Wicca

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

gcfreekfan
Loyal

Wicca

Post by gcfreekfan »

Hello...My name is Hannah and i have been studying wicca for a few months now. This is what i want to ask. How many of you realy know what wicca is?? Im expecialy talking to you christians who hate us becouse you think its sinfull.

Wicca is not what most people think. My mother and father both grew up in methodist based homes. Nether where realy strict but still had christian ways of thinking. So when my mom found out that i was studying this, she didnt exactly approve. But one day i showed her my wiccan page and other websites. She sat down and a half an hour later she supported me. She did not know what it was...just like most christians. Again, im going to use my mom as an example. My mom thought that wicca was a religion that prased the devil, awaked the dead, and went around spelling people. Crazy right?? But i have found that this is what most people think...that wicca is a horable religion. ITS NOT! I am not going to sit here and explain it all but this is what i belive in (In wicca mostly every witch believes in somthing different, a different way of thinking) I belive that there is the god and the goddest...that the earth created us all...that after death we are reincarnated back into anouther form of life...that onse you have discovered the craft in every life after that you find it again....and will you get the basics right??

I am smart enough to know that i am going to get some crap from this one but i think the main reason wiccans have such a bad name is becouse of un educated christians.

If you have anymore questions dont hesitate to PM me...I want to support wicca and learn other peoples way of thinking...i love that! It is like a buzz of ligtning learning about other peoples ways of thinking. it interests me. so please PM me and even if you diagree with what i am saying i will listen to you with open ears.

Thanks,

U no U luve me

~*~*~*Hannah~*~**~*~

PS: please, excuse the spelling! its horable i know!
XX:XXDEAD AND HELPLESSSTOP ABORTIONXX:XX

My Journal
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Re: Wicca

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

I had a friend who did wicca * the religion * and her whole family did as well they would do the 4 corners and stuff like that *edit* Theres only one god, and god made earth not earth making us! Do you believe in the bible?? If so then you shouldnt study this.... * my thoughts *

Thou shalt be respectful to all beliefes, weather you agree or not.
Adnama
Veteran

Post by Adnama »

I understand that wicca isn't -outright- evil, or -outright- devil worship, or anything that alot of ignorent christians make it out to be.

But, just lemme tell you where your adverage christian is comeing from. To the Christian belief, there is God, who is all powerful all holy and all good, and then there is the devil who is evil. There is nothing else, there is no imbetween. Either something comes from God, or it comes from the devil. Well, wicca dosn't come from the Christian God no matter how you look at it, so therefore to a Christian it comes from the devil, and is designed to lead people away from God.

I'm just telling you the belief, this is also what I believe, but see I also understand that by calling you or your religion names, or cussing you out, or being forceful about my beliefs, the last thing I'm going to do is convince you that I'm right. *Wink wink nudge nudge to a few people.*
"It's just not the same when you're staring into a perfect golden sunset,

And thinking about how you sold your soul to send the rain away"

-Mineral "Slower"

"And the very fear that makes you want to die

Is just the same as what keeps you alive..."

-Barenaked Ladies, "War on drugs"

My blog of depressed rants: http://sendtherainaway.blogspot.com/
Love2Laugh08
Veteran

Post by Love2Laugh08 »

Thanks adnama you said it all right! Thats why I asked if you believe in the bible becuase god says there is only one god and he doesnt want you to think/worship any other.
Sovek
Loyal

Post by Sovek »

It also says somewhere that He is a jealous god, I know I know (knees I dont want a comment out of you, cause I already know your answer) it seems unfair in todays world but fairness is pointless, there is no such thing on Gods eyes. I know, I sound like a terrorist but theres a parable somewhere in the bible about that, about vinyard workers.

As I stated in my post, the attempt to do "magic" takes away from Gods glory to him, the glory he desearves for Himself, and no amount of complaining can change that.
Flush the Johns, Vote republican

<span style=\'color:BLUE\' Ten out of ten terrorist support John F'in Kerry for president

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by Sovek@Jun 30 2004, 09:43 PM

It also says somewhere that He is a jealous god, I know I know (knees I dont want a comment out of you, cause I already know your answer) it seems unfair in todays world but fairness is pointless, there is no such thing on Gods eyes. I know, I sound like a terrorist but theres a parable somewhere in the bible about that, about vinyard workers.

As I stated in my post, the attempt to do "magic" takes away from Gods glory to him, the glory he desearves for Himself, and no amount of complaining can change that.
blessed be. :lol:
--nj

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

I really admire your answers, Adnama and Sovek. Very true to me. That's what I believe to.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Im christian and ive been studying wicca sence i was 12. i do not judge wiccans at all. and i know what you mean by christians taking it the wrong way.. I used to be wicca but converted back to christianity.

I suport wicca 110 % :) If u need anything, i can help you with a lot of stuff, just pm me :)
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Pariah
Veteran

Post by Pariah »

I am really interested in studying this, anyone know of any sites or books?
TeenHelp.org

Moderator of: Sex, Pregnancy, Sexuality, Disorders, and Friends/Family.

Mentor for: HelpLink.
heavens_sorrows
Loyal

Post by heavens_sorrows »

I used to know a really good site about Wicca, because I used to study it too last summer, I actually would like to get back into it... I'll search around for the site and post it... And yes Wicca really isn't what everyone thinks!!

-Valerie :wub:
~If you listen to your heart when it <span style=\'color:blue\'whispers you'll never have to hear it scream~[/b]
daffodildreams
Veteran

Post by daffodildreams »

http://www.wiccauk.com

A very good site with forums on and stuff. I've been reading about Wicca for a little while, but there are too many "fluffies" involved. The problem with "fluffies" is that the older wiccan's do not take them seriously.

It's a shame that so much prejudice happens, as if a younger person could not take Wicca seriously? but it happens.

They do not like the books which are released for teenage wiccans, they call the teenage wiccans "fluffies" because they do not believe a teenager could have a complete understanding of Wicca.

I think this is rubbish. Anybody can learn if they put their mind to it.
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

i am a christian, and i used to think badly of wiccans but as i'm reading this site i'm totally finding through a number of people that wiccans aren't evil. no, i don't agree with the religion, but i don't agree with lots of religions. that doesn't mean i dislike the people who practice them! so i apologize for the times when i've judged people because of their beliefs. and i hope you don't think that all christians are bad because we AREN'T. sometimes we are quick to judge, but i'm sure that some wiccans are also. it's just human nature. and i'm glad to know that people who follow wicca aren't all evil. and i do apologize for when i may have been closeminded, but i do disagree with your religion and i hope that doesn't sound offensive because it is just my opinion!

i also agree 100% with what sovek said.

so there's my 2 cents, take it or leave it!

hugs, hannah

ps-we have the same name!!! :D
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
rockerchick
Loyal

Post by rockerchick »

Originally posted by gcfreekfan@Jun 30 2004, 06:49 PM

Im expecialy talking to you christians who hate us becouse you think its sinfull.

Hey, I just wanted to say that christians do NOT hate wiccans. Yes, some do, I'm not going to deny that. But I would appreciate it if people (not just you) would stop grouping all christians together and say that we ALL hate you. Please don't look at the few over zealous christians that you've met an assume that that's the way that we all are. In fact, I'm ashamed to call myself christian when I hear of those people, because it says in our own holy bible that we should "love thy neighbor as thyself" and to accept all people no matter what their beliefs are. I would like to apologize for all those people who said that they hate you because of your religion, that is NOT what our religion teaches and I'm sorry you have to endure that.
Sometimes you're the dog...sometimes you're the hydrant

~*~Katie~*~
TheArtistExile

Post by TheArtistExile »

Ok, i know that most wiccans started out, as i did, hating christians for a lot of things, burning times, there blatent disregard for double standards and false morality in the bible, but wiccans can be really ignorant too. The "goddess" is really a token of the agnostic side of our religion, worshipping the god without a name. the sex of our god is a non issue, what it does shouldn't coralate from having something between its legs. Alot of us say that it's the first religion, which is a lie. simple paganism in the worship of sun, snake, trees, anything came way before a dogmatic system based on polythestic worship of the elements. spells don't come from a few little words and a $3.00 purple candle melting. they come from deep, personal, astral belief in what your doing. and if you say he's biased christian hypocrite, i've been expelled from school, dis owned by my parents, hated by my realtives, all for a belief.

andy the exile.

p.s. any new wiccans should go here

http://www.whywiccanssuck.com

p.p.s. and you christian who say they can't defend your faith, this is from a 13 year old.
EgyptsGoddessx
Loyal

Post by EgyptsGoddessx »

Listen to me, please.

Everyone, everyone! Anyone who is fighting or hurt over this debateing subject, please do not be.

Yes, i know what Wicca really is. I used to be a Christian too, a full fledged Christian. I have studied Wicca, but never really followed it. I have many friends who are Wiccan and who are Christian. I love Wiccans because they are so peaceful and loving, they are very genuine people. Yes, there is a common misconsception of "witch". All Im saying is, stop judging other's religion before you really get to know it. Don't make invalid judgements or comments on the subject if you don't know the full matter. I enjoy Wiccans, I enjoy Christians, I enjoy Bhuddists, Muslims, Jews, Mystics, etc... Don't be so baised!!! If there is a God (i want to leave my own personal religion out of this) the wouldn't he want you to STOP fighting? Stop the madness and hatred towards each other??

By the way, doesn't Jesus say in the bible, "He who is without sin cast the first stone?" if you believe Wicca is evil, which I HIGHLY don't believe!!! It does say many things about witchcraft, but yet if you look at the meaning of Witchcraft back then, it meant (abbrieviated), "Harming others by way of religious ritual or mystical means." basically, hurting other people or butting into other's people's business by way of religion or whatever. SO, STOP THE FIGHTING!!!
Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj »

Originally posted by TheArtistExile@Jul 7 2004, 04:22 PM

Thank You! Finally.. somebody who has enough sense..

it always is fun to piss of the christians though.. with that 'we've been burned stuff.' i used to do it for shits and giggles.. but i'm bad.. hehe..

great site...

blessed be! ;)
--nj

maya
Loyal

Post by maya »

sorry nevermind!
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Originally posted by kneesofmybees+Jul 7 2004, 08:09 PM--<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'<tr<tdQUOTE (kneesofmybees @ Jul 7 2004, 08:09 PM)</td</tr<tr<td id='QUOTE'<!--QuoteBegin-TheArtistExile@Jul 7 2004, 04:22 PM

Thank You! Finally.. somebody who has enough sense..

it always is fun to piss of the christians though.. with that 'we've been burned stuff.' i used to do it for shits and giggles.. but i'm bad.. hehe..

great site...

blessed be! ;)[/b][/quote]

....its not funny pissing off christians just becuase they believe in something diffrent then you do.

..and come on people, stop fighting she was just telling you what she believed in. grow up.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
kellbell
Loyal

Post by kellbell »

I'm not crhistian, but i live in a christian home. I study religions and read books about religions in my spare time. I know i AM the coolest person in the whol entire world, :rolleyes: :huh: but it really interests me. Well when i brought home a book about wicca and spells, my mom freaked out. She made me take it back to the store. She didnt' want me to "invite" things into the house that weren't wanted. I understand your frustration completly.
+*~ But to me, they will always be glorious birds ~*+

OOO look a live journal!!! http://www.livejournal.com/users/rudy23/