"choosing Virginity"

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

Jake
Loyal

"choosing Virginity"

Post by Jake » Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:07 am

Source - MSNBC

There?s a sexual revolution going on in America, and believe it or not, it has nothing to do with Christina Aguilera?s bare-it-all video ?Dirrty.? The uprising is taking place in the real world, not on ?The Real World.?

Read for more details.

Personally, I say: ROCK ON VIRGENS!
-Jacob Wilson

Skye
Veteran

Re: "choosing Virginity"

Post by Skye » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:18 pm

Here in Arizona, they scare the living shit out of you in these abstinence programs...They show this chick with genital warts being burned off....YUCK! Thats why it works in Arizona. :rolleyes:

What sort of stuff do they show where you live to encourage abstinence?
HelpingTeens.org:

I can't think of a better use of server resources...I really can't.

Gothica
Loyal

Post by Gothica » Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:49 am

we don't get stuff like that in the UK we have the worst sex ed ever, and thats why we have a high teen pregnancy rate. Thats also why the NHS is getting less money, all the benifits are going to teenage mums................................. I have nothing against tennage mums by the way, it was just a random thaught knocking around in my head.

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig » Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:09 am

Hi Jacob!! :)

I hope you're OK!!

I enoyed reading the article. Thanks for linking us to it.

I've talked to hundreds of people in my life. MOST of them have told me that IF they could do it all over again - they'd WAIT until they were ready for 'it'. Far too many people have sex before they even know what their doing. The risks involved with sex are tremendous. Not only are there physical risks [such as sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy] but there are also emotional risks. [and the list of what CAN happen to you emotionally is almost endless - because we all react in our own special way] I haven't been with anyone for almost 6 years now. The last time I WAS with someone - they gave me an STD. It scared me to death. Even though I was 33 when it happened - I was so stupid when it came to STD's. I knew practically nothing about them. Suddenly I was forced to realize that even oral sex [which is what my friend and I did] could end my life. It turned out to be an easy STD to cure - but what if it wasn't?? I decided that I had no right to have sex until I knew more about it. [and there's a lot more to know than just how to move your mouth and hips!!] I'm sure I'll be with someone - again - someday - but to be honest - I'm in no rush. I can 'entertain' myself - if you know what I mean. AND.. besides - the next person is going to have to be someone special. [not that I've been with many people - and NEVER with someone I didn't know]

The word 'virgin' is NOT a 4-letter word. [and neither is the word 'abstinence'] Deciding to take responsibility for what YOU do with YOUR body is a sign of a very healthy self-esteem. Saying 'NO' is like saying "I have self-respect". Now.. don't get me wrong - saying YES can ALSO be a sign of self-respect - but ONLY if WHEN you say 'yes' - you know what you're saying 'yes' too. [and are not saying yes because you feel you have to]

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)