Obes

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

She
Veteran

Obes

Post by She » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:28 pm

Anyone in here attempted or experienced an OBE (out of body experience)? I've always wanted to and tried numerous times. I have a couple crystals I use to help me--usually my sodalite crystal. Never been able to manage though.. le sigh. I've gotten to the point where I feel like I'm hovering a few inches above my body and shivering and I can see light or shapes on the back of my eyelids... but then I get stuck. And I've only gotten that far maybe twice.

Haven't attempted in quite a while to be honest. I got tired of failing and I'm somewhat impatient.

And how about astral projection? Anyone been to the astral plane?

It's strange, most of this stuff isn't stuff you'd expect me to believe in, but I think it's possible.. somehow. I have no explination.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: Obes

Post by Jaegermeister » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:17 pm

She, I would suggest quartz and amethyst if you are attempting an OBE, those are what I use and they work well. They are both enhancers of psychism and mental powers, so they will help you leave the body. I go out of the body all the time, but it's in a different way than going to the astral of OB. I have only rarely been to the astral plane, I don't need it much. But for getting out of your body... I suggest lying on the floor and meditating. Once you have become completely relaxed, just push yourself up... but don't. Ok that was a really crappy explanation. once you get relaxed... feel you energy all over your body... and push your energy out of your body. Piece of advice: Get away from your body quickly it tends to try and suck you back in. Once you are out... take a look around. It may seem very hazy and distant at first. With more practice your vision will get clearer. That's what I do if I want to be out of body in the sense of walking around where I am.

When I normally go out of my body I go to the Lowerworld. It's a bit like the astral, but it isn't exactly the astral plane. I can probably best describe the Lowerworld as a world layered right on top of the normal world, except that things usually appear as manifestations of energy. It's kind of complex. It's the world that shamans go to when they are in thier trances. It is a very fun world. As I said in another post... I love to fly... I fly in the Lowerworld. Rules are different there, although it's just like Earth. If you want to hear more, just let me know and I will answer your questions about Shamanism as best I can.

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:34 pm

I wrote for a band called OBE.... lol... (useless fact of the day).

I've never done what (i think) could be considered having and out-of-body experience, however, my mind has left myself turned around and looked at me (if that made sense). I do that very easily... But I don't think its an OBE.
--nj

raine
Loyal

Post by raine » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:06 pm

Keep practicing. This astral plane is beyond all words I could use to explain it in. But visualization does take awhile to master, if your a beginner.

Astral Projecting is my forte I guess you could say . ^_^
What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary.

~Stephen Hawking.

Estuans interius, ira vehementi, Sephiroth!

Donnie Darko.

She
Veteran

Post by She » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:26 am

I used to think Astral projection would be the coolest thing, but now I think I'd be content to just be able to fly by way of OBEs, y'know? I've always wanted to fly so much. *sigh* Not enough hours in the day. I should start meditating again, working on that.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:52 am

I love divinatation. my "forte."
--nj

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:45 pm

Nah, Fucked, you're not creepy. Well, no more than the rest of us ;) A lot of people do get out consciously, in fact there's several websites and communities online devoted to OBEs and astral projection that offer tutorials and such.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:02 pm

Originally posted by larrythescaryrex@Jan 29 2003, 01:30 PM

lowerworld my ass.

human minds are not compatible with 2nd density vibrations.

Huh?

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:59 pm

i read a book about that kinda stuff once..... its by lois lowry i think. The whole OBE thing fascinates me, and i wish i could do it...but i cant! good luck with it though!
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

She
Veteran

Post by She » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:29 pm

Actually, you can do it as much as anyone else. It might take a little more practice, but anyone can do it.

My friend once told me I had some sort of gift because I visualized a shield of white light protecting me once, and I was like, "It doesn't take a prodegy to hold a rock and pretend they're breathing in light, dear." :P I suppose OBEs are somewhat the same way. It's just standing at that border that's hard for me. Getting OUT. I never know what to do next.