:21 am

honestly...if you were 17 and you were my kid i would let you in a second...shit i dont want you feeloading your whole life :)
HI