Mother

Are you having trouble with your family or friends? Please talk it out with us.

Moderator: Sex & Relationships Moderators

Huntinfishin97

Mother

Post by Huntinfishin97 »

How do you deal with a mother who doesn't understand that you're trying your hardest at everything you do? My mother isn't proud of me. She ignores me when I try to tell her something. I go through a hard time everyday and I try to talk to her but her phone or tv shows are more important. She yells at me all the time. Sometimes it's to the point I can't take it anymore and I break down. Her response is to stop crying just because she yelled at me.
Bell126005

Re: Mother

Post by Bell126005 »

I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time. Maybe you should try sitting down with her and talking about how you honestly feel she treats you and how bad it makes you feel. Honestly though, sometimes people always try to make their parents proud or try earning their love/respect/whatever but realize too late that they'll never be able to because the parents are huge dicks and have unrealistic expectations. it sucks but you just gotta leave people to do the dumb shit they they do. I hope you'll be able to solve things with your mom, though. hope this could help.
Good luck,
Sam
DarkWinLight

Re: Mother

Post by DarkWinLight »

One time, I was in 5th grade and my teachers asked me why I did not do my homework. My honest reply was "I needed help but my mom was too busy watching a demonic show to help me." It was like that for many more years and as soon as I got a car, I refused to be around my mom. I have slept in my Honda Civic, showered at the gym, and starved countless times so I didn't have to go home to my mom. I got myself into a lot of deep shit and of course I did get in trouble a lot but I lowered her standards and did good things then got more freedom so I don't have to be around her. So I know the feel and I know it's hard to be put off for something stupid but it has made me a very independent person. I now have a boyfriend who gives me all the love and attention I need. That became possible because I gave up on my mom and focused on myself and went out to socialized. It may get better for you as you get older and go off on your own then she realizes she's losing what she had but never took advantage of. Best of luck