Friendship Or Ping?

Have a major crush on that special girl but she doesn't like you in the least? Are you in love with a guy who doesn't even notice you? Whatever it might be, ask here. We'll give you some advice.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

*mel*
Loyal

Friendship Or Ping?

Post by *mel* » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:04 pm

Ok, here's the scoop. A guy likes me, and he's cool and all. But I only like him as a friend. That's it. So, I was wondering, what should I go by? A good friendship, or a guy who makes my heart skip a beat when I see him?

Ya know what I mean? Go for the guy who makes my knees quiver or the friendship? Plz...help!!

She
Veteran

Re: Friendship Or Ping?

Post by She » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:12 pm

Hmmm... well, dating a guy just because he likes you is (almost) never a good idea, when you don't feel the same way. So I'd go for the other guy... of course, talk it over with your friend first, he might be upset about it. Does he know you don't like him like that?
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

motoman
Loyal

Post by motoman » Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:02 am

don't do this to the poor guy, i've had it done to me and let me tell ya... its VERY painful when you find out your relationship was built souly on pitty :(

*mel*
Loyal

Post by *mel* » Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:53 pm

well, he knows that I only like him as a friend. But, I mean, my feelings might change for him if I go out with him. I wouldn't be going out with him just out of pity. So what do you think?

She
Veteran

Post by She » Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:45 pm

My friend does something she calls a 'trial period' before committing to anything where they talk, hang out, cuddle, whatever, for a week or two noncommitially before they make it official. You might wanna try it with your guyfriend, and if it doesn't work, no hard feelings? I don't know, if you're willing to give it a shot and he knows it might not work out, then I'd say go for it. You might stumble onto something like that.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8