elvish

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

CuteLilChk
Loyal

elvish

Post by CuteLilChk » Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:56 pm

does anyone know how to speak and write elvish? like, not the "lord of the rings" elvish, but real elvish? if so, pleeeeease pm me.

Chelsea
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young

raine
Loyal

Re: elvish

Post by raine » Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:32 pm

I might be able to help you....what do you need to know? ^_^
What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary.

~Stephen Hawking.

Estuans interius, ira vehementi, Sephiroth!

Donnie Darko.

CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:54 pm

Originally posted by raine@Dec 31 2002, 06:32 PM

I might be able to help you....what do you need to know? ^_^

I want to learn it. It's a different kind of elvish than they have in lord of the rings... this one doesn't use the english alphabet either.
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Billie Young

Gandalf
Loyal

Post by Gandalf » Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:57 am

I don't know whether there is a real elvish language! You can learn the Lord Of The Rings elvish on several websites, but most websites are mainly a collection of words and not sentences in my experience. There are also a few problems with learning the language. Some words are missing, and it has taken experts many years to work out what all of the words mean, they wtill aren't there yet. Some people can find as many as 21 languages in lord of the rings, some as little as 16 (still loads) so its difficult to work out which languages are which. :)
"The happiest people are those that are too busy to realise whether they are or not."

Enlightenment is the one and only answer to happiness

It will take a lifetime to realise who you are, just trying to be yourself is a much more obtainable goal

Read And Follow The Support Group Rules

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:42 pm

I want to learn dwarvish. Because, dwarves just rockyourmom and elves are stuck up, arrogant pansyboys. That's right, you heard me. BRING IT, LEGOLAS!

*cough* I'm okay, really. Just give me a moment. :P
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

She
Veteran

Post by She » Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:42 pm

That would be AWESOME to learn... you could seriously scare people in public. Buahaha.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk » Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:49 pm

Originally posted by Gandalf@Jan 11 2003, 11:57 AM

I don't know whether there is a real elvish language! You can learn the Lord Of The Rings elvish on several websites, but most websites are mainly a collection of words and not sentences in my experience. There are also a few problems with learning the language. Some words are missing, and it has taken experts many years to work out what all of the words mean, they wtill aren't there yet. Some people can find as many as 21 languages in lord of the rings, some as little as 16 (still loads) so its difficult to work out which languages are which. :)

There is... one of my friends knows it.

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Billie Young

raine
Loyal

Post by raine » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:36 pm

Originally posted by She@Jan 12 2003, 11:42 PM

BRING IT, LEGOLAS!

I hiss at you! Witness my hissing! <_<

Legolas may be a pansy boy, but he was surely neccessary. Without him no doubt they all would've died off pretty quickly, then there would be NO sexiness. Every character is essential, even the pretty one! :"
What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary.

~Stephen Hawking.

Donnie Darko.

raine
Loyal

Post by raine » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:38 pm

Originally posted by Gandalf@Jan 11 2003, 07:57 AM

Let's resurrect Tolkien and find out what he meant then. ;)

~Stephen Hawking.

Donnie Darko.

She
Veteran

Post by She » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:46 pm

Originally posted by raine+Jan 15 2003, 01:36 AM--<div class='quotetop'QUOTE(raine @ Jan 15 2003, 01:36 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-She@Jan 12 2003, 11:42 PM

BRING IT, LEGOLAS!

Legolas may be a pansy boy, but he was surely neccessary. Without him no doubt they all would've died off pretty quickly, then there would be NO sexiness. Every character is essential, even the pretty one! :" [/b]

Aragorn could've done it single handedly. Aragorn is the DEFINITION of sexiness.

raine
Loyal

Post by raine » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:58 pm

Originally posted by She+Jan 15 2003, 05:46 PM--<div class='quotetop'QUOTE(She @ Jan 15 2003, 05:46 PM)
Originally posted by raine@Jan 15 2003, 01:36 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-She
@Jan 12 2003, 11:42 PM

[b] BRING IT, LEGOLAS!

Legolas may be a pansy boy, but he was surely neccessary. Without him no doubt they all would've died off pretty quickly, then there would be NO sexiness. Every character is essential, even the pretty one! :" [/b]

Aragorn could've done it single handedly. Aragorn is the DEFINITION of sexiness. [/b]

Aragorn pales in comparison to Legolas' sexiness! And, more skilled to boot. So.......booya? :blink:

Have at you! The black knight always wins! ^_^

~Stephen Hawking.

Donnie Darko.