Why...do You Believe In God?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Re: Why...do You Believe In God?

Post by Jaegermeister » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:25 am

Thank you Daddy..................................... we already knew all that.

Sorry, I'm still in a sarcastic bitchy mood because I woke up again this morning and my frickin cold still hasn't gone away! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Anyways, to the point. We all realize what you have said up above Desuoh. I can't speak for all of us... but we mostly just argue for the debate. We realize we are never going to convert people and don't try. We just enjoy arguing. :lol:

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

xxwhereisfredxx
Veteran

Post by xxwhereisfredxx » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:47 am

I did not intend for this post to be a debate....but i guess anything posted in religion will eventually turn into one...... <_< oh well, if anyone else still has reasons why they BELIEVE in God, please share!
When I hear somebody sigh that Life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, Compared to what?

If we did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.

You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?

It is a hard matter, my fellow citizens, to argue with the belly, since it has no ears.

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:11 pm

More or less I believe in God because I see no reason to not believe in God. That and I feel energy from everything around me and I believe that is God's essense in nature.

TJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

She
Veteran

Post by She » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:46 pm

A mutation is a change in the actual DNA structure of a single specific organism, and doesn't happen over generations--it happens in your body sometimes, actually, but enzymes are there to correct that. I don't know where the English/Chinese thing originated, but my argument against that is: when you're rearranging A, T, C, and G, all the resulting organisms' DNA are still made up of all A, T, C, and G. All organisms are, as a matter of fact. We all have the same DNA structure, and that only furthers the point of the evolution argument. When you rearrange (say) a fly and make it into a mouse, you're still dealing with the same language, it's just presented differently. If that made ANY sense at all..
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8