Microsoft FrontPage

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.
Dino
Loyal

Microsoft FrontPage

Post by Dino » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:31 pm

I dont really know where to place this so I thought maybe here will do...

Anyone know how to use Microsoft Frontpage? I really want to create a website myself but no one in my family knows how. I tried the free yahoo ones, but I think they're quite ugly and there's few choices for me. Could anyone who knows how to use that program give me a tip on how to start? I know, basically, nothing... thats what I know.

Or, is there something out there thats sort of the same and easier to use? (but not the "fill in the blank" kind of thing)

Thanks in advance! :flowers:
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"

daloverlyme
Loyal

Re: Microsoft FrontPage

Post by daloverlyme » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:36 pm

ive never even heared of that program, if i did i would definitly help ya, did you try a search engine??

*********************THE <span style="color:red"LOVES
OF MY LIFE!!!!!********************

My daughter Kate was born June 16th 1997

My son Timmy (Timmers) was born Aug 1st 2004

I had my daughter Aiyana Moon Love on July 1st 2005.

AshLynn was born Jan. 28th 2007.

I Married to Chandler William. Friday March 20th 2004

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:31 pm

Frontpage will be a hundred times more useful and easier to use if you know HTML. I recommend http://www.webmonkey.com, click on Beginner. If you want to make a webpage, that's the place to start. Frontpage and other WYSIWYG editors are a lot more helpful if you know what they're doing.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Dino
Loyal

Post by Dino » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:08 am

Thanks ppl!

I'll try some beginner things first then...

a question... What is HTML?
"Nothing happened to a man that he is not formed by nature to bear"

four
Veteran

Post by four » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:41 am

Hypertext MarkUp Language. The thing that your websites are made up of. It is a code that your web browser interprets and turns into a website.
NAAM

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:42 am

http://www.webmonkey.com

HTML, or hypertext markup language, is the code that tells your browser what to display and where. It's the code behind every webpage. Don't worry though, it's not complex at all.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

four
Veteran

Post by four » Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:03 am

That isn't complexity...what about binary and hex?
NAAM

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:06 am

Even Javascript's not all that bad. Beyond my current grasp, but if I were motivated I'd pick it up. C++, Perl, that's where you get into some rough territory.

Oh, how I long to be a geek. Computer programming is just about the only thing I need to fully qualify me... I already am a geek by many standards. I own the three core rulebooks of D&D, I stay up to early hours of the morning online with caffiene highs on weekends, I play Magic, I program my calculator, I can do HTML and CSS and some very basic MUSH code, I am on Usenet for crying out loud, I do well in school, I've been online long enough to have a firm grasp on my own personal web design standards, I can type 55 words a minute spelling things correctly and fixing typos, I can read and type l337 but generally refuse to do so on general principal, and All your base are belong to us will never die. I am so taking computer programming next year, I want to run with the best of them. :geek: Shh, don't tell anyone, in real life people are generally unaware of my technological ability. </rant

I already am buying the Chix0r shirt from ThinkGeek.com. I justify this because I speak l337 and some dude online told me I should get it so I can't be all that technologically inept.

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:09 am

Binary in general is a very easy concept. Programming with it, I have no idea. Same with hex.

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:11 pm

Did I mention I had an iced mocha and an espresso in my system at the time of posting? :teehee: