Being "just Friends"

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

*Miss*Priss*
Loyal

Being "just Friends"

Post by *Miss*Priss* »

ok my boyfriend of 3 months & i just broke up last night. he broke up w/ me & said that he just had too much going on right now & he was really stressed out & he didnt think that he could deal w/ a realtionship right now, when school started back we would never get to see each other bc of our busy schedules. i was willing to try to make it work & make time to see each other but thats not what he wanted. he sadi that he couldnt hurt me anymore, by not being able to spend alot of time w/ me & stuff. idk i dont really get it but ...we broke up... & i honestly am devastated, i know i sound like one of those poor little drama queens thats like ohhh my gosh my boyfriend broke up w/ me & i swore to my self that i would never be one of those girls, but i think that you just really cant even say that until ur in the situation & now that im here it sucks terribly... but im used to seeing him like everyday-everyother day (i know i think that thats one thing that tore us apart) but now idk that i can completely be cut off from him. this is my 1st serious realtionship & im not sure how that whole thing goes as just being friends....i know that i still have feelings for him but is anyone friends w/ thier ex's???? if so how did it go & is it better to try & put those feelings aside & keep the friendship??, or does it only make things harder on you?? should i try & be friends w/ him or just not even bother?? (& i know that there will be other guys & better things, more fish in the sea & all that so ya know thats not what i really wanna hear)

jw thanks. any help would be greatly appreciated...i know its long but please....
*As we grow up we learn that even the person who wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken- probably more than once & it wont be any easier the second time. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for something your old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast & you'll eventually lose someone you love. It's life...so live it to the fullest...fall in love, get hurt,take chances,& have no regrets!* Danielle*
*Miss*Priss*
Loyal

Re: Being "just Friends"

Post by *Miss*Priss* »

sorry i would have added this in but i couldnt figure out how to edit

not to mention that this guy was my first EVERYTHING...my first kiss that meant anything to me, ive kissed like 3 other guys but they werent special, hes the 1st guy that i messed around w/, had a serious realtionship w/ , & gave my virginity too..... & i think that thats the thing that is killing me, to know that i trusted him with all my heart, i put my self out there & i was vulnerable & he took advantage of it...yeah i did want to do the things i did at the time, but bc of the things he told me..."i love you with all my heat" "i never want to leave you" "i wanna be w/ you for forever" & i believed him, he tells me that he meant everything that he said & he still does...but i just dont understand it, if he does still love me & care about me more than anything then why did he break up w/ me???...i think im just still venting gosh im sorry
*As we grow up we learn that even the person who wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken- probably more than once & it wont be any easier the second time. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for something your old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast & you'll eventually lose someone you love. It's life...so live it to the fullest...fall in love, get hurt,take chances,& have no regrets!* Danielle*
Stuck911
Loyal

Post by Stuck911 »

maybe it's just the roght time for him. you should try to think of other things. hang out with your friends more, things will get better
DON'T HIT KIDS..... No seriously...... They have guns now

I'm ashamed at what I did for a Klondac bar.......

I want a realtionship I can finally sink my teeth into
open_your_eyes
Loyal

Post by open_your_eyes »

hey,

my (ex) boyfriend and i also just broke up about a month ago, we were going out for almost 2 years.. and i also was hanging out with him everyday or every other day. Basically, the best advice I can give you is to just cut him out for now. Don't call him, don't pick up on him.. nothing. My ex-boyfriend is also going through a lot of shit right now in his life.. and on top of that i'm going away to college which he can't deal with, and while it really hurt the first couple of weeks.. i feel okay again.. and you will too. Hang out with people who love you and care about you like family and friends.. do something exciting.. start something new.

I'm sure this guy does care about you and maybe he really did feel like he wanted to be with you forever.. and if this is all true.. then who knows what's in store for you later on. Right now, you guys are both young, maybe he's not emotionally stable to handle a girlfriend right now because of all the other things going on in his life. So move on.. and after the hurt goes away and you don't feel the need to keep checking your phone to see if he called.. you'll see that even if it's not him you end up with, you'll end up with someone even better, someone worthy of all you have to offer. I'm not trying to tell you to forget about him.. and I'm def. not trying to say that there are plenty of fish in the sea. But you can't be friends overnight.. and you have to let yourself get over him before you can think about being his friend. If you don't want the pain to get any deeper.. cut him off for awhile.

-Michelle