What Did I Do To Deserve This?

How can this be happening? Why is it always me? Do you ever ask yourself these questions or do you simply want to vent? Do it all here, we'll try to help.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Candy100

What Did I Do To Deserve This?

Post by Candy100 »

I'm not really sure how to use this but I just really need to get this out! And if someone replies or feels the same that wud be great! But anyway .. I'm not really sure how to say this but sometimes I think I always manage to say or do the wrong thing and mess everything up .. I don't know if that makes sence but just hear me out. Like, one minute I'll be friends with someone and then bam I do or say one wrong thing and they just snap at me?? This happens alot and when it does happen I get so upset cause it reminds me of all the times it has Happened before.. And I'm scared of how many times its going to happen again. Ok I can be rude but if people are nice to me I'm going to be nice back but people take that the wrong way. About 5 minutes ago I was talking to this guy , and we really like eachother and he said something to me , it was an insult but he was just kidding, so I pretended to be annoyed as a joke and he just freaked out saying I couldn't take a joke ?! Then he started acting all weird saying he wants a break or something ?? I really don't know .. I really want to stop this but I think myself that most people don't really get my sense of humor maybe ? I really don't know what to do .. There's so many people out there someone has go to feel the same ? I just hope I'm not alone on this one 
Mdawg23
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Re: What Did I Do To Deserve This?

Post by Mdawg23 »

Have you ever tried utilizing a stop and think technique in your head where you would think about what you would say before you actually say it? That way you can determine what you are about to say would actually offend someone or not. We have all said things that we regret in some way or another. The important thing is that you at least realize that it could be a problem sometimes.
Matt, Moderator of www.helpingteens.org

"To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world

" With hope I built character... with character I built respect.... with respect I built pride... with pride I finally built MYSELF... and with all that built I realized... I matter."

Written in 2011 by Victor S., Age 16 --- Arizona