Is It A Sin?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

rogueangel
Loyal

Re: Is It A Sin?

Post by rogueangel »

I personally do not believe it to be a sin.

Yes the bible says it is, but it is my personal opinion that it's not..
Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob »

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

dark_angel07
Loyal

Post by dark_angel07 »

Okay- i put the eww gross or whatever BECAUSE- I suppose it is what is closest to what i think. I mean, I think its a bit gross, but I dont really care. I mean if bob is gay, bob is gay. I dont believe i have the right to say omg thats wrong bob! your going to hell and God hates you! But I dont feel I should sit here and say its right, and God is okay with it, because I dont know. Whether someone is gay or not doesnt affect me. They're still Human, and God wants us to love and care about everyone. Besides, Being gay doesnt hurt anyone, now does it?

None of us are God, so we dont have the right to say what he thinks or what he believes, cuz none of us know. So i think instead of everyone making a big deal about gay people, we should be trying to make the world a better place from all the murders and rapiest, ect.. out there.
100th Post~~~ Aug. 26th, 2004

150th Post~~~ Aug. 28th, 2005
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Jan 30 2005, 05:46 PM

I hate when answer for others...

You have no proof that "god" actually hates homosexuality...
Jeff, you answer for others as well and she wasn't "answering" for God, she was saying what she believes God thinks.

I really don't understand how, if he does exsist, he would be upset about two guys having sex as long as "his children" are in love thats all that should matter, right?
That's really only what you think would be the most appropriate course. In your logic, that is the thing that should matter... but it seems you leave a lot out, including the idea that sex after marriage might be a thing that "matters" more in the long run, than sex before.

We say its sad when a person has homophobic parents because a parent should always love their children regardless of who they are. But yet some people find it perfectly fine to say that "god" will be upset w/ seeing his children have gay sex...w/e...
Umm... that's a little different. You're talking about a person accepting their child as an individual, not witnessing them having sex. I don't think any *sane* parent wants to see their child having sex, straight or not. God, as I would understand it, is NOT homophobic as that would be really stupid just in the general idea of God. I can love you lots Jeff because I think you're a cool guy, but it doesn't mean I agree with you or care for your sexual preferences.

Homosexuality sex is just like heterosexual sex...

Thats like me saying that i don't have a problem w/ heterosexuals but heterosexual sex i have a problem w/, right? its the same thing...

Or does my opinion not matter because "god" didn't say it did?
What the crap? You could have a problem with heterosexual sex and not have a problem with heterosexuals so yeah it's the same thing... what are you getting at? Sexual preferences is just a matter of opinion... just like politics in a way. I could be republican and you could be a democrat, but we could still like each other just fine. It really makes no difference where I vote yes or you vote no.

And about your opinion mattering, that's just dumb. No one said anything about discounting your opinions on anything, not even God. Haha, honestly, I think I'm getting more and more confused by you.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Jan 29 2005, 09:08 PM

You don't believe in our ways? Whats thats supposed to mean, hun?

Like archers angel said, I dont hate people who are homosexual, I really dont at all, I think that some of them I have met or just talked to is some of the sweetest people here (on earth that is) but I dont believe in homosexuality, or well I dont believe that it is right n e way...

And I truly dont believe that just being a nice person is going to get you into heaven... The way I have always been taught is that not one drop of sin will enter into heaven, remember there will be a judgement day and God will know EVERYTHING that you have done that was not righteous. Thats just the way I have been taught, and you all can call me naive, retarded, scandlize my name.. But im going on with Jesus just the same!
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

^ u do realize that everyone and i mean absolutely everyone sins at some point right? so no one goes to heaven according to what u have been taught, why then not enjoy life instead of following a book written by who knows whom thousands of yrs ago?
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

because you are supposed to pray 3 times a day atleast, but of course some people fails to do that sometimes, but your supposed to also ask forgiveness each day... and the reason i follow it is because i put my faith in it, that through n e stormy weather, it will bring me through the storm... it is the closest thing RIGHT NOW i have to here God and his word...

I'm only going over home

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 »

Originally posted by wagon_wheel@Jan 26 2005, 06:38 PM

No. As long as your happy with the person..go you!!

P.S. This should probably be moved to religion...sins are usually religious.... [

[right][/right]

I disagree with what you say, the Bible says that being gay is an "abomination"(Leviticus 20:13) and even though God will forgive you for the sins that you commit, He doesn't want you to be gay or bi, He wants you to be one of His Holy children.
Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess »

Originally posted by Rob@Jan 27 2005, 08:45 AM

Uh, I don't see why the last two options had to be added. They just ridicule the whole poll.

[right][/right]

i agree.

anyways, i don't believe its a sin. an all-loving god couldn't hate someone for being passionately in love with someone of his/her own sex, could it? it doesn't make sense...there isn't enough love in this world. if you find it, i say hold on to it for dear life. god doesn't mind...in fact, i'm sure s/he/it is really happy for you.

with love,

Jess
Image the banana dance will live on!Image
Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug »

Just remember people, in Colonial British America, church leaders told their followers that blacks were not going to Heaven. Just something to think about.

OI
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna
Rob
Needs Another Hobby

Post by Rob »

Originally posted by silvertears@Feb 1 2005, 04:09 AM

I dont believe that it is right n e way...[right][/right]
You shall not pass judgement onto your fellow kin. You just condemned yourself to hell girl. And I for one, find that nothing but ironic.
l3rok3n
Loyal

Post by l3rok3n »

<span style=\'font-family:Times\'I think it is a sin for most because since gay people cannot get married they cannot wait until marriage to have sex. Yes, it isn't traditional sex but a lot of gay people I know count it as "loosing their virginity". So, if you are gay but don't ever have sex if that is a sin or not I have no clue. I know a ton of straight people who haven't waited until marriage to have sex, but that doesn't make it any less of a sin. That is just my personal outlook on it.
You called yesterday to basically say

That you care for me but that you're just not in love

Immediately I pretended to be feeling similarly

And led you to believe I was O.K.

To just walk away from the one thing

That's unyielding and sacred to me

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

But in reality I'm slowly losing my my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry

So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to

Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't got a clue

Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride and sing "I will survive"

Do you lash out and say "How dare you leave this way"

Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by GodsChild7@Jan 31 2005, 10:03 PM

I disagree with what you say, the Bible says that being gay is an "abomination"(Leviticus 20:13) and even though God will forgive you for the sins that you commit, He doesn't want you to be gay or bi, He wants you to be one of His Holy children.

[right][/right]

why does being gay automatically make you unholy?

I am gay and proud of the fact that i am gay...

If got exsists i will find it sad and won't have respect for him if he says that i am not holy becuase of the fact i am gay...

I would honostly rather be in hell eternally as long as i can be gay then go to some place where "he" dictates your sexual ordeal and condems those whom aren't of the heterosexual sexuality...

Like doug said .... they used to say that blacks weren't going to heaven...now its the gay/bi kids...

catholism are the bullies in school that like to make other people feel like shit, so they don't have to look at their own internal issues...thats a fact...i will say it as many times as i need to because it is the honost truth!

~Jeff~
PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~@Feb 1 2005, 02:21 PM

catholism are the bullies in school that like to make other people feel like shit, so they don't have to look at their own internal issues...thats a fact...i will say it as many times as i need to because it is the honost truth!

Okay... first off... don't say that Jeff. That is a bad generalized stereotype of Catholics. I'm offended by that and I'm not even Catholic. It isn't true to say that Catholics are the bullies trying to make people feel like shit so they don't have to deal with their own issues. That's a very BAD claim to make. Just thought you ought to know that.

Being gay doesn't automatically make you unholy. I don't really think any person can be considered holy. The only person who is and ever will be considered so is Jesus Christ. We're all with flaws plain and simple without sexuality being a determinant of that.

Besides, sexuality doesn't always conflict with religion. While the majority does... it isn't the whole population, so there's no need to get so angry. You do realize that there are homosexual Christians yeah? Just a thought.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

PPP : hun, i know your opinions and i know it doesn't make you unholy, i was commenting on the posters opinions, hun! :)

~Jeff~
silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears »

Originally posted by Rob+Feb 1 2005, 06:28 AM--
[/right][/b]

You shall not pass judgement onto your fellow kin. You just condemned yourself to hell girl. And I for one, find that nothing but ironic.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

I dont think I made a judgement, I told you my belief (notice the phrase "I dont BELIEVE") just as you all have done, and if I ask for forgivnes like I "believe" I am supposed to then it wont matter n e way...

I really dont like fighting with all of you, and I apologize for things I may have said that you all took offensively, I'm just stating my beliefs like you all are..

I'm only going over home

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~
l3rok3n
Loyal

Post by l3rok3n »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Feb 1 2005, 05:21 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

I am gay and proud of the fact that i am gay...

If got exsists i will find it sad and won't have respect for him if he says that i am not holy becuase of the fact i am gay...

I would honostly rather be in hell eternally as long as i can be gay then go to some place where "he" dictates your sexual ordeal and condems those whom aren't of the heterosexual sexuality...

Like doug said .... they used to say that blacks weren't going to heaven...now its the gay/bi kids...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

<span style=\'font-family:times\'Being African American and being homosexual are different though. I am not saying that homosexuals are going to hell. Being homosexual is an act, being African American is something you can't not be. If you decided being African American would make you go to hell you couldn't change the fact you were African American. If you decided you being homosexual would make you go to hell you could not do homosexual activities. I do not believe that what we think is a sin because we prevent ourselves from doing it.
You called yesterday to basically say

That you care for me but that you're just not in love

Immediately I pretended to be feeling similarly

And led you to believe I was O.K.

To just walk away from the one thing

That's unyielding and sacred to me

Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

But in reality I'm slowly losing my my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry

So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to

Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't got a clue

Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride and sing "I will survive"

Do you lash out and say "How dare you leave this way"

Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

woah... you cant HELP being homosexual. gay people have TRIED being straight but they can't.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

in my opinion, being homosexual is not a sin. participating in homosexual activities is a sin.