Organizing Catagories And Forums

Got any suggestions that you would like to get to the Administration? Post them here!
sbloemeke
Veteran

Re: Organizing Catagories And Forums

Post by sbloemeke »

IMO: HT needs to transition into its next phase by:

A] Learning and Growing based upon past mistakes.

B] Streamlining site services until a more active memberbase grows.

C] Staffing appropriately (and not based on friendship) and adequately. -- this means more then 2 people per forum.

[/b]

1. That is what I am trying to do. Most dont see it that way but it is.

2. I believe Adam has cut out at least 1 service.

3. There is a new Moding structure coming soon that will solve this problem. It is quite extensive but I have seen it work successfully and so i hope that it will work here as well.

[/b][/quote]

Yep. Unforunately, that was Helpnet. :( Oh well. Still curious as to what will happen...
candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela »

"I like this order and the name titles... except I don't like where self-expression is. I think that should belong under The Lounge. "

I put Self Exprssion under Body Mind and Soul because for me when i write poetry or music more than anything else its me pouring out my sould and thoughts. I just thought it fit there. Maybe thats just me though.
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

"I like this order and the name titles... except I don't like where self-expression is. I think that should belong under The Lounge. "

I put Self Exprssion under Body Mind and Soul because for me when i write poetry or music more than anything else its me pouring out my sould and thoughts. I just thought it fit there. Maybe thats just me though. [/b]
No I would agree with that.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

These are all very good suggestions. By August 1st we need to have the forums layout workout.
Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake »

I put Self Exprssion under Body Mind and Soul because for me when i write poetry or music more than anything else its me pouring out my sould and thoughts. I just thought it fit there. Maybe thats just me though.

[/b]

While that is very true, all of the categories besides The Lounge are for recieving advice and giving it. Having a forum which is dedicated towards expression in that area just seems to be out of place. That may just be me though.

I like the idea of changing "Sex, Sex, Sex" to just "Sex Talk." Easier and more concise. Could seem more personal that way.

[/b]

I really agree with this. Sex, Sex, Sex and Sexuality used to be one forum ("Sex and Sexuality"). When they were split into two due to their contrasting issues, somone jokingly suggested "Sex, Sex, Sex" to differentiate the forum purpose and it stayed. I guess we all forgot that it was a joke but I really don't think it's appropriate anymore.

The sad part is, I think I remember me being the one who suggested it. :shifty:
-Jacob Wilson
OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive »

I also like the idea of changing sex sex sex to Sex Talk
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.
Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob »

• Body, Mind & Soul
  • Self-Harm
  • Depression
  • <strikeSelf-Expression</strike
  • Philosophy & Spirituality

Sex and Relationships
  • Sex Talk
  • Teen Pregnancy
  • Sexuality and You
  • Relationships
  • Family & Friends

Teen Issues
  • Rape & Abuse
  • Suicide
  • Grieving
  • School Issues

Health Issues
  • General Health
  • Disorders
  • Self Views and Unfair Days
  • Drugs & Alcohol

The Lounge
  • Chit-Chat
  • Introductions
  • Entertainment
  • Self-Expression
  • News
  • Electronics & Computer Questions
This balances the sections a lil better, i think family and driends should go into sex and relationships becasue it is based on relationships. Also i moved Self View and Unfair Days to General Health because low self esteem can cuase alot of health problems like achs and pain, stomache ulcers and the like. I Moved self expression to Body Mind and Soul because art is a part of your sould really. I moved depression to body mind and soul as well because it affect all three, there are aches and pain, a lack of spirituality well you feel that bad and it truly plagues your mind. Just my thoughts i also think sex sex sex should be changed to Sex Talk.

[/b]
I like this order and the name titles... except I don't like where self-expression is. I think that should belong under The Lounge.

[/b][/quote]

I completely agree with teary thingy. In that self expression should remain in the lounge. Besides that I made one or two tiny changes, and moved teen issues down a bit. But in all, this is a great layout (or whatever you would like to call it) in my opinion.

Also, Social Fascinations is the weirdest name I have ever come across for a forum. What was wrong with Entertainment? It covers going out, music, tv, games, pretty much everything.

Fashion talk can go under chit chat. We really don't need different forums for -every- possible subject. We're trying to cut back here, remember?

Religion talk is basically a combination of both philosophies and spirituality (heck, spirituality and religion are synonyms, literally) -- so hence the name change.

Oh and yea, I'm not a fan of slashes '/', hence I replaced them with &'s. When I see '/' I read 'or' (programming mind), whereas '&' is 'and' -- which makes more sense to me, since that forum covers both subject A and subject B. That's just putting the dot on the i for me though ^^'

Also.. I think someone mentioned this earlier.. but in my opinion there might be room for a "News" forum in the Lounge. It never hurts to stay in touch with current events and what not. Mind you though, this forum should -only- have room for news. And that being real news, not stuff about whatever celebrity just got their hair done or whatever. I'm talking wars, political events, nature disasters, things that affect people on a large scale.
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

Also.. I think someone mentioned this earlier.. but in my opinion there might be room for a "News" forum in the Lounge. It never hurts to stay in touch with current events and what not. Mind you though, this forum should -only- have room for news. And that being real news, not stuff about whatever celebrity just got their hair done or whatever. I'm talking wars, political events, nature disasters, things that affect people on a large scale.

[/b]

Well hell. Everyone waas for removing the chit chat subforums, where the news forum was. Now everyone is wanting the news forum back. :wacko:

Once we have things orgabized and the mods are in place tehn we can look at that.
Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil »

Guys and Gals, we need to have this figured out by August first, so lets put our thinking caps on and remeber cooperation..........
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

Guys,

Below is a forum layout created by, all of you.

I simply read through the whole topic while creating the new layout and tried to use all of your suggestions to create a layout that you guys will enjoy.

Please look it over. :)

And remember, that no matter what there may be a few areas not everyone agrees on.

Teen Issues

* Rape & Abuse

* Suicide

* Grieving

* School Issues

Sex and Relationships

* Relationships

* Sex Talk

* Teen Pregnancy

* Sexuality and You

* Family & Friends

Health Issues

* General Health

* Disorders

* Depression

* Drugs & Alcohol

Body, Mind & Soul

* Self-Harm

* Self Views and Unfair Days

* Philosophy & Spirituality

The Lounge

* Introductions

* Chit-Chat

* Social Fascinations

* Self-Expression

* News

* Electronics & Computer Questions
[CENTER]Man I wish you just left me alone.... Cause I was almost home.......

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]-:Logan Jacob:-

-:12-01-2007:-

-:6:21 a.m.:-

-:7 pounds 4 ounces:-

The most precious gift my husband has given to me

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister »

Can we maybe move News into the Teen Issues grouping? News is an issue that affects teens.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

Can we maybe move News into the Teen Issues grouping? News is an issue that affects teens.

[/b]
It's possible yes...

Lets see if any one else agrees it should go into Teen Issues, or stay in the lounge area. :)

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears »

I think News should be in The Lounge. It's not an area that can be given advice on, it's just an area teens can get together to talk about a topic.
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

Where diod the news forum come from?
iHEAVENn
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn »

A few of the members have suggested bringing back the news forum, so I simply just added it in the layout.

We could try bringing it back as a trial thing? So how often it gets used, and then decide whether or not to let it go completely?

[/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Leapfrog
Veteran

Post by Leapfrog »

I am quite annoyed really cuz everyone was for removing it before and now thats it gone they want it back.

The news forum needs to wait.