Sex Ed

Got questions about sex, relationships, or something related? Ask them here!

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Gothica
Loyal

Sex Ed

Post by Gothica » Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:14 am

and does it concerntrate more on biology than the emotions of teenagers?

Gothica
Loyal

Re: Sex Ed

Post by Gothica » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:01 pm

Yeah I live in britain aswell, we get guest speakers in, but tyhey concerntrate more on biology than emotion

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:09 pm

When I had sex ed, it was biology all the way... it wasn't about safe sex it was about having NO SEX... they didn't even show us a condom till 8th grade (and sex ed started in 5th) and it was the last classroom day and well the condom broke too... I donno it didn't teach me anything... I know what i know from this site... and thats all :( its kinda sad....
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]

LonelyChica
Loyal

Post by LonelyChica » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:49 pm

over here in Alabama its actually pretty good. its not really good enough, but i mean they haven't even showed the girls condoms and i'm in 10th grade. but we have guest speakers and the lady that spoke to us about sexual harassment/rape was more speaking on emotion wise when she spoke of sex. all the people that has been teaching us and stuff, isn't really saying don't have sex, they're more saying just wait till you're ready or if you really think you and your partner don't have ne STDs, and that you feel ready. i don't know, i guess sex ed over here is pretty good
Love always,

Danielle Marie

Dave875d
Loyal

Post by Dave875d » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:29 pm

I completely agree... also some parents don't have "the talk" with their kids. I am 16 and have never recieved such a conversation. I only know what I do from friends, here, and sex ed. Mostly from friends and here.... sex ed sucks though. In MN they teach the biology and more than you would ever care to know about STD's and protections methods and how to use them... they just never teach us how to deal with our emotions or how to cope with feeling left out of the sex crowd. It is such a shame how little we know about something that we so desire.
"It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."

James Thurber

"Little things affect little minds."

Disraeli, The Two Nations [1845]

"Those who are willing to trade their liberty for security deserve neither."

--Benjamin Franklin

Kristina
Veteran

Post by Kristina » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:36 pm

sex ed is the biggest bullshit
There's always someone cooler than you

iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn » Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:30 pm

omg i went through sex ed class like 9 times! i hate that crap my mom said i know more about sex now than any other adults do! i think their teachin it wayyyyyyy to much! lol one to many y's but yea n e ways sex ed can teach alot but it can also get annoyin
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt » Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:01 pm

dude people..the sex ed program here in Illinois is pretty good..i learned just about everything there is to know about sex..safe sex..abstinence..stds...tc..

heatherleigh13
Loyal

Post by heatherleigh13 » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:05 pm

Our Sex Ed sucks! They only tell you stuff that is common sense.
?~?Heather?~?

anticon.
Loyal

Post by anticon. » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:11 pm

If kids are going to do it, kids are going to do it. I've had those classes every year since grade 7, and it didn't change my opinions on sex. It never really educated me or even made me hesitate doing it. Really, most people don't learn by being taught. They learn from experience.
"Life's not a bitch, life's a beautiful woman. Your only call her a bitch because she won't let you get that pussy. Maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an asshole who couldn't sweet talk the princess." - Aesop Rock

skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:35 pm

sex ed focuses completely on the biological side of things. I'm sick of hearing about the biological side of EVERYTHING. Everyone knows what SEX is. Everyone knows how it works. Everyone knows about STDs!!!!!!! i wish they'd tell us something we want to know and haven't heard 100000 times before.
I wish I were a spy.

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:38 am

When I had SexEd, the idea was to scare us shitless so much so we wouldn't think about sex. :rolleyes:
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.

Abbi
Veteran

Post by Abbi » Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:00 pm

i dont think its good enuff cuz they tell us all the scientific stuff not the reality stuff..i dunno how 2 explain it but ya know what i mean...?
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair...

Bleeding~Hero
Loyal

Post by Bleeding~Hero » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:21 pm

Sex ed at our school doesnt cover shit! i know people who have killed them selves because they didnt know about basic information. This kid killed him self while he was going through that curiosity stage, u know when u begin to question your sexuality. He was a total gay hater, and when he began to suspect he was gay, he couldn't handle it, and swallowed a bunch of pills. If he would have know about that info, he might still be alive, as much as i hated him any way, as he was homophobic.