Jehova Witness

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

ctownqb4

Jehova Witness

Post by ctownqb4 »

I have a question about jehova witnesses. Does anyone in this forum know anything about their beliefs. There's this girl I like, but she's a Jehova Witness, I was wondering if it's against their religion to date outside their religion. If anyone could help me out i'd greatly appreciate it
Doug
Veteran

Re: Jehova Witness

Post by Doug »

Alright, I've done some looking and, from what I've seen, it says that they cannot date if they are under the age of 18 because dating should only be done with the intention of a possible marriage later on. So, if she's under 18, you're probably out of luck.

Also, on a different site (whose link I've provided), the religion does not want their members to date outside their religion. It says that they are "encouraged" (emphasis added) to date within their religion. Here is the link for you to look at if you want to...

http://members.tripod.com/~daniel9779/main.html

Press "Ctrl+F" to bring up a 'Find" dialouge box and enter "dating". You will find the section fastest by doing that. Good luck.

Doug
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Ha, good luck with that one doll...

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Jehovah's Witnesses

Christian group originating in the United States at the end of the 19th cent., organized by Charles Taze Russell, whose doctrine centers on the Second Coming of Christ. The Witnesses believe that the event has already commenced; they also believe the battle of Armageddon is imminent and that it will be followed by a millennial period when repentant sinners will have a second chance for salvation. The Witnesses base their teaching on the Bible. They have no churches but meet in buildings that are always named Kingdom Hall. There are no official ministers because all Jehovah's Witnesses are considered ministers of the gospel. Their views are circulated in the Watchtower, Awake!, and other publications and by house-to-house canvasing carried on by members. Since their beginning, the Witnesses have been the subject of harassment virtually everywhere that they have been active. Regarding governments as the work of Satan, the Witnesses refuse to bear arms in war or participate in the affairs of government. Their refusal to salute the flag brought about a controversy that resulted in a decision in their favor by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1943. The Witnesses insist upon a rigid moral code and refuse blood transfusions. Before 1931, Jehovah's Witnesses were called Russellites; abroad the movement is usually known as the International Bible Students Association. Active in almost every country in the world, the group has 970,000 members in the United States (1997).

Search for stuff on the religion on yahoo :P
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
FranklinF
Veteran

Post by FranklinF »

okay, so i know they dont celebrate birthdays nor non religious and some religious holidays like halloween and the like like they cant even do holiday things in school like the parties and whatnot there was a kid in my class we had to make our holiday parties non holiday related it was dumb but whatever floats their boats-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Like Mary said, they dont celebrate Christmas and the like, or they're birthday. But they do have a thing called Present Day though. I also know that they believe that all Jehova's Witnesses will go to Heaven and everyone else will go to Hell, and apparently they dont believe in Christ. This is what my mate whose a Jehova's Witness told me. But why do people hate them so much, thats what I dont understand?
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Nobody hates them, people just dislike what they don't understand.

Don't they believe that it's wrong to give children medical treatment of any kind? Or is that someone else?

Doug
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

hey, if they come anywhere near me, Im gonna give em a lecture they are NEVER gonna forget :P IMHO they are pagans, either that or they never read the bible. I really think its more of an off shoot of the amish, just in modern times.

P.S. Sinners only have once chance to repent, not 1,000 years choose when to repent.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Originally posted by Jills_Daughter@Jun 3 2004, 04:58 PM

I also know that they believe that all Jehova's Witnesses will go to Heaven and everyone else will go to Hell, and apparently they dont believe in Christ. This is what my mate whose a Jehova's Witness told me. But why do people hate them so much, thats what I dont understand?

Probably because they have all these rediculess things like "all people go to hell whos not a jehova's witness"... that offends a lot of people! lol, and if they are christian or whatever, how can they not believe? i mean, the word christian came from christ! Lol
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Originally posted by rast@Jun 3 2004, 04:54 PM

no, i hate them.

They harrass me almost daily, with there smiles and pamplets.

Heehee, I love it when they come to my house. I sit there and listen to them rant and rave for hours, I take their gifts, and then inform then that I'm an atheist and I think they're dumbshit. Then I kick em out.

For some reason, they always come back. Maybe they like my neighborhood.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

uhhhh, Got news for you, what about Jesus raising that guy from the dead? (I forgot his name :huh: ) Medicine today is always a miricle, Given by God, and each one of us are Christs disciples, Thus we are supposed to go out there and preach the word of God for as long as we can, this includes using modern medicine to extend our life.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

masterchief
Dedicated

Post by masterchief »

They dont believe in Hell, or that everyone else is going there. They do believe that sinners who dont repent will die. They also dont believe that all people are going to heaven, just a select few. The rest will live on earth forever, which God will make a paradise like the garden of eden was. Blood transfusions are refused, however they will take other medical treatments. As for not letting children get medical treatment of any kind, wrong. The only thing their children arent allowed to do is get a blood transfusion. They believe that God and Jesus are separate persons, not one. As to dating, they feel that it is a step that only should be taken if a person is ready to marry. As was said before they are encouraged to marry only in their religion. If your looking for more info check out www.watchtower.net(Their only official site).
I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not.

Work and play are two different words used to describe the same thing under different conditions.
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Originally posted by Sovek@Jun 3 2004, 08:07 PM

hey, if they come anywhere near me, Im gonna give em a lecture they are NEVER gonna forget :P IMHO they are pagans, either that or they never read the bible. I really think its more of an off shoot of the amish, just in modern times.

P.S. Sinners only have once chance to repent, not 1,000 years choose when to repent.

Actually, they are very, VERY devoted to the Bible. Please don't make ignorant statements like that.

Also, rast, I have never had them come to my door. I know that they have one place of worship, but they haven't once approached my door. I did have a baptist come to my door once, though...

Doug
She
Veteran

Post by She »

Hey, Christians, I know, let's bash your fellow Christians for what they believe in (or, if we're not willing to go that far, we can talk about how nonsensical the things they do are)! And then, once it's all forgotten about, you can all post new topics about how terrible and bigoted it is that everybody bashes Christianity because we should all be open minded and we have no reason to doubt.

People like you give a horrible name to the church.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

--Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier »

Originally posted by Sovek@Jun 3 2004, 06:07 PM

They're not paegans and they are very devoted to the Bible. We can a couple come to the door actually. Pretty interesting really.

I was reading in the watchtower we got off them that everyone will come back to life soon, and there will be no more deaths. If its true, the world will be a crowded place :(

Angel Breaks says:

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

lol yes i woulld be a *really* crowded place, and that would suck
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself