Self Body Piercing

Ahh... The Chit-Chat forum. Please have all chatting here.

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

sexyheather
Veteran

Self Body Piercing

Post by sexyheather » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:44 pm

anyone do it? just curious cuz i wanna learn about it and possibly do my own belly button but only after i'm VERY educated on it!
The quote that saved my life, "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

CuteLilChk
Loyal

Re: Self Body Piercing

Post by CuteLilChk » Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:50 pm

I pierced my belly button once. It swelled up and I couldnt get the ring in, so I took the needle out.
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young

four
Veteran

Post by four » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:21 pm

With self body peircings there can be problems. If you are using unsteralized equipment especially, you have a higher risk for infections. Also for aesthetic purposes your own eye might not be as good as those of a professional.
NAAM

Ciara
Loyal

Post by Ciara » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:16 pm

i've heard some bad things about self-piercing...if i were you i'd just go get it done...i had my belly-button done 2 years ago, and they get infected enough when a prefessional does it...so i;d say get it done by a prefessional! :)
~*Bring Me to Life*~

sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather » Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:58 pm

well i'd definitely rather get it professionally done, it's just that my mom won't let me! hehe... i'm gonna keep begging her. maybe one of these days she'll cave.

four
Veteran

Post by four » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:35 pm

If she won't let you get it done professionally, she will probably be really pissed if she finds out you did it on your own.
NAAM

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:59 am

i hate piercings...that is why i got mad at my friend when she pierced her own belly button! lol....she took a SAFTEY PIN boiled it, then stabbed it in....she took it out after two days cause it was gettin really infected!

she got it done professionally this year :)

DONT DO IT YOURSELF!!! go to a professional.....
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather » Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:22 pm

o my gosh my mom actually is saying yes! i begged her last night and promised her i wouldnt ask for other piercings or tats if she gave me this one and that really made her go for it cuz belly button isnt as bad as like a giant tatoo or something. woohoo! im gonna get it pierced i think.. hehe

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie » Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:36 am

ah yes let's encourage ppl to stab needles thru their bellybuttons. grrrrrrand idea brought to u by teenhelp. hehe. my mom pierced my dad's ear like 25 years ago ya know. and my friend did most of the holes in her ear. tried her bellybutton a few times but the weenie only got it thru after the like 10th try. i begged my parents since i was 13 to get my bellybutton done, they said yes this summer when i wasn't even asking, then i didn't do it. maybe for my 16th birthday or something, or maybe when i'm feeling skinny this summer before i leave. hehe.
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.

WalmRtJunkie
Loyal

Post by WalmRtJunkie » Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:06 am

I'm glad your mom said yes. It's really important to feel a sense of control over your own body. Please don't pierce your self unless you're professionally trained. I've recently had some bad experiences with self piercing. It's not safe, and you run the risk of infection with all piercings whether they're done professionally or not. So just be careful and fully consider every thing before doing something drastic like that. Good luck!
I forgot to pay the electricity bill on my mind... therefore, my thoughts are dark.

Image,

Krystena

sexyheather
Veteran

Post by sexyheather » Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:13 pm

haha i hear ya dreampixie. u kno ive been beggin my mom for a while and now that she said yes it's not quite as appealing anymore LOL...

CuteLilChk
Loyal

Post by CuteLilChk » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:02 pm

If you are going to do a self-piercing, get a piercing kit/needle. If you use regular needles or safety pins, they are made out of tiny threads of metal, and if they splinter out under your skin, it can cause a lot of problems.
That's me in my avatar, wasn't I soooo cute!? (I still am, but... not AS cute, hehe, j/k :) )

I love you Langley!!!

R.I.P. Ian Guzik- Oct. 5, 2002

R.I.P. Billie Young

Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:46 pm

dude people..i have 0 peircings..not even my ears done..i used to have my ears but then they got to infected and they closed up..but i really badly want my eyebrow done..killer badly..i wouldn't want my bellybutton done or my tongue..just my eyebrow and my lip..but the eyebrow the most..and i wana get my ears re-peirced like 5 times on one ear and 3 on the other..that would be cool..my friend peirced her own lip and there is nothin wrong with it..it looks like it was profesionly done..and then another one of my friends tried to do this one dudes labrait..but she did it to far down and it got all messed up..but it was funny..

Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt » Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:05 am

omg..i love your eyebrow peircing..i love eyebrow peircings the best..they are so gorgeous on anybody