Give your life

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

oneforthemoney
Veteran

Give your life

Post by oneforthemoney » Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:47 am

Any of you remember the school shootings at one of the high schools in the states, a while ago, when students were held at gun point and asked if they believed in God, and if they said "yes" they were shot?

Would you give your life for what you believe in?

I think I would...

Cindy
Veteran

Re: Give your life

Post by Cindy » Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:49 am

No... i don't think i would....
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]

tornbutterfly
Loyal

Post by tornbutterfly » Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:17 am

If it came down to gunpoint...I don't know If I would be strong enough by myself to make that descison and say yes...however - if God was with me I think he would lead me to say yes. I have heard that a person who gives up his/her life will sure gain it back again. There is a song out by The Kry called Cassie's Song dedicated to Cassie Bernall who was shot at Columbine for saying she believed in God. She was someone who had a lot of guts and a strong faith in God to give up her life.
The whole idea of fitting in is crazy to me.

Why would you want to be just like everyone else?

The same old stuff. How great not to be.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:17 am

I'd like to THINK i'd be able to but....who really knows...i dont think we'd really know unless we were in that kind of situation...
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama » Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:54 pm

I wouldnt say yes, i'd probably say something more along the lines of "you'd better belive it!" I'd die for my faith in that sorta situation in a second if it came down to that. Proudly too.
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/

raine
Loyal

Post by raine » Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:22 pm

Most definately.
What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary.

~Stephen Hawking.

Estuans interius, ira vehementi, Sephiroth!

Donnie Darko.

Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil » Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:45 pm

Originally posted by AmAndA@Dec 24 2002, 04:17 AM

I'd like to THINK i'd be able to but....who really knows...i dont think we'd really know unless we were in that kind of situation...

I know what you mean excatly. I've been thinking about this, and came to the conclusion that I would. But you really never know what'll happen if :god forbid: you were in that type of situation.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch

oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney » Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:51 pm

Well if you look back in history.....Jews were killed for their religion, many died for what they believed in, and if you look at it today too....wars are over religion, territory (which belonged to some religious group) and so forth...

Christians were also killed back in the days....and it's still happening...This world is quite harsh.

In the Bible, the story about one of Jesus Disciples who lied about knowing him and where Jesus said before the rooster crows 3 times in the morning he would've denied knowing him...and then when the rooster crowed the disciple realized he denied knowing Jesus....That's how it goes or something, I don't have the exact words, cause I read the Bible in another language.

That's a story about staying faithful pretty much....

raine
Loyal

Post by raine » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:23 pm

Originally posted by oneforthemoney@Dec 24 2002, 04:51 PM

Well if you look back in history.....Jews and Christians were killed for their religion, many died for what they believed in....

And Pagans.
What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary.

~Stephen Hawking.

Estuans interius, ira vehementi, Sephiroth!

Donnie Darko.

Dots
Loyal

Post by Dots » Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:34 pm

itsme
Veteran

Post by itsme » Wed Dec 25, 2002 6:46 pm

right now i would say i would. but i cant really say that unless im in the situation. hopefully i would.
PICTURES.

"Picture the scene, where whatever you thought, would in the blink of an eye manifest and become illustrated. You'd be sure man that every line drawn reflected a life that you loved not an existence that you hated."- incubus

"I'm Sick of Painting in Black and White. My Pen is dry, now I'm uptight. So sick of limiting myself to fit your definition. Redefine."- incubus

Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake » Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:56 am

Originally posted by Dots@Dec 25 2002, 12:34 AM

.....simply put: I've always done good...if there's a God, I should go to Heaven...

I could go into that, but since I'm supposed to be the responsable moderator, I'll avoid getting off track :)....

Anyways....I would totally be willing to die if God wanted it to happen that way. However: it isn't exactly mentally pleasing to think of yourself dieing :)
-Jacob Wilson

Dots
Loyal

Post by Dots » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:21 pm

Oh, but it is mentally pleasing to think of yourself dieing...for some of us anyway...

It'd be lovely to have a reason to do it though - other than the fact we hate ourselves...lah lah lah...

Jacob, I've always done "good enough..." I'm not expecting myself to be super-human, and I certainly don't want a 'responsible father-figure moderator' so get off your pedistool and yell at me or whatever.

Helen, did you read the rest of my post? My point was, that I'm not really scared at all...lah da lah da lah...

So lahdedah...I'm not scccccared at all - what I am...is not getting schoolwork or social stuff done b/c mommy makes me go to Satan's Cathedral...church... all the fucking time...lol...

Dots
Loyal

Post by Dots » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:57 pm

I thought about making a post about this in the past, and by no means am I trying to start an argument...But about "dieing for everyone's sins..." You know...what did Jesus Christ really DO? He died for a cause he believed in - he's what? One in 10 trillion who have done so? I mean...it takes courage and all to stand up for what you believe in, but why is he credited higher than anyone else? If they were lucky enough to save humanity by their dieing, they would have...Jesus Christ was just born luckier than the rest of us - he was born with something to do...he didn't have to work for a divine right like most of us...

I respect him and all, but that is one of the reasons I don't worry about details, and I oppose organized religion...Organized Christianity is like a teenie magazine going nuts about some teenage boy band (Jesus Christ.) ...I respect what he did, but I respect the billions of others who did the same thing just as much...Its not really fair that he was able to "save humanity" while they were not. It was probably much easier for Christ to give up his life than for those who got little out of it.

Word?

Oh, and I'll be thanking God for letting me die...I'm not to fond of living, anymore.

forsaken_without_you
Loyal

Post by forsaken_without_you » Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:18 pm

i dont know if i would, i have never been in that situation...so...

i think i would...i am not sure... this is ganna make me go mad thinking about it! :D
she said she cared...then why am I all alone..?

"would you like a piece of candy?" -

what makes it so bad?

oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney » Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:12 pm

well if you look at it....

what's worse??

Getting shot...

Or

getting pinned to a cross by your hands & feet ... and treated like a juicy piece of meat so that people can look at you and make fun of you while you're in pain....until you finally bleed to death

Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake » Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:11 pm

-Jacob Wilson

oneforthemoney
Veteran

Post by oneforthemoney » Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:47 pm

Amen to that Brother Jake! .......

frost
Loyal

Post by frost » Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:20 pm

hm.. dying for faith

it's a tough question..

come to think of it...

Jesus died for us... in the most painful way

i think it's most appropriate to die for Christ..
Trying to find my way out..

but the rain keeps getting in the way..

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:50 am

Hm. I'm not sure what I believe in right now so... I'm just going to hope I'm not held at gunpoint between now and then.

I could always just start lecturing the guy about my morals and beliefs when he asks, maybe he'll get confused and forget he's holding a gun. Then I can take it and beat him over the head with it or something.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8