I'm New Here!!!

Are you new to HelpingTeens.org? Feel free to stop in here and introduce yourself! Have a question that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else? Post it here.

I'm New Here!!!

Post by Avatarkorra »

Hi there, everyone. Nice to meet you all. I just joined this site tonight after a lot of thought. My life is a tailspin right now, but this could be a step in the direction I need to go. Here is how my day has been going.
I am a college student. For several weeks now I have been going through some situations that have made me feel isolated and alone. It has been the cause of me keeping secrets from people I care about. I needed someone to talk to, and I turned to my surgery teacher Dr Eller. When I first started talking to her, I was not very open at first. She was concerned about me. She came up with the idea of us having weekly meetings just to discuss anything I need to talk about. I did not know how to trust, but after a few weeks I started saying more about my personal life. Very personal. I don't think Dr Eller knew what she was signing on for when she gave me this offer. Some of the things I say are a bit...well, racey. I am always stuck on a fine line if what I should say and what I shouldn't. I don't want to put her in a situation where she feels like she has to do something. I have already overstepped my bounds as a student a bit. Personally I don't see a problem with it, but it has occurred to me I need to talk to other people too before I end up getting us both in trouble. I want to believe my attachment to someone that wants to help isn't wrong. Sometimes when my world is crashing down I don't know what else to do. If you were in my shoes, would you do the same thing? Is my trust well placed? I am wondering after today. :type: