Jesus Died...why?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Michie
Veteran

Jesus Died...why?

Post by Michie »

Kay, for first things first, I am not Christian. John and Matthew and Paul, etc, all wrote books, interpretations of their own about what happened to Jesus. How do they know what happened?! They lived YEARS (at least 50 to even 200) AFTER Jesus died! So I don't know how much to believe these guys, whom we KNOW weren't even in Jesus's time when they wrote their story about him.

It is said that Jesus was crucified 'for our sins.' In other words, if he wouldn't have died, we would all have our own sins on our shoulders. Was it essential for him to die? I'm thinking most ppl will say yes. If he didn't die, then he couldn't have cleared our sins.

What's this blame on the Jews to have him killed? If the Jews did say -kill him kill him, that gives noone the right to blame nowaday Jews for what happened then. The 'Priests" then weren't even rabbinical Jews, and nowadays, rabbinical Judaism dominates. The priests then were despised by rabbinical jews.

Take your pick about what you want to respond to: Look forward to hearing responses.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
nevermindmylife
Loyal

Re: Jesus Died...why?

Post by nevermindmylife »

First off, John, Matthew and Paul WERE alive when Jesus was, they were his disciples... so they did know what happened.

As for whether or not it was essential for him to die... well, I don't think it would been as effective on getting ppl to believe that he was our saviour if all he did was carry around a magic wand and say "abra cadbra"... if you know what I mean... I wish He didn't have to die for us... I wish he could have lived a life more normal and with a happier ending... but that is not the point. The point is He did, and it is best not to dwell on the past like that. For all we know he could have died of old age and still have forgiven us for our sins, but that's not how it happened.

Furthermore, no one really blames the Jewish ppl anymore for killing Christ... it is too far back for any of the living Jewish ppl to be placed to blame, and most ppl realize that it is stupid to blame the Jewish ppl, because if you think about it the Jesus was Jewish himself, and what was called Jewish then has a different meaning to what it has now (back then it was more or less a cultural group (like Irish, African, Chinese) then it was religious, although religion was a part of it)

and if you are talking about stuff like WW2 and different groups against Jewish ppl... IMO those ppl are only for ppl to hate, and have no grounds upon what they are saying...

<span style=\'color:red\'be sure to stay strong

for hope is always coming right along

Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

Why did Jesus have to die?

Because the law says that the wages of sin is death [you break the law you go to hell.]

And the law had to be fulfilled.

Its as if you were in court, and you had 2,000 bucks worth of trafic fines, but you didn't have a penny to your name, and if you didn't pay up you'd go to jail.

The judge is just about to have you drug off when he askes you if you've any thing to say for your self.

"Well, you know what your honor, I was really bad, and I did something wrong... and I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry. But I know you're a good judge, and I've learned from what I've done... and I promise I won't do it again... so you know what... you could just kind of let me go, and I promise to be good."

What do you think the judge is going to do? If a judge pardons a murderer does that make him a "good" judge? No! He's a courpt judge. Do you think God is a courpt judge? No way! He is they almighty and most perfect judge!

So the judge looks at you like you're insane, bangs his gavle, and here they come to drag you off when the doors burst open, and in steps some guy you've never seen before. He walks right up to the bench, and, well what do you know, he slaps 2,000 bucks on the table. The judge looks up, and tells you you're free to go, because your fine was paid.

Well that's what Jesus did for us. The law said that the penalty had to be paied, so he paied it, and now all he asks in return is that you believe it and allow him to take on your sins and die with them.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney »

Wow... I like your responses to this.

And yes....those were disciples of Jesus when he was alive.

Jesus died, for us to have the freedom of speaking directly to God, asking him for forgiveness of our sins. Jesus also died cause that was His Father's will for him... to sacrifice his life for people he doesn't even know - how powerful is that? Would you die for someone you don't know? A prostitute, a begger, a wife beater, a murderer? Well he for sure did.... Wow, isn't that brave, courageous, unselfish and real LOVE?

That's what Jesus's death on the cross illustrates, but remember, don't always think of Jesus as dying on the cross, cause he did rise three days later and is now our living God in heaven.

~One~
Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie »

With that said, why is half the world angry at Jews for killing him? I'm justifying his death, but I'm wondering...what would have happened had he stayed alive and not 'died for our sins'?
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!
nevermindmylife
Loyal

Post by nevermindmylife »

I don't think any answer here would be even remotely possible to predict the truth.

The world has changed soo much since the time that Christ died.. and because there have been soo many wars and battles fought over Him, it is completely impossible to predict.. if He had never died for our sins, then I am sure God would have found another way for Him to forgive us for our sins... but the truth is there is no way to know, and to ever think about a "what if" situation like this would just boggle the mind and come up with absolutely no answer.

As for "why is half the world angry at Jews for killing Him?" because they are idiots. They are the ppl who look for ppl to hate, to blame, and to scorn for all their problems in the world. If any of them thought of it they would realize that the Jewish ppl of today had nothing to do with, and cannot be placed to blame (I think I covered this already)... besides, I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure that half the world is not against Jewish ppl... I know in WW2 that it was evident that the Nazi's were, but they were also against anyone who wasn't white and Christian... they killed many other religious and cultural groups, however since they killed inmajority Jewish ppl, the other groups have been mostly forgotten

<span style=\'color:red\'be sure to stay strong

for hope is always coming right along