it is sad

Scared you're pregnant? Already have a child or one on the way? Ask questions here...

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

wotland princess
Loyal

it is sad

Post by wotland princess » Thu Dec 26, 2002 8:49 pm

it makes me really sad and little angry that teens are gettin pregnant. I feel sorry for what theses mothers that are 14 or older or younger. I know condoms break hormones are goin everywhere.There are 10 girls at my school pregnant and most of them are freshman. I see one her friends are like this so cool your havin a baby. She doesnt know what she got herself into. I have babysat a new born and it isnt a easy job. I just wish teens would think about what comes out of sex.I know if you are raped it isnt your fault. I wish goodluck to all teen mothers and teens that are pregnant.
EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE! ~MERCEDES LANDER~

daloverlyme
Loyal

Re: it is sad

Post by daloverlyme » Thu Dec 26, 2002 9:38 pm

ty for the good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!. dont feel sorry for us tho, we just really need support. it seems us teen moms cant go a day with out being talked badly about.

*********************THE <span style="color:red"LOVES
OF MY LIFE!!!!!********************

My daughter Kate was born June 16th 1997

My son Timmy (Timmers) was born Aug 1st 2004

I had my daughter Aiyana Moon Love on July 1st 2005.

AshLynn was born Jan. 28th 2007.

I Married to Chandler William. Friday March 20th 2004

daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme » Sat Dec 28, 2002 9:37 am

i do agree wit hthat, but sometimes us moms get a lil sick of the comment "babies having babies". we arent babys and dont want to be treated like babys. alot of us have sex education but for different people different things happen. Teen moms should be treated as older moms are, with respect and with an amazing miracle to raise. i do not say go out and get pregnant tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes it is hard, try being a preteen with a baby aready, mow that is hard!!!!!!!!!!.

daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme » Sat Dec 28, 2002 5:01 pm

i know what the expression means. i totally agreed i was a baby having a baby when i was 12 and a new mom, but teenagers having babies doesnt exacly fit with that re,mark, i know it doesnt mean it liturally but still.

frost
Loyal

Post by frost » Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:47 pm

i dunno...

if i was in their shoes i don't think i can cope w/ it

it's just too much responsbility :(
Trying to find my way out..

but the rain keeps getting in the way..

daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme » Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:57 pm

well when it happens you learn to cope with it, its hard but possible.

LonelyChica
Loyal

Post by LonelyChica » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:03 am

you want teen moms to have the same respect given to them like older moms?

news flash, most older moms are married, have money, have a job, graduated from highschool, mature enought to handle a baby 24/7. yeah theres alot of teen moms who are mature, and stuff, but you don't find that many, and they have to rely on their parents. like the girl that started this topic, girls who are raped can't help it, i understand. but the girls who spread their legs willing do. yeah condoms break and stuff, but i think you should be older when you have sex, not being 12 and being a mother already. thats just really akward newayz. but still there's a since of maturity and responsiblity when you have sex. yeah i guess its fun, and you're just having a good time, but you have to think a little ahead. what if the condom breaks? what if he doesn't pull out if it does break? what if i end up pregnent? i think if you're serious on having sex, that the guy should have protection, and that the girl should be taking birth control pills.

but newayz, that just errks me when you say that teen moms need to have the same respect and with an amazing miracle to raise. that respect is given, when the mother is in a good living environment, has enought to provide for her and her child (if the father left) or if the mother is married, if the husband and the mother have enough to live off of with a child. and that amazing miracle to raise, yeah i agree, but that raising is mostly done my the teen mother's parents.

sorry that just really boils my water, i know i haven't been pregnent, but i rather be a teen, then being a mother right now, you're only young once, you can wait before you have sex, its not going to kill you. and you can wait before you have kids until you're out of highschool, and at least until you have money to support the child.
Love always,

Danielle Marie

daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:04 pm

my parents really have nothing to do with supporting kate, they did when i was younger. i go to school and work after at a daycare that my daughter can go to after school with me for free. most of my friends raise their kids by themselves and do very well at it. im one of the youngest people i know to get pregnant at the age i did but i think im doing pretty well raising kate, shes feed, clean, roof over her head, has lots of love. she may not have a true father figure in her life but i raise her as both. Im going to teach her to be a strong independent woman who doesnt have to count on men.

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:03 am

ok, i think lonelychica did kinda make sissy defend herself. she does deserve the respect given to older moms, and probably more if her kid is being raised with more love than [sadly] most of the people here feel like they're getting. i applaud your maturity [that they seem to say teen moms can't have] and your ability to keep your daughter well cared for, it's difficult for adults, and i know it had to be many times more difficult for you. she sounds like you've given her a good loving home to grow up in, and that's the most important thing.

[yea, i didn't get my period till i was 14 either.] 12 seems too young to realize the consequences of sex and whatnot, and most 17 year olds haven't even grasped that concept, so i think we should bash the educators, not the girls who have made that mistake, because we all make mistakes. a baby is a miracle, no matter when it comes, even if it's an inconvenience for the parents or an "accident", it's still a miracle. we just need more sex-ed and not abstinence education so teens know how to hold off on the miracles till they're ready :0). and it sucks that girls get bashed so much more for having sex early than guys do. *grumble*. ok now im just bitching, hehe, peace.
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.

wotland princess
Loyal

Post by wotland princess » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:25 am

i want to congrat you daloverlyme. I am just scared of sex cause of gettin pregnant. I have a boyfriend he doesnt force me to have sex. He knows i am scared of gettin pregnant. I couldnt handle bein pregnant at 15. I miss my boyfriend so much we are 710 miles apart right now :( I love him though and i know i will lose my virginity to him one day i just dont know when.
EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE EAT SOME POUND CAKE! ~MERCEDES LANDER~

daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:01 am

ty for thoses with compassion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wait as long as possible before having sex!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i was still virgin!!

LonelyChica
Loyal

Post by LonelyChica » Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:01 am

Originally posted by DreamPixie@Dec 30 2002, 04:03 AM

ok, i think lonelychica did kinda make sissy defend herself. she does deserve the respect given to older moms, and probably more if her kid is being raised with more love than [sadly] most of the people here feel like they're getting. i applaud your maturity [that they seem to say teen moms can't have] and your ability to keep your daughter well cared for, it's difficult for adults, and i know it had to be many times more difficult for you. she sounds like you've given her a good loving home to grow up in, and that's the most important thing.

[yea, i didn't get my period till i was 14 either.] 12 seems too young to realize the consequences of sex and whatnot, and most 17 year olds haven't even grasped that concept, so i think we should bash the educators, not the girls who have made that mistake, because we all make mistakes. a baby is a miracle, no matter when it comes, even if it's an inconvenience for the parents or an "accident", it's still a miracle. we just need more sex-ed and not abstinence education so teens know how to hold off on the miracles till they're ready :0). and it sucks that girls get bashed so much more for having sex early than guys do. *grumble*. ok now im just bitching, hehe, peace.

sorry if i made her defend herself. but this touches a really soft spot on me, and it just errks me on alot of stuff she's said. yeah its great that she takes care of her lil girl and all, and how she hasn't really given up. but whos roof is over your and your lil girls head? i mean i know i'm not viewing this on your side, and i've tryed, but i'm the type of person who thinks ahead, what peps tell me is that i live too much into the future. i don't live in the present, i always think of my actions and whats going to happen in the future. i've always been taught how babies are made, and what to do and not to do since i've been 9. i started my period when i was 10, so i've always known about sex and stuff that happens when you're pregnent. i don't know, maybe cuz i was taught at such a young age, and how i've been raised, i've always been taught not to rely on others. not to put yourself in a situation that will effect your life in such a large matter.

no offense, but i think you'll take it in that way. i think older mothers are given respect more then teen moms cuz. 1. they waited till they had enough money, 2. they can support themselves and their baby without help, 3. they have a job 4. already have their education 5. they're mature enough to handle the baby and finally 6. they can provide a good living environment for the child

but a teen mom, most neways, get alot of help from their parents. they still live with the parents, meaing the parents may all the bills for utilities, phone, electric. blahblah, food, gas money for the car. stuff like that, most rely on their parents, or help from others. like you, you say that you have a job and all that good stuff. thats great, but i'm guessing you're still with your parents, which is also resonable cuz you're only 17, but you get help from your parents there. its just i don't think that most teen moms should be given the same respect, they should be given respect of course, but not the same as older moms. its just a weird thing to me, you just have to know me to understand what i'm saying.

personally just cuz of my 1st cousins mistakes about getting a girl pregnent when he was 17, and now his new girlfriend is also pregnent, he's going to be a father of 2 and he just turned 20. it just pisses me off! you just really have to know me to get what i'm saying. but i'm glad that you're mostly independent, but you just really once again have to know me to understnad why i think this way.
Love always,

Danielle Marie

daloverlyme
Loyal

Post by daloverlyme » Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:22 am

i dont rely on my parents what so ever. ive known about sex alot younger than i was 10 also. Im living with a friend and her parents, i could be in a shelter than a boarding until i get out of school and can work full time but right now im able to stay here, i wasnt planning on getting pregnant so i didnt have time to think about what would happen later on.