Helpingteens Lounge And Post Counts

Have you written a story? Even a poem? Post your artistic creations here!

Moderator: The Lounge Moderators

OverDrive
Veteran

Helpingteens Lounge And Post Counts

Post by OverDrive » Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:21 am

It is now official. All posts in ANY FORUM of the HelpingTeens Lounge will NOT COUNT TOWARDS YOUR POST COUNTS.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

I can't think of a better use of server resources... I really can't.

nika
Loyal

Re: Helpingteens Lounge And Post Counts

Post by nika » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:19 pm

why not???

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:15 pm

search for other posts regarding the subject.. don't expect it to be handed to you on a platter, newbie.
--nj

TimeMachine9906
Loyal

Post by TimeMachine9906 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:50 pm

search for other posts regarding the subject.. don't expect it to be handed to you on a platter, newbie.

wow lol that was a little mean. i would like to know why too to tell you the truth.
So Let's Find A Bar

So Dark We Forget Who We Are

And All The Scars From The

Nevers And Maybes Die

nika
Loyal

Post by nika » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:15 am

imnot a newbie. ove been comin here for a year. or something like that. when the domian was stolen it messed up my post/time/star etc. but the ppl here have known me for a year sorry, no newbie here :rolleyes:

TimeMachine9906
Loyal

Post by TimeMachine9906 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:52 am

imnot a newbie. ove been comin here for a year. or something like that. when the domian was stolen it messed up my post/time/star etc. but the ppl here have known me for a year sorry, no newbie here

k honest mistake, i dont think that there should be a small argument over this, lets get back to the matter at hand.....
So Let's Find A Bar

Nevers And Maybes Die

TimeMachine9906
Loyal

Post by TimeMachine9906 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:58 am

It is now official. All posts in ANY FORUM of the TeenHelp Lounge will NOT COUNT TOWARDS YOUR POST COUNTS.

........now wait a second....i realize what you mean, and i dissapprove.

I really dont understand why exactly you did this. And personally what I would have done, was I would have placed a poll, on wether people think this is the best thing to do. I find this site to be a community and we all should have the right to state our minds about the well being of the site. Now if this is a Bandwidth issue, then I understand. But if this is merely something that you think people are taking advantage of, then you should have brought it up with all the members of TeenHelp.org. I think making the member, (no matter how many stars they have) feel like theyre being listend to, is a great thing, and can help traffic, and publicity to your site. And personally, with all due respect, instead of giving us what YOU said. You chould have given us a reason as to why they will not count. So what you are saying is, opinions such as mine that i've just stated, do not count, either in your mentalty OR our post count. I think everything said on this site is valuble and should be counted...but thats just me. Thanks.

Amanda.
So Let's Find A Bar

Nevers And Maybes Die

nika
Loyal

Post by nika » Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:51 am

nicely said TimeMAchine

FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:20 pm

TimeMachine9906,

The best way I can explain why post in the TH Lounge are no longer counted is because the purpose of this site is to HELP teens with issues, chit-chatting is not helping with problems, and should not count towards stars and post counts stating that you are a super helper, because you chit-chat on the TH lounge forums. That is why they do not count as helping post, because they are chatty post not helping post.

-Thats the best way I can put it, and It was not one person who made the desision it was the board of admins.

-FiZz
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

TimeMachine9906
Loyal

Post by TimeMachine9906 » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:33 pm

TimeMachine9906,

The best way I can explain why post in the TH Lounge are no longer counted is because the purpose of this site is to HELP teens with issues, chit-chatting is not helping with problems, and should not count towards stars and post counts stating that you are a super helper, because you chit-chat on the TH lounge forums. That is why they do not count as helping post, because they are chatty post not helping post.

-Thats the best way I can put it, and It was not one person who made the desision it was the board of admins.

-FiZz

Not only is this a teen help community but it is a place for teenagers to speak out, and not care what others think of one another, if someone chats about something THEY care about, then so be it, they should be counted, and it's exactly what i stated above, it seems like the mods dont care what the teens have to say, they only care when they have a problem. With all due respect (and i do mean that) mods, are no better then the teens that come here with problems. We are all equal and personally, if speaking our minds in a chit-chat post doesnt matter well then I'm surprised as many people stayed with this site. Also if being called a "superhelper" is such an issue, then change the names of the ranks, and I KNOW you can change the names. You dont have to make people feel like theyre not being listend to.
So Let's Find A Bar

Nevers And Maybes Die

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:30 pm

oh please... Your being listened to just as equally.. Just because a Image computer isn't "listening" doesn't mean your posts aren't being seen... If all the lounge topics where counted most members would be well into the 5,000 area but now, since its disabled and the real help is counted the counts are much lower... Also, this has been debated in suggestions and the other people that agreed with your opinion lost the debate, so this is pretty much pointless
--nj

Jake
Loyal

Post by Jake » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:59 pm

Not to mention, people were using the Teenhelp lounge as a place to spam to raise their post counts.

I'm sure no matter what kind of site this is, you guys disaprove of people throwing litter in your forums just to gain a stupid number next to their name. The post counts were removed for this reason, and mainly this reason.

And personally what I would have done, was I would have placed a poll, on wether people think this is the best thing to do.

Acctually, I belive there was a poll, but it was in the chit-chat forum, and it got canned because people were too imature to have a civil conversation in it :)

I hope you guys do understand that the removal of the post counts in these forums were to keep spammers off of teenhelp, and to keep the enviorment as friendly as possable around here :) If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me on IM or in a Private Message. I'm always willing to try and clarify things for anyone who has questions :D
-Jacob Wilson

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:48 pm

Originally posted by TimeMachine9906@Sep 10 2003, 05:33 PM

TimeMachine9906,

-FiZz

Not only is this a teen help community but it is a place for teenagers to speak out, and not care what others think of one another, if someone chats about something THEY care about, then so be it, they should be counted, and it's exactly what i stated above, it seems like the mods dont care what the teens have to say, they only care when they have a problem. With all due respect (and i do mean that) mods, are no better then the teens that come here with problems. We are all equal and personally, if speaking our minds in a chit-chat post doesnt matter well then I'm surprised as many people stayed with this site. Also if being called a "superhelper" is such an issue, then change the names of the ranks, and I KNOW you can change the names. You dont have to make people feel like theyre not being listend to.
Fizz is correct, this was the reason. Why do post counts matter so much to you? Want yours to be 50925235235? i can make it that.. i can make it whatever you want... i can put u into the negatives too.. what do they matter? The lounge is a place of relaxation, chit chatting, gossip, and much like a real time chat room.... only delayed to posts. Should you have posts that count that just type lol or what not? nope...

The only reason why we have those "superhelper" titles is because if a member DOES help out with most of their posts, and because only the helping forums are forums that increase post counts, if a member has over 3000 post counts, it means that they've helped many more people than a 400 post member... that's all. We have an idea of taking the title away and just leave the stars (pips) show everything. Who knows if that will go through or not, but it's an idea., and by an admin responding to your post, you may think twice about "not being listened to"
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

Image Articles Image Resources Image Live Chat Image Support Groups and much more!

TimeMachine9906
Loyal

Post by TimeMachine9906 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:01 pm

Fizz is correct, this was the reason. Why do post counts matter so much to you? Want yours to be 50925235235?

Now I wasnt trying to be rude. And personally, I can live without this site, so you take me off if your little heart desires, now I have given you PLENTY of reasons as to why they should count. You're only mad because I'm practly the only one who's speaking up negitivly about your idea, and you are pretty lucky people keep coming back, and signing up as they do, with your rude attitude towards people who may dissaggree with you. Personally, Grow Up. Because if you want to help teens as much as you do (wich is a great thing) you should try seeing both sides of a problem before you round up your "posse" and TRY (mind you TRY) to threaten me, I am just as much as this site as you, because I'm the person who keeps coming back. And please, ban me if I'm such a menace.
So Let's Find A Bar

Nevers And Maybes Die

OverDrive
Veteran

Post by OverDrive » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:44 pm

It wasn't just me, it was all 5 admins who made it not count in here. I'm not trying to be rude, but im trying to prove a point. A point such that POST COUNTS DO NOT MATTER, or rather SHOULD not matter to most people. We use post counts as a rough guide on who to hire for mods, but they are in no way needed. We could go and find each post by the applicant and read it, and count as we go along, but the post counts give us an idea about it.

Self expression is a chitty-chat place. It's a place to post poems and stuff and have responses to it. The initial posts are great, with the poems/designs, etc on them but what comes after that is usually chit chat. I'm sorry but this will probably stay for a VERY long time as a no post-count incrimenting forum.

As for banning you, ur not a menace, heck ur at 0% warn level, so there's no reason to ban u. U are speaking your mind which is allowed, and no you havnt broken any rules here... this is a debate that has stayed clean. My intentions were not to be rude and im sorry you took it that way. Too many people are pissed off that the lounge is not incrimenting post counts because they want to feel special and have a high post count so they post nonsence shit in chit-chat and under the old way, it would go up... and people would abuse that to hell... it was proven. When we switched it to not increasing post counts, the posts in this section dropped by about 44%..... and over the next week, the level of posts in other forums, helping forums went up a few percent. This shows that people were only in the lounge to up their post counts... otherwise why would they start helping elsewhere....

We did have a tremendous battle (the admins) about this and we did take about a month to decide it.... we listend to members, and such... so we did sit on both sides of the fence.
Adam Marshall

HelpingTeens.org Owner

andi
Loyal

Post by andi » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:48 pm

well i honestly dont post just so that i can get little stars saying things like "helpomatic" so i dont care that its not being counted...i do however have to disagree about the lounge things not being helpful. People will post things to get input and advice...even if it wasnt a big problem..if its something that someone will take the time to type then i think that people should take the time to read and make suggestions or even just support the person...that IS helping.

*andi*
"These are the days worth living, these are the years worth giving, these are the moments, these are the times, lets make the most out of our lives"

gcfreekfan
Loyal

Post by gcfreekfan » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:17 pm

What does count toward your post count?
XX:XXDEAD AND HELPLESSSTOP ABORTIONXX:XX

My Journal

Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:25 pm

i think that it is a good decision. ive made 160 posts in chit chat, and most of them were me connor, and jenna fucking around. it should not count cuz we were just goofing off and realsing steam. but post counts so techincally matter cuz you need 250 to be able to apply to be a mod.
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin

iHEAVENn2
Veteran

Post by iHEAVENn2 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:05 pm

Originally posted by gcfreekfan@Sep 8 2004, 05:17 PM

What does count toward your post count?
everything besides the boards in the lounge category.
Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Once in a lifetime, when every star that lights the sky.

Will shine with one reason, leading your heart to the one love you find.

Just once in your life..

Once in a lifetime, you find the one you really love.

For now and forever, one love that never ends.

Just once in a lifetime...

Soda tart!!

.:..::.?? Toga party anyone ??.::..:.

Mel
Loyal

Post by Mel » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:26 pm

I think its a good idea they dont count. TBH Im not really bothered either way. I dont come into chit-chat all that much, I do when I have little else to do and I have no constructive adive to give anyone else in any of the other forums, but I dont think that opinions on squirrles should make a blind bit of difference. This is site is all about helping teens and how is chatting shit about Hilary Duff or general gossip etc going to help anyone? I mean dont get me wrong its quite amusing some of the stuff but hey...Its not going to help anyone in a crisis is it? And posting of stuff in self expression is just venting alot of the time of stuff we've written etc which cant be shown (without being whisked off to a psychiartrist) any where else. Why does it matter anyway?!

*Climbs off soap box* hehe

Theres my two pennies worth!
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools

Survival is the ultimate ideology.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Me and my life: http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjm22/

Anyone wants to talk msn: mel_mitchener@hotmail.com I spend way too much time online