I feel like shit...

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Carnage

I feel like shit...

Post by Carnage »

Well, I just had a convo with my friend over MSN. Over the weekend, he was away at his cottage, and I didn't have a WoW account so I used his. Better to get use out of it than wasted money, right? Here's how the convo went:

Me: hey

him: hey

me: I got BC installed

me: so I used your account for the weekend so you got your money's worth :P

him: you fucking piece of shit

him: never go on my account without my permission

me: :(

him: now are you going to pay for the repairs?

me: repairs?

me: what fucking repairs?

him: watch your fuckin language kid

him: were you on the rogue

me: no

him: good, cause if u were I would've killed u

him: literally killed u

me: nope

So now I feel like I've lost a lifelong friend, my dad does drugs, I can't manage to get a girlfriend after trying my whole life, and my parents are getting divorced. Oh, and I forgot to add this little bit, one of my other lifelong friends:

me: honestly, you could lose a little weight like five pounds

he ignores me for the rest of the day

my other friend: So are you and Andrew friends?

him: not really after he called me fat

me: I didn't call you fat.

him: Yes you did, basically. What is it, your duty to watch my weight?

me: Hell no it isn't.

A few days later, we're playing soccer, I lost control of the ball so I ran full speed to get it before the goalie, and he ran right in front of me and I knocked him down.

him: What the fuck's your problem ya stupid dumbfuck?

me: It's not my fault if you run into me.
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Re: I feel like shit...

Post by Fishhead »

In response to the first conversation, perhaps he was just having a bad day. A game typically isn't something people get that worked up over (or so I hope). Have you tried apologizing to him? Give him a day or two to cool off and see how things go. If he really is a great friend to you he will calm down and realize his mistake in getting so worked up, if he doesn't calm down maybe you should consider reevaluating your friendship.

As for your other friend, weight is a VERY touchy subject for many people. If his weight is something that he is self-conscious about, telling him he could do to lose five pounds probably made him feel anxious and uncomfortable. It isn't your business to watch his weight and I would personally find that remark very offensive if one of my friends said it to me. Weight is just one of those touchy subjects that you should approach with caution if you're going to mention. People are really easily offended by comments that aren't meant to be offensive (like yours). Talk to him and explain that you didn't mean to offend him and that you know his weight is not your business. Like the other guy, if he is a good friend he will probably forgive you for what you said, even though you didn't mean it in a bad way.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things go!

Mods, does this belong in the friends section?

~Danica
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Friend,

I think Fishhead covered the main points accurately.

I just wanted to reinforce the part about telling your friend to loose a few pounds. That will almost always come off bad, no matter your intentions. I know that if my friend told me to loose weight in that manner I would wanna punch him in the face, and I'm not even a violent person.

I'm sure you can reconcile both of your friendships, if you apologize and go about it the right way. let them know that their friendship is important to you, if they feel the same way, then they will likely move on and get over this instance. But in the future, you should attempt to be a little more careful with what you do and say to others. Sometimes words do hurt more than sticks and stones, especially coming from those who we are close to.

-My thoughts

-Fizz

>>>moving this to family friends<<<
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena »

I think the other posters covered the weight issue. What I want to add is, did you ask your friend if you could use his account?

If I was him I'd feel that you'd invaded my privacy. Online accounts can be very private and personal things.

I would give it time and let him get over it, then apologise and say you didn't realise how much it meant to him and that you won't do it again.

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.