What Should I Do

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

SVTcobraR87
Dedicated

What Should I Do

Post by SVTcobraR87 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:20 pm

ok, heres the scoope . . . my gf (shannon) and i have only been going out for a 5 months but have known each other for about 10 years. when we were just friends we used to talk to each other about nonsence for hours on end. but sence we've started going out it seems like shes like became really self centered or something . ..anytime we talk all she ever says to me is "i really dont care" or "thats great, i couldnt care less". she has like absolutly no interest in anything i do or accomplish. and when she shes some or does something she expects me to jump with joy at everything she says. its getting to the point were i just cant stand it anymore. ive tryed talking to her about it but she says its my fault that we dont communicate well and that im being a real jerk. i mean i love her and all and shes like the only person whos loved me back . .but i enough stress without her between college and rotc . . .i dont want to lose her but i dont wait to go ballistic over her either . . .what should i do . . im at a loss for understanding . . .please help
U.S. Army Reserves - 785th MP BN DET 4

iHEAVENn
Veteran

Re: What Should I Do

Post by iHEAVENn » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:01 pm

no no no, by treating her like she treats you your not going to get anything out of it. shell just be more angry and she wont listen to you at all. if you've tried talking to her, try explaining things to her, tell her you dont like being treated like this. if she wont listen, make her see what shes doing is wrong. since you two have known each other for a long time, and have been going out for a long time, maybe she needs a break from the relationship. maybe its her way of trying to tell you she wants a break, and doesnt want to settle with one person right now. you should ask her why shes acting the way she is, and if she wants to take a break from the relationship. what ever you do dont treat her how she treats you, because then youll fall into it and start treating every gf you get like that. so talk, explain, listen, and possibly take a break as much as that may hurt you, it may be what you two need right now. if the relationship is meant to be you two will get back together :)
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

SVTcobraR87
Dedicated

Post by SVTcobraR87 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:33 pm

or maybe shes just been spoiled all her life and used to getting things her way....this isnt the first time we've gone out and she came crawling back to me
U.S. Army Reserves - 785th MP BN DET 4

iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:36 pm

that may be it to. but you have to ask yourself. how much longer are you willing to put up with it? and how much more can you take?

best of luck :)
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

She
Veteran

Post by She » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:28 pm

Tell her it's really hurting you and ask her to quit acting like she doesn't care or you'll go find someone who does. That should give her the reality check she's needing quite badly right now.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8