Do You Believe In Jesus Christ........

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

yoaliens3000
Veteran

Re: Do You Believe In Jesus Christ........

Post by yoaliens3000 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:34 pm

i believe in jesus christ.

GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:32 am

Originally posted by Beautiful+Feb 2 2005, 01:57 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

nooo :'( Im a fairy!!!!! your a deformed fairy. let me be a fairyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! :P

Anyway,

I think the bible is hypocritical against itsself but hey thats just me... And if god was real, how come he still has yet to help me :(

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

I have one question to you reply, "Have you ever asked Him for help and truely believe that He will help you in HIS time and not yours?"

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:14 pm

Originally posted by GodsChild7@Feb 2 2005, 11:32 PM

I have one question to you reply, "Have you ever asked Him for help and truely believe that He will help you in HIS time and not yours?"

[right][/right]

See this is what i do not like...

If the thing you "prayed" for happened you would believe it was gods act while in reality it just occured...

Like you pray to find that matching shirt to match everyone at the clean up so you pray and when you do find it you thank god but really you just found it...

No gods help...

Everyone has asked god for help before and in reality mine always came out as a dissapointment...

~Jeff~

GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:01 pm

Originally posted by Britt Britt@Feb 3 2005, 09:25 PM

No i dont believe in him....he hasnt given me a reason 2.

[right][/right]

Have you ever given Him a chance to give you a reason?

GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:07 pm

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Feb 3 2005, 09:14 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

See this is what i do not like...

If the thing you "prayed" for happened you would believe it was gods act while in reality it just occured...

Like you pray to find that matching shirt to match everyone at the clean up so you pray and when you do find it you thank god but really you just found it...

No gods help...

Everyone has asked god for help before and in reality mine always came out as a dissapointment...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Prayer changes everthing.......it is the reason some people are alive today, its the reason people have been changed for the better, its the reason why people come out of hard times.........Believe me please when I say that Prayer IS very powerful and everything happens because God allows it to, even tho we may not understand or agree with why it happened, it happened for a reason. Even little things like "finding a matching shirt" are all because God allowed it to happen....

silvertears
Loyal

Post by silvertears » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:20 am

Originally posted by Britt Britt+Feb 3 2005, 08:17 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Have you ever given Him a chance to give you a reason?

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

you have no idea how many chances he had.......

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Hun, I know it's hard in the world we live in today to be a christian. I know that I dont know you very well, but from all the posts I have seen of yours, I know your good hearted, and Im sure everyone on this site probably is. I know what its like to be on the edge of suicide, that maybe that is the only way out, and no one will really care (for long ne way) about you being gone. No one will miss you. I know what its like to cut and slash my arms and wrists because maybe at that time I was to afraid to die but the pain needed to go away some how..I know what its like to try drugs and think wow.. That took all my pain away (for a brief time) I know what its like to try "dirty things" with guys and think I really screwed up now.I know what its like to think that God could really care less, that my prayers are just another type of wishful thinking. But then I also know what it is like to feel Gods presence surround me. To feel his hand on my shoulder when I cry for what I think is the last time because the knife is there in my hand. To feel what I think is the greatest hug of my life. And though my earthly father was hardly ever here for me, I know what its like to run to my father whenever I'm ready to die..(This is my personal view because I have know idea what you may have went through.)

Dont give up on God, because despite what everyone is saying, I know he is in me with all my heart. And though the devil may tempt me to do things, I know that all I have to do is run to my "daddy" and he'll make it all right.
I'm a poor wayfaring stranger

While traveling thru this world of woe

Yet there's no sickness, toil, or danger

In that bright world to which I go

I'm going there to see my Father

I'm going there no more to roam

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will hang 'round me,

I know my way is rough and steep

Yet beauteous fields lie just before me

Where God's redeemed their virgils keep

I'm going there to see my mother

She said she'd meet me when I come

I'm only going over Jordan

I'm only going over home

~?~My?Photobucket~?~

Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:34 am

Originally posted by GodsChild7+Feb 2 2005, 11:32 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

nooo :'( Im a fairy!!!!! your a deformed fairy. let me be a fairyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! :P

Anyway,

I think the bible is hypocritical against itsself but hey thats just me... And if god was real, how come he still has yet to help me :(

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

YES i have. A BUNCHO F TIMES. :'(

If i believe that he could help me, woudlnt that basically be saying im helping myself because i believe that i am BEING helped? ..
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:29 am

Originally posted by GodsChild7@Feb 3 2005, 10:07 PM

Prayer changes everthing.......it is the reason some people are alive today, its the reason people have been changed for the better, its the reason why people come out of hard times.........Believe me please when I say that Prayer IS very powerful and everything happens because God allows it to, even tho we may not understand or agree with why it happened, it happened for a reason. Even little things like "finding a matching shirt" are all because God allowed it to happen....

[right][/right]

100% disagreeance...

personally i can not stand people who put so much belief into god...

Yeah i can see belief but to say that god controlls your life? - i don't think so

People who think that they got the job because god made them look the best are wrong...they qualified for the job...then religious folks will say that god gave them the talents - again thats not true...one works for their talents...

Finding a shirt is not a work of god...getting a job isn't a work of god...

and personally prayer won't do anything...i have prayed soo many fucking times in my life for my life to be better...constant praying when i was younger till like 15ish...

I wanted soo much to be relgious and what i wished for to be true but nothing ever came...nothing was ever granted...

so i started to actually listen and develop what was being said in the bible during chuch and listeing to the "gospel of the word" and how he explained it forced deep inside that it doesn't exsist...

Oh, my friend, believe in what ever the hell you want to be believe in...but you can not even dare to say that god controlls the world...you can't even say that because you found a shirt - god wanted to you...

No, my friend, thats not god...thats not god...

~Jeff~

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:00 am

Hi Everyone!! :)

Some of you might find my 'GOD' page interesting.

Take a look by clicking on THIS!!

And Jeff - I agree with YOU. God does NOT control the world. To even suggest such a thing [no disrepect to you - GodsChild7] is an insult to God. That would be like saying, "Sure - we are going over a cliff - but do not worry - Craig is driving - so all is well!!"

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:50 pm

*ding ding ding* Brainwashing alert. Brainwashing alert.

Do I beleive in Jesus and all that bullshit? Can't say I do.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...

rogueangel
Loyal

Post by rogueangel » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:01 pm

I don't think that God controls the world, that would technically be like saying God controlled you.

And I DO NOT believe that, and never will. Everyone has free will, like Jeff says if you get a job it is not God, if you are talented at something it is not God.

I shall exit this thread, because I am yet again making NO sense :wacko:

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:05 pm

Originally posted by Paris In Flames@Feb 5 2005, 12:50 PM

Do I beleive in Jesus and all that bullshit? Can't say I do.

Hi Jenna!! :)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT refer to MY beliefs as 'bullshit'. [because I think it's inconsiderate]

I would never say what YOU believe is 'bullshit'.

GREAT BIG HUG

kellykelly
Loyal

Post by kellykelly » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:08 pm

yes, i believe in Jesus Christ as a person, but i don't believe in God so i can't really say i believe in him as God's son. in MY opinion i think that God and heaven are reassurances to Christians that there is something after this, there is a reason for living, and that we aren't just living to die. but to me i've accepted that after you die there's nothing. plus, if some guy came up to you today and started preaching about God and told you he was the son of God would you believe him? but anyways these are merely my opinions, i mean no disrespect to anyone else.

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:11 am

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:04 am

Originally posted by CanadaCraig+Feb 5 2005, 01:05 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Lol, I'm sorry. I didn't have the intent of offending you, I was just stating that I think it's bullshit. You're welcome to call me whatever you want, lol, but please know I had no intention of insulting you.

I simply answered the question that the person who started this thread asked. And honestly - he could have really made it a lot simpler. "Do you believe in god." I would have answered "no." But since he went through the whole, "Messiah blah de fucking blah." Then no, it deserved what I wrote. Because I feel everything he wrote after "Do you believe in Jesus..." as bullshit.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:32 pm

I've stayed out of this discussion because (this is rude but) quite frankly I hate being preached at and GodsChild you are definately trying to preach at me. But I suppose I will give an answer.

Do I believe in Jesus the historical person? This is just a silly question. Jesus has pretty much been historically proven as an actual person who was actually put to death. Don't believe me? Ask any classist and they will tell you the same thing.

Do I believe in Jesus as the divine Son of God? Yes I do believe this.

Do I believe Jesus is the ONE AND ONLY Messiah/way to salvation? No. There have been many many people who haven't had the chance to hear about Jesus, and I certainly don't hold it against them, and I really don't see how God could either. I respect all religions and believe that each hold merit for the people who are practicing them.

Just one commentary that I just cannot pass up:

Craig, the calender is the way it is because some monk back in the 6th century said this is how we should do it. Then a pope in the 16th century tweaked it and out popped the Gregorian calender that the western world knows. Other parts of the world have their own calender. Up before the 6th century or so noone would have had a concept of what AD and BC are. Astronomers' calenders are a year off because they count "year 0". The romans in the time of Jesus would have had no conception of a number for the year. The year would have been "During the 34th year of the reign of caeser augustus under the governance of Syrenius" or something like that. They marked time via people not numbers. So yes, my point: Using the calender to try and prove the existance of Jesus is not the best way of going about it.

Now, as a mod, I'm just going to say..... be careful here. This topic seems to be on a slow simmer but don't let it boil over.
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:01 pm

Hi Jaegermeister!! :)

I hope you're OK.

I enjoyed reading your message. You're certainly not alone in your belief that there are other 'ways' to God. I'm not sure what I think about that. My brother and I often have 'discussions' regarding this very 'thing'. His beliefs are more in line with what you believe - whereas I tend to be a little more cautious in my approach. [not 'better' - just more 'questioning'] My brother often wonders [as I do] if the 'Chinese' and the 'Hindus' are nothing more than kindling for the fiery furnace of hell. OR does God HAVE a 'way' just for THEM. [one that 'we' need not know about - if that makes sense] I like to think God is dealing with 'it'. Then again - the Bible does seem to command that 'we' go to all four corners of the world and 'preach the word'. Quite a daunting task - wouldn't you say? I'm quite sure I'll never have an answer. [at least not in this life]

As for the calender 'proving' the existance of Jesus - please note that I didn't say that!! I merely suggested [in not so many words] that it was food for thought. No one is trying to change the calender because of MY birth. And of all the other people who have been born since Christ - why no interest [from pope or peasant] to change the calender? Yes - you're right - not everyone uses the Gregorian Calender - but most do. I'm sure if you went to Japan and asked most people there what year it is - they'd say 2005. The Gregorian Calender has BECOME the world calender [with a few pockets of exceptions] just as English has BECOME the official language of Airlines. "It's a small world after all!!"

GREAT BIG HUG