Geometry

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
LonelyChica
Loyal

Geometry

Post by LonelyChica » Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:48 pm

Do any of you understand Geometry?!?! I'm failing that course, and I don't understand it. I spend hours studying for a test, and when the test comes it looks totally different then what i studied on. I'm just wondering if you guys knew of any sites, or any ideas to help me with this stupid stupid subject. take care
Love always,

Danielle Marie

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Re: Geometry

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:35 am

yeah i just finished geometry last unit! YAY! haha i didn't get it too for the whole unit but then i got like 90% on the exam so i really don't know how that happened....LOL!!! i'm just wondering what grade are you doing or like what kind of stuff???
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Dino
Loyal

Post by Dino » Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:51 am

Im doing quite well in that subject

To study geometry is about doing problems/questions/proofs and then check the answer. Its better than plain staring at the text book. and I think its much more interesting.

If you have Q, you're always welcome to pm me.
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:08 am

oh i just thought of something i did that helped me!!! if you have problems spotting the angles and stuff like that... co interior and all that crap TILT your page!!! like turn it around on your desk and you WILL find more things! haha ppl thought i was nuts but it honestly helped!!!
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Trivialnight
Loyal

Post by Trivialnight » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:21 am

just wait till you get into Calculus, thats where the fun stuff starts
Like a bird that's been set free

I've finally found my destiny

All I hope to be is happy

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:30 am

oh i know! hahaha i'm dreading that so much......lol

Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama » Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:21 pm

*shutters* I managed an 78 on my semesetr exam, and an 83 on my semester average in that clase this past semester, and i'm happy. I dont understand hardly any thing in that class... even if i was like the only one to get all the proffs right on the test o.o. I've given way more lunch periods to tutoring for that class then it should be worth.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:03 pm

what grade of math are ya in??

LonelyChica
Loyal

Post by LonelyChica » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:03 pm

I'm not that great in geometry. I made a 65 on my exam and i made a 70 semester average. ekkk and a 67 for this 6 weeks mom is getting me a tutor, and all that stuff <_< i hate geometry _<
Love always,

Danielle Marie

daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme » Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:57 am

i have a sever math block so i absolutly hateeeeeeeeeeee it

*********************THE <span style="color:red"LOVES
OF MY LIFE!!!!!********************

My daughter Kate was born June 16th 1997

My son Timmy (Timmers) was born Aug 1st 2004

I had my daughter Aiyana Moon Love on July 1st 2005.

AshLynn was born Jan. 28th 2007.

I Married to Chandler William. Friday March 20th 2004

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:16 pm

I'm doing pretty well in that class, you can PM me and I'll try to help.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Misfit_toy
Loyal

Post by Misfit_toy » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:36 pm

IT seems that someone is either good at Algebra or Geometry. They're two very different concepts. And honestly, Algebra is used much more often in higher math than Geometry.
Visit my webpage!! Click Here!

LonelyChica
Loyal

Post by LonelyChica » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:10 pm

hey thanks! :) yeah i was really good in algebra, but freakin geometry, well mom has hired a tutor or something so i'll be going to her the day before school starts. i just don't think its really important, but thats just me

thanks for your help :) take care, and Merry Christmas
Love always,

Danielle Marie