Just Wanted To Share This

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Just Wanted To Share This

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:11 pm

Yesterday i was having the worst day EVER. I thought everything was horrible and i just felt like life was shit. I prayed for the first time in a LOOOOOOOONG time, and then today, when i woke up, everything was totally different. Everything was better, even though it was all the same. God really does answer prayers! YAY! lol

just thought i'd share that

and if you ever need someone to talk to NEVER rule out God, since he's always there, and he never interrupts, and he cares.
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

FiZzBaW
Veteran

Re: Just Wanted To Share This

Post by FiZzBaW » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:19 pm

I am very happy that you have found that GOD answers your prayers. I would suggest that you pray to him regularly as to not be hypicritical as alot of people are, they only pray when they need something, I do it to, so i know how it is. But i also know that it isnt right. I try to pray regularly and in that way you can look at it as all things that happen is GOD talking to us in a way that we understand.

-GOD BLESS and i hope you understand what i mean and that it is just my opinon, if not ya can pm, aim or email me :-)

-FiZz :wacko:
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:22 pm

I know... :S i feel totally bad when i only pray when i need something. So yeah, i will try to pray all the time now! :D
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Sk8r_4_LiFe
Veteran

Post by Sk8r_4_LiFe » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:20 am

that was a great story, but dont just pray to God when u want something, u should pray to God to show ur love for God.
Me: So do you like, HIM?

Rosca: No way, they suck. . .

Me: How can you say that, they're love METAL

Rosca: They ain't Metal!

Me: Well they probably get more women than we will ever in our lives combined

Rosca: Yea cause they're gay. . .

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:05 pm

yeah, i know i try to pray all the time now, cept i usually do it in bed, and uh.... well...... i kinda fall asleep most of the time while i'm praying!!!!! thats so bad, i know..........gonna have to work on changing that! lol

Sky
Veteran

Post by Sky » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:25 pm

well , Im happy 4 you... but I also think that praying may have changed ur attitude but u woke up a whole new attitude.... I think :wacko: :blink: but I beleive in god also making our days better as well
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'Something told the wild geese

It was tine to go

Through the fields lay golden

Something wispered- "SNOW"

Leaves were green and stirring

Berries,luster-glossed

But beneath the warm feathers

Something cautioned- "FROST"

All the sagging orchards

Steamed With amber spice

But each wild breast stiffened

At rembered ice

Something told the wild geese

It was time to fly-

Summer sun was on their wings

Winter in their cry

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:56 pm

well...even if praying changes your attitude...isn't that what its for? and doesn't that mean that praying actually works?? if it makes you feel better.....

tornbutterfly
Loyal

Post by tornbutterfly » Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:20 pm

I fall asleep while I am praying too... but I think it helps me fall asleep better that way, if I don*t wake up the next morning I know I will be safe becasue I would be with him, and it*s also good to pray to God and thank him for all of the wonderful things that he does in our lives..and for other people... :D Our God is an Awesome God!
The whole idea of fitting in is crazy to me.

Why would you want to be just like everyone else?

The same old stuff. How great not to be.

Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Post by Bleeding~Hero » Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:44 pm

Um ok.

That's kinda a weird thing there.

But, what do I know, except alot. j/k

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:17 am

Just remember that there are many different forms of prayer, not just sitting down, folding your hands (how does one fold thier hands? Is it like folding a napkin? Sorry I always thought that phrase was a bit off kilter) and thinking "Dear God...." Prayer comes in many different forms and styles, so don't feel like you need to be a slave to one form of prayer.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:40 am

oh no. i'm not....praying could be walking down the street..... LOL

but i just think its mean to fall asleep! lol when you're praying!! so i'm working hard on stopping! aha

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:48 pm

Try praying when you first get up? Different times of the day are alright. I never pray before bed. I do it in the morning. Don't worry about it if you keep falling asleep, just choose a different time.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:16 am

yeah, i dunno....seems like in bed is all that works for me. And when i'm laying in bed pondering life...thats usually when i get most "depressed" Praying is a good thing for bed time :D i'm all excited for praying tonight now......since i forgot the past 4 days :'(