The Draft, Americans

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Cindy
Veteran

The Draft, Americans

Post by Cindy » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:08 pm

The draft is a very big possability since America is going to this crazy war aginst Iraq. I was just watching the new and they had 5 new york WELTHY teens on it and they were saying about how they totaly agree with the draft and such (You could tell they picked the one sided folks). Here where I live, if the draft was inacted, i would lose like 90% of my city.

so what i'm asking you is do you agree that the draft should be inacted? why/why not. and have you even thought about it?
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]

She
Veteran

Re: The Draft, Americans

Post by She » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:35 pm

I have, and it's total bull crap.

Manditory military training for Americans ages 18-22. And would you like to hear why?

Because there are too many blacks and latinos dying on the front line. If we're going to kill people, everyone should have equal oppertunities to get shot. What the fuck, you ask? I'm quite inclined to agree.

http://www.why-war.com/cgi-bin/read.cgi?id=2680

I am SO moving to England.. wait, no, Blair's just kissing Bush's ass.

...I am SO moving to Australia. Or Canada. God damn it, I'm starting my OWN country.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Cindy
Veteran

Post by Cindy » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:36 pm

Originally posted by She@Jan 19 2003, 11:35 AM

I have, and it's total bull crap.

Manditory military training for Americans ages 18-22. And would you like to hear why?

Because there are too many blacks and latinos dying on the front line. If we're going to kill people, everyone should have equal oppertunities to get shot. What the fuck, you ask? I'm quite inclined to agree.

http://www.why-war.com/cgi-bin/read.cgi?id=2680

I am SO moving to England.. wait, no, Blair's just kissing Bush's ass.

...I am SO moving to Australia. Or Canada. God damn it, I'm starting my OWN country.

Yeah.. can i join your country?

My fianc? might have to go to war if that fucking drafts inacted. Thoses minority signed up to me in the army no one forced them to! why in the hell should we all have to go to war if they signed up for it???
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->The Support Group Rules Read them, live by them, and worship them

<strong class='bbc'>"Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood." -Marie Curie[/b]

nj100688
Veteran

Post by nj100688 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 2:52 pm

The only way i'd ever agree to a draft is if the U.S. was in real danger like in WW2 and if women also were drafted. I don't think its fair that women wouldn't be drafted. They say they want to be equal with men but why don't u hear any women saying that the draft should also include them. I'm not sexist or anything like that but i think if they did reinstate the draft they should also draft women. I know there are some women that wouldn't do well in combat but there are also some men that wouldn't.
its better to have people think you're stupid then open your mouth and prove it

If you're going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

people often over look that a one in a million chances is still a chance

partykid12
Veteran

Post by partykid12 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:30 am

All the drugs that I have done, I don't think they would let/want me to fight for them lol. I would just say that I have an imaginary friend, that would probably have them thinking im not all up there :) .
I used to get high on life until I realized it was cut with morons..

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:54 am

wow im sure glad i live in canada *smiles*
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:11 pm

I don't believe the draft will ever again be called upon. Vietnam was a disaster because of the draft. We have enough reserves, we have enough active military forces.
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.

Mail Order
Veteran

Post by Mail Order » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:11 pm

:'( I can't disagree MORE with the DRAFT!! All of my friends would hafta leave!
ATTENTION: Due to finanical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

"They turn the lights down low,

In shadows hiding from the world,

Only coming out when it gets cold.

The seas part when they hit the floor,

The voices carry on and out the door

And everything you touch turns into gold

Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,

Your eyes they penetrate me,

(Never cease to amaze me)

That's when I got up and left" Like The Angel - Rise Against

iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:49 pm

i hate war!! my friend jeff got stationed in germany :'( my friend mike has to go to iraq :'( :'( :'( and now my friend doug is leaving to iceland or something i HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid messed up ppl and wars damnit :'( sorry just had to get that off my mind
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Dots
Loyal

Post by Dots » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:55 pm

An institution of the draft would be silly...

...but if it was, everyone would just register for conscience objector.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:13 pm

If they do reinstate the draft (assuming war breaks out), they will literally destroy a generation. They'll be taking people ages 18-22 right? They will depopulate the university system! I forget if they do not draft you if you are a student or not. The best advice I have gotten is that if I am faced with the draft, I should report to the nearest Army recruiters office and enlist myself, because then I will at least have a chance to use the skills that I have. For example, I am fluent in German, and working on French, so I would be much more useful in a translator position, as opposed to on the front lines. I think I would have to object to the draft in general though. There are too few people who would want to be drafted. It's idiotic to draft people who don't want to go. I wonder what will happen if say they reinstate the draft in October of this year. I will be abroad. What would I do if I were drafted? I agree with whoever said that women should be drafted though. There are plenty of non-com positions that would need to be filled if the women didn't want to be in combat.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

Skye
Veteran

Post by Skye » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:05 am

HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:36 am

Precisely, we have so many willing active forces and reserves, there's no need or sense for the draft. Why send innocent unwilling men to die when innocent willing men are already available? My "b/f" would be in the draft. Damnit. A lot of guys I know and love would. And none of them are for war. I know that I'm against it as well. But this about the draft, not the war, and I'm definitely against the draft. It won't happen, so no worries.
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:33 am

I know that the draft wouldn't work, but sorry, I know it sounds like I think the draft will be reinstated... we were just discussing the draft during WWI in my History class, so I was thinking in past mode :)

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.