Different Hells

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Different Hells

Post by Paris In Flames »

So this is an interesting thought. Say you are Christian, and you beleive that you are going to heaven. Does that mean you're also going to the other religion's hells because you're not part of their religion?

Oui, right?

Like, if I was Catholic, I'd be going to the Mormon hell, etc etc etc.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
NunchakuSteve
Veteran

Re: Different Hells

Post by NunchakuSteve »

I guess it all depends on your perspective/faith.

Like..for example(I'm not even super religious but listen)

Everyone in this world, is going to be in my heaven/hell.

Because that is MY belief.

I'm not aware of other religions' heaven/hell, but in turn I will be going to their's because that is THEIR belief/perspective. It's a perplexing thought eh
belis
Loyal

Post by belis »

I think there is one God. Maybe not exactly a God father as he is descibed in a pable. Rather some kind of power or energy or whtever that keeps everything together. If there is hell and heaven where you go depends on what kind of person you are not on your religion. God is the same for everybody but people give him respect in many different ways. "Good" Christians, Muslims, Jewish, you name it will go to heaven together with people who have no religion. People who were acting realy wrongly may end up in hell. I am not sure if I have described it clearly but hope everybody understand what I mean.
Shwynsh
Veteran

Post by Shwynsh »

Hmm.. interesting thought.

But many religions only accept their beliefs to be true. Therefore, theres only such a thing as THEIR heaven or hell. So all the good people of their religion go to heaven, everyone else goes to hell. And that's the only way.

Not that I believe that, but that seems to be what would make sense.
<span style=\'color:gray\'

"I have a feeling that you're riding for some kind of a terrible, terrible fall. . . . This fall I think you're riding for-it's a special kind of fall, a horrible kind. The man falling isn't permitted to feel or hear himself hit bottom. He just keeps falling and falling. The whole arrangement's designed for men who, at some time or other in their lives, were looking for something their own environment couldn't supply them with. Or they thought their own environment couldn't supply them with. So they gave up looking. They gave it up before they ever really even got started"
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Jenna - i have been saying this for soo many years but no one understands me when i say it...haha... :hug:

Yeah but i have been thinking the same thing for ages...

And whose to say that athesists are going to hell becusae i mean hell, i don't believe in hell so how can i go to someplace that doesn't exsist? Haha...

~Jeff~
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

In the case there is a God, regardless of what religion you believe in, it is improbable that there even is a Heaven or Hell. So, I wouldn't be worried about it. The idea of God does not coincide with the creation of a Heaven or Hell. Historically, the concepts of Heaven and Hell are for motivation, or reason to act in moral ways on earth. Do you really believe that God would create you just to torture you?
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Jan 15 2005, 01:25 PM

Jenna - i have been saying this for soo many years but no one understands me when i say it...haha... :hug:

Yeah but i have been thinking the same thing for ages...

And whose to say that athesists are going to hell becusae i mean hell, i don't believe in hell so how can i go to someplace that doesn't exsist? Haha...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

Well...you could be completely wrong.

So, perhaps I'll see you there. ;)
alnieve
Veteran

Post by alnieve »

Hmm...this one makes me think.

I think that most religions that do believe in heaven and hell believe that there is only one of each. I think it's just conflicting beliefs as to who will end up in heaven and who will end up in hell. I think that your theory only works when...you're mixing beliefs. Does that make sense?

Hmm...well I am going to stop now, I'm confusing myself.

Amanda
[CENTER]She would change everything[/CENTER]

[CENTER]for happy ever after.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Caught in the in-between,[/CENTER]

[CENTER]a beautiful disaster."http://asnowy.deviantart.com/gallery/"[/CENTER]
Dobby
Loyal

Post by Dobby »

Let me try and apply what I learned in religion class this week. I'm a cathlioc. Therefore, when I die, I believe when I die God will judge my soul and figure out wheather our not I have been good or not. The thing with God is, he forgives people before death through, the sacrement of recongsiliation. Now, in the cathlioc belief there is a clause for those who have never been cathliocs,, and that is the clause of complete ignorance. These people, be they Buddists or Athesists, since they never knew God, they too shall go to, what I shall call, my heaven. Now for those who fell away from the church, and joined a different religion, God will have to judge them. That is my overview on the cathlioc faith.

But as people have said, say I am wrong, and say the Buddists are correct in their beliefs. Is their a clause in their religion as there is in mine. I don't know. Thus, I may go to their hell. What is the Athesists are correct? is our life over and then everything is black and life is over and nothing. I must say that thought scares me, and that is why I believ I will be risen again. Just my thoughts though. This is a very chilling topic though.
99.9% of putts left short never go in, and that applies to everything in life.[/b]
skaterGuy15
Veteran

Post by skaterGuy15 »

I wish I were a spy.
junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey »

Some religions don't believe in heaven or hell.

And of course, if you are Catholic you believe your heaven and hell are the only ones that exist. So no others exist, if you see what I'm getting at?
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

meh, if you mix all the other religions togeather and everything, then i guess.. you would be going to hell. they believe in only ONE heaven and ONE hell... shit, for all we know. it could all be the same heaven and hell with a diffrent name, ya never know~
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
archers_angel
Veteran

Post by archers_angel »

My belief is that Christianity is the only real religion, and that the Christian God is the only real God, therefore the Christian Heaven is the only real heaven.

Therefore other religions are wrong and misguided, and their idea of heaven and hell does not exist.

And I don't think that the Christian God would torture those in his hell, I think hell is just merely an absence of God in your life, so those in Hell have to live without God in their lives, and that would be the ultimate hell, because believers would be in paradise with their maker.