Helen Banned

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
WalmRtJunkie
Loyal

Helen Banned

Post by WalmRtJunkie » Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:00 am

Can some one please tell me why Helen C. Watters was banned? It's not that I disagree with the decision or anything... I just want to be kept up to date. Thanks!
I forgot to pay the electricity bill on my mind... therefore, my thoughts are dark.

Image,

Krystena

WalmRtJunkie
Loyal

Re: Helen Banned

Post by WalmRtJunkie » Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:19 am

From the posts of her's that I've read... I fully support the admins' decision. I don't know if banning her was necessary though. Please tell me more. I want to know!!!
I forgot to pay the electricity bill on my mind... therefore, my thoughts are dark.

Image,

Krystena

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Sun Feb 09, 2003 11:40 am

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Now I don't have anyone to argue with!

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive » Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:25 pm

Simple reason. She's been here a long time, disobeyed many rules, is self absorbed and thinks she rules teenhelp still. Her actions have been less than favorable but we decided to give her many chances, i can think of at least 20 chances right now. But enough is enough. All 6 admins voted UNANIMOUSLY (sp) that enough is enough and that she's had too many chances. Therefore she has been banned. End Of Story.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:06 pm

Originally posted by Rast@Feb 9 2003, 10:34 AM

I was in the meeting it was a fair vote with a lot of supporting evidence

Indeed...I posted entire chat logs showing her disregard for the site staff. :)
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:08 pm

I kinda liked Helen. She was honest and told people what's what.

I'm also Helen-inclined because she made that post about God. You know, with the burning shrubs and fake burning cabbages? You know what I'm talking about right?

Oh I'll miss her :'(
I wish I were a spy.

itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:25 pm

i liked her...even though sometimes she was difficult to get along with i thought it was kewl that she was so opinionated.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus

WalmRtJunkie
Loyal

Post by WalmRtJunkie » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:56 pm

Ok, I'm satisfied now. Thanks everyone. Again, I fully support the decision. Helen was... ummm, just plain mean.

Image,

Krystena

Mail Order
Veteran

Post by Mail Order » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:09 pm

Personally, I'm glad she was banned. She was always mean to people. She always bitched at people for no reason.

ANYWAY, that's my 2 cents.

-D.S.
ATTENTION: Due to finanical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

"They turn the lights down low,

In shadows hiding from the world,

Only coming out when it gets cold.

The seas part when they hit the floor,

The voices carry on and out the door

And everything you touch turns into gold

Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,

Your eyes they penetrate me,

(Never cease to amaze me)

That's when I got up and left" Like The Angel - Rise Against

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:12 pm

She gave people honest opinions that weren't just like everyone else's, told people what she thought, and didn't sugar coat it. She contributed a lot to the site and was one of the people I look up to because she didn't worry about standing up to people and telling them what she thought. She's one of the few here that really did that a lot. She helped me personally a lot whether she knew it or not.

And let it be known that I'm not challenging the admins with this post, and I'm not holding any long-term grudges or such.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:14 pm

she was brutally honest though.......

sometimes she said what ppl needed to hear, not what they WANTED to hear... but i guess i can understand why she's banned....but i'll miss her i guess, not that i really liked her, but i can respect her stickin up for herself..... and now who will i have to fight with?!?! lol
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:48 pm

ohhhhhh you seem to know so much!!! how...since you have like 4 posts??
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:05 pm

I wont rush to defend myself as you know what, you are PARTIALLY correct... i have broken some of my own rules but theres one thing that's different.. I realize it and i have punished myself as i would with any other.

I am 20, barely out of a teen, but also if you take the time to look at our staff applications, you will note you are able to be a mentor from ages 14-24.

I stay as openminded and as objectional as i can and I rely on the people to tell me if im right or not... now people in general can say it but are weighted less than my fellow admins if they told me.

I have a very hectic life (school, my own business, the ISP i work for part time, my gf, teenhelp, and MANY more), but i INCLUDE teenhelp in my life because frankly, I LOVE IT HERE.

She had a higher post count cause she spends a shitload of time on the SG's... frankly I hate the SG's but i realize they are a large part of teenhelp, so i stay objectional and keep them. The reason why i hate them is there is TOO much to look over, TOO much to moderate, and TOO much back end admin stuff to upkeep the Support Groups.... hence why we have 4 SG admins and 2 Chat admins.

if you obey the rules, that's fine, i have no problem. If you think you run this site and can do what you want, you are gravely mistaken. I CANT EVEN DO WHAT I WANT. I follow the same set of rules you all do, but i follow them with dignity.

I never said that being here a long time constitutes banning... I merely say that with absolute power, corruption comes easily, which is why ALL 6 ADMINS aggreed upon a set of rules to keep us from corruption. So far they are doing well, and so am i.

There is no double team when it comes to admins, we are a group of 6. we make MAJOR decisions together and must pass unanimously to go through.

Not only did i see this, i took a break from my work (eating up my last 15 min break) to respond to it.

Some love me and the way I do things, some hate me because of the way i do things.. I do things that GENERALLY are loved by most people. dont forget, YOU CANT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:33 pm

:unsure: Keeps his mouth shut...

Ok so I can't really keep my mouth shut. Helen could be offensive sometimes, but that's because she didn't say what people wanted to hear, only what she believed, and I think that she did contribute a lot to these support groups. If nothing else, I enjoyed the dicussions she could provoke.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:51 pm

she also gave great advice!!!! AND NOW many ppl will commit suicide without her casue she gave reasons 4 living... Helen was nice... and shes been banned twice ...w ill she ever be allowed back?????
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry

Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe » Sun Feb 09, 2003 9:57 pm

Helen was always a bitch too me
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:17 pm

Nope, helen is permanently banned, never allowed back
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:08 am

Originally posted by FrontRow@Feb 9 2003, 07:20 PM

Yes, but where there is one helen, there are millions more like her!!!!

muhahahahahaha - muhahahahahaha - muhahahahahaha

And they will suffer the same fate...if they arrive at TeenHelp and don't shape up. :)
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:14 am

Helen had many chances to start acting right, and she wouldn't. We LET her on here many times after we said "no more" but we gave in. this time Helen went TOO far. She started back mouthing the admins, and threatening teenhelp. it was enough for the 6 people that run the site, take care of it, and keep it going, to say enough, which me personally I fight aginst the group alot, so me to vote for someone to be banned is quite unnormal. Helen is banned and she isn't comming back... sorry to all that want her back.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]

iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn » Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:16 am

me personally im glad shes gone, the things she said to me when i posted asking for help on how to get over the death of my bf ill never forget. i know for a fact everyone made the right choice by doing what had to be done. this is a friendly place :) and a place for people to get help and not be criticized because of what their going through. :) but im weird lol i dunno any thing lol
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]