More bad news

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

njh88_07
Loyal

More bad news

Post by njh88_07 »

My life is crashing down around me. I mean nothing is going right. When it rains it pours. Ok I just moved out of my parents house and in with my boyfriend and his family. My brother calls me one day out of the blue. I mean for once I can talk to him freely without someone breathing down my neck and it is the best conversation we've ever had until he says " I have to tell you something and I don't want you to worry and I always want you to remember that I love you" He tells me that he has to have a liver transplant he tells me that the doctors say he has a 50/50 chance of living. I seriously don't know how to deal with this. I mean I have just started talking to him for the first time in sixteen years last november. I can't "find" him and lose him in that little amount of time. He's the only biological family I have that either wants something to do with me or is fit to have anything to do with me. And the worst part is we live like two or two and a half hours away from each other with no means of transportation for either of us. So we can't even see each other. I've seen him once since I was two and that was this past may when I was in the hospital psyc ward and he had someone to drive him up he doesn't even have someone to drive him up to see me now. Another bad thing is if he does die I won't get the chance to say goodbye I won't get the chance to tell him how much I truely do love him and another thing is I won't even be able to go to the funeral.
Our attitude towards life determines lifes attitude towards us.

-Earl Nighingale

I may have done some things that are wrong but hey who hasn't? I don't know anyone that is perfect. Do you?

People don't die from suicide they die from sadness.

-ANONYMOUS

That which nourishes me also destroys me.

ANGELINA JOLIE -So true for me. I believe it.
Fishhead
Needs Another Hobby

Re: More bad news

Post by Fishhead »

Could you take a greyhound or have someone in your bf's family take you up for a few days? Also, you seem pretty convinced that he's going to die. Just because he needs a liver transplant doesn't mean he'll die. There are so many people who have gone through that surgery and lived. Try to focus on the fact the 50% that live, not the 50% that don't. Also, is there a support group you could join while you're going through this? Ask your local hospital to see if they know of anything you could join to give you some extra support while you're going through this. In the meantime, communicate with each other as much as possible. Talk on the phone, email, write letters. When I was sick a few years ago getting actual letters from people who cared about me made me feel loved and cared about. Take care and keep us posted on how the situation goes.

~Danica
anonymous08
Loyal

Re: More bad news

Post by anonymous08 »

*hugs*

danica's right, nancy. he doesn't have a definite death sentence - he could really be fine. have you asked lucas or anyone in his family about transportation to see your brother?
You couldn't be suicidal if your life depended on it.

there i go again, pretending that i'll fall

don't call the doctors!

they've seen it all before

they'll say just let her crash and burn

she'll learn

the attention just encourages her.

- Dresden Dolls "Girl Anachronism"