June 26, 2002 (short Story Of Tragedy)

Have you written a story? Even a poem? Post your artistic creations here!

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

smlltwn_chick
Loyal

June 26, 2002 (short Story Of Tragedy)

Post by smlltwn_chick » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:08 pm

I stood there, on the only unblemished piece of green grass by the street, and I thought to myself could this really be where it happened? I grasped the pale daisy in my hand even tighter wondering how this could have happened. As I stood there I tried to imagine what Mikey must have went through in those last desperate moments?

Mikey sitting in the care with his cousin Richard, chatting about how great everything seems to be. And how things just seem to work out just the way you want them. Then it happens, the sudden slam on the brakes. The almost unbearable screech of the tires as the try to come to a halt. But cannot and the small car veers uncontrollably into oncoming traffic.

Deafening screams coming from all around him and he is sure that some of them are even coming from himself. Mike feels the car whip suddenly as another truck rams into the side. Crushing the delicate glass and driving the passenger door into him. Suddenly everything becomes a sort of shining blur that blocks everything out but feeling.

He feels the car still moving over the solid mass of ground beneath the hard, round, rubber of the wheels. The car does a sudden flip and he sees Richard being flung from the car like an old rag doll from a long ago childhood. He knew it was over but still there was that slight inclination of hope flickering inside his soul that he would see another day, without the taste of blood in his mouth and the emptiness in his mind.

Finally, the car came to a final stop and Mikey lay there scathed and beaten down, as he took his last breath on this world and everything disappeared into an eternal darkness.

The tears stream down my face as I moved down to the ground where it still smelled of their once animated blood and burning tires. I placed the gentle daisy on the single place of solid, unharmed piece of green earth and said a silent prayer to myself.
*She's a mystery

My most beautiful regret

I will never understand her

She's a mystery

The only promise I can keep

Even in my dreams she ruins me*

*I've found the one I need.. The only trick will be to get her to show up at my door arms full of lilies and eyes full of love*

Life..Written on blank white pages

*out and open L-girl*

Sky
Veteran

Re: June 26, 2002 (short Story Of Tragedy)

Post by Sky » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:16 pm

that was great writing!!! You truly showed good writing

ex)thrown like a rag doll and pale daisy... I liked it a Story 4 once.... GREAT!!!! I rate 10!!
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice