Homosexuals

This forum is for Lesbians, Gays, Bi-sexuals, Transgenders or members that are questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity. This forum is a safe haven and is open to all members, straight or otherwise, who are curious about sexuality.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Homosexuals

Post by CanadaCraig » Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:02 am

Hi Everyone!! :)

I love polls. In fact - I've created many of my own over the years. However... the lastest TeenHelp poll bothers me. The poll asks, "How do you feel about homosexuals?" Isn't that like asking, "How do you feel about white people or black people or people who are over 6' tall or who have red hair or are 'left-handed', etc.?? I'm gay and there are LOTS of gay people I don't like. In fact - I think some gay people are horrible. It is - therefore - impossible for ME to say [in response to that poll] that 'I like gay people' - because - I don't. [at least not all of 'them'] That said... I also know a lot of straight people and [believe you me] a lot of 'them' are also very unlikeable.

Every person should be judged solely on his or her charactor. [who they ARE as a person] Whether or not someone is gay or straight or white or black has nothing to do with WHO a person IS. In fact - to 'pre-judge' someone based solely on any one defining aspect of who they are [such as their race or sexual orientation] is the very definition of being 'prejudice'.

IF it is important to YOU to have the 'right' to judge people - then at least play fair. Get to know the person you want to judge and never rely on what other people might be saying. It's always dangerous to assume anything about anyone. People are NOT always what we THINK they are.

Also... keep this in mind. You can STILL like someone who is doing something [or who IS something] that you are not comfortable with. For instance - a person who thinks that being 'gay' is 'wrong' can STILL like someone who is gay. If you limit yourself to only liking people who are exactly like YOU - you are going to be a very lonely person.

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)

Theebee
Loyal

Re: Homosexuals

Post by Theebee » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:13 pm

they should change the poll to:

How do you feel about homosexuality?

what about, "How do you feel about heterosexuality?" i don't mean to put you down, TicTaks - you made a good point! But --> Neither of those things should be a concern for anybody, there are bigger problems in the world than two people loving each other, regardless of gender.

i don't see why it should be a concern for anyone who another person loves. i don't care who anybody chooses to be with, love is love and people should get that through their thick skulls.... sorry to rant! i don't mean to be rude, it just gets on my nerves that i'm treated differently cuz i'm a dyke.
The Laws of God, the laws of man,

He may keep that will and can;

Not I: let God and man decree

Laws for themselves and not for me;

And if my ways are not as theirs

Let them mind their own affairs.

Their deeds I judge and much condemn

Yet when did I make laws for them?

Please yourselves, say I, and they

Need only look the other way.

But no, they will not; they must still

Wrest their neighbour to their will.

- A.E. Housman

FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:59 pm

Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:28 pm

A) where is the poll?

B) I agree with you completly, The idea of judging a group of people undermines ones own individuality at one point or another, so therfor your statment is absolutly correct.
--nj

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:11 am

N/M I found the poll and i'm utterly outraged! However, I was told to "deal with it." grr....
--nj

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:45 am

"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)