Do You Believe In Jesus Christ........

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

DreamPixie
Veteran

Re: Do You Believe In Jesus Christ........

Post by DreamPixie » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:34 pm

I find this entire thread offensive, because I thought this was not a place to preach. Was I mistaken?

I find it offensive that Christians believe there way is the only way(yes, I'm a Christian, but I find it offensive when CHristians do this).

"But the Bible says we have to make everyone believe in Jesus or they'll burn in Hell!"

Okay, but the Bible also says that we should stone disobedient children and keep slaves and cut off a man's hands for stealing and that wives should be obedient directly to their husbands.

Do we practice these Biblical teachings today? No.

I believe in Jesus Christ, and I find it annoying when people say "Jesus never existed", because you don't have to believe in Jesus Christ to know that Jesus of Nazareth was a historical figure. His existence has been proven, so don't try to claim that history is wrong just because you don't believe he was the Messiah. It's two seperate issues- history and religion.

Why must you make everyone CHristian? If you ask people if they believe in Jesus, and they say "No, I don't", they're not trying to tell you not to believe in Him, so who are you to tell them that they must?

The other night, a "fellow Christian" explained to me that I could not possibly be Unitarian and still be a "real Christian". She did it in this "I'm just explaining my opinion" way, but what she was directly saying was that I was wrong and she was right. How could thsi be so? Did God tell her that "real CHristians" believe everyone else is compeltely wrong? So am I going to Hell because I don't try to convert my Muslim/atheist friends? I sure hope not. God is far too good (all-loving, remember?) to send me to Hell for *ACCEPTING* other people's beliefs.

So please, if you're interested in hearing our opinions that's one thing, but it's completely unnecessary to preach to people this way.

<3<3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~Life's too short to be anything but happy.

~I<3Mike.

GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:47 pm

I'm sorry that some of you guys think that I am preaching on you....I'm not trying to preach on anyone....I'm just trying to help as much as I can. I understand that I can get a little carried away with some of the things that I say, but I just get carried away talking about religion and beliefs......sorry....

Penecostal Girl

Post by Penecostal Girl » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:50 pm

I believe in God with all my heart!

-Jamie

Penecostal Girl

Post by Penecostal Girl » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:52 pm

Excuse me CanadaCraig I completely agree with Godschild7 that he does control the world. He created this world for us and he controls it

Jess
Veteran

Post by Jess » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:56 pm

i believe he was a prophet of God, but i believe that there have been many others as well.

<3 jess
Image the banana dance will live on!Image

GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:00 pm

I would like to thank everyone for their responses to this question....I have to say that I was very happy with several of them and I am glad that so many of you guys believe in Christ.......Keep up the good work....

SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:25 pm

I believe in Jesus Christ.. but I also believe that there are natural healing powers in the world. I'm a science major so I know that science has a lot do with the creation of man BUT I do believe God created the world and God is MY savior.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy

Barbies are Evil
Veteran

Post by Barbies are Evil » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:01 pm

honestly, I don't believe in Jesus or Revelation or the saints or any of that.....but I do believe there is a God.
TJ[10:13 PM]: no not really..... it's all so.... like wow..... screw steps, you took a fuckin jet pack and strapped it on yourself and rocketed your way forward (thats my big bro)

And I'm going to extremes

Tomorrow I will change

And today won't mean a thing

I'm a bitch, I'm a tease

I'm a goddess on my knees

When you hurt, when you suffer

I'm your angel undercover

I've been numb, I'm revived

Can't say I'm not alive

You know I wouldn't want it any other way

Meredith Brooks-Bitch

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:26 pm

God can't completely control the world, because we have free will. If God had complete control, we would not have free will. If life is *completely* predestined, why even live, because there's no point to making decisions if it's God's decision and not yours. Sin results from free will going wrong, so God can't have complete control, but he can be omniscient and know everything that happens and is going to happen- it's just that he doesn't control it so much as know it. If that doesn't make sense, go study some free will v. predestination philosophy :).

This isn't a place for debate, so don't try to prove me wrong, that's just my view of it.

Also, science and religion *can* work together- they don't have to always be in opposition. For example: evolution and creation. God created the world in 6 days and then rested. Who's to say 6 days was 6 periods of 24 hours? Six days is a relative time period that could really be thousands or millions of years. The world could have evolved as God created it ;).

I just want everyone to get along, obviously. Science, religion, Christianity, atheism- we're all in the same world. <3
~The best thing about being happy is thinking that you will never be unhappy again.

~I<3Mike.

JazzIsLove
Loyal

Post by JazzIsLove » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:39 pm

Yep I believe in Jesus definitely as least as the proven person. Do I believe he was the son of God? for the sake of not thinking too hard-yes I do. However, I believe much more strongly in God.

as for the whole "world being his" thing and such things along that topic.. my personal belief, that in a way incorporates science and religion, is that, yes, one of those theories about the origin of earth is true. maybe we originated from little swimmy organisms swimming in lakes and evolved. maybe it was a big bang? I don't know. But I do believe that however we evolved, God allowed it to happen as such. does that make sense? lol I believe God played a role, as well as environment and addaptation, in how we evolved into human beings.

again, just my views. :)
~ALLIE~

What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you're saying

In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true either is true or becomes true

Brent <3 4/12/05

Jaegermeister
Veteran

Post by Jaegermeister » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:41 pm

Originally posted by GodsChild7@Feb 9 2005, 07:00 PM

I would like to thank everyone for their responses to this question....I have to say that I was very happy with several of them and I am glad that so many of you guys believe in Christ.......Keep up the good work....

[right][/right]

Ok, not to sound like a complete ass, although I know I will, and I blame my years of being jaded and turning cynical and sarcastic towards the entire world for this post, but I really don't give a crap if you hate my answer with a fiery passion. It's not your place to say which answers are right and wrong. You have your personal beliefs and I have mine. You can be happy that so many people's opinions agree with you, but that statement to me was nibbling around the edges of "holier than thou", and just, be more mindful of what you say. Not everyone here believes the same as you and if you want to be an active part of this place you need to respect that. You're not disrespecting anyone, but to me it seems like by placing praise on those who agree with you you seem to be excluding others, and you and those who believe like you (myself partially included I admit) are in a league apart because of your beliefs. I dunno, to me it just sounds a tad hubristic.

tJ
"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?" --OSB

"Be who you are and be that well" --St Francis de Sales.

Suaviter et fortiter

Bunches of love Xena.

DreamPixie
Veteran

Post by DreamPixie » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:44 pm

I agree with TJ....and I do believe in Jesus and said so...but I still found that a bit unsettling.... :/ Just thought you should know. <3

~I<3Mike.

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:37 pm

I agree w/ TJ too...i just couldn't put it into words as wonderfully as he does...

the last part of your comment too "keep up the good work" sorta got under my fingernails like saying that us non-believes weren't doing good work...hmm...

~Jeff~

GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:15 pm

You guys I didnt mean what I said the way that you all took it.....Sorry that you guys thought that was what I was expressing, but its not...I was just soo pleased with the answers that I got and I wanted to thank everyone for their answers...but as for that last part "Keep up the good work" I was encouraging those who do believe in Christ and spread the truth......Sorry if I make anyone mad I dont mean to....

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:43 pm

--nj

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:16 am

xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...

InnocenceLost57
Veteran

Post by InnocenceLost57 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:59 pm

I agree and im totally not trying to be rude....but this is really not the place to covme and try to save people. And no offence meant if that wasn't what you were trying to do. But for me, that keep up the good work thing is one o the reasons I won't be a christian....i dunno how to word it, but its like, i feel like if im a christian, then itll be kinda like "pat her on the head, she's finally doing good like she's supposed to, follow along with all us NORMAL GOOD people, you finally see it our way" type thing. I dunno if that made any sense.

"Pleased with the responses" you say...that sounds like you're smug and you've succeeded in brainwashing several more people. To me, christianity is no better than scientology, when you get into the real conservative intense bible-thumping bits. And again no offence meant, i jsut don't know how else to say it.

I jsut hate it when people try to force things down your throat in the name of doing good and 'saving your soul'. i dont want anyone dripping poison in my ear about others' beliefs - if i go to hell, its my choice to make. if i wanna be saved, then I'll look into it. but in the meantime, don't tell me im wrong just because i dont fit into your little box of what you think is right.

Sorry i kinda went off on a rant....its kinda a pet peeve of mine...lol. :shy:
One minute there was road beneath us

The next just sky

Reach up

And let's propose a toast

To the thing that hurts you most

( /)

(O.o) Copy bunny into your signature to help

( <) him achieve world domination

/_|_

GodsChild7
Loyal

Post by GodsChild7 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:25 am

Originally posted by Paris In Flames+Feb 11 2005, 10:16 AM--
[/right]

[/b]

Hahahaha.

You have no idea how funny you sound to me do you? Try and look at yourself from my point of view. I think you'll find it fucking hilarious. "Spread the truth?" HAHAHA. Holy shit dude...I think you need to look at what you're saying. Are you like this in real life? Do you walk around to people and go, "Do you believe that Jesus is the messiah and blah de blah blah?"

Why do you do it? Does your church tell you to do it?

Unfortunately, I can't prove you wrong, but you can't do the same for me. So quit speaking like it's an actual thing. I think it's wonderful that you're "god's child." Woop de fucking doo, you believe in god. But quit preaching to the unwilling. Go to another place to do that.

Cheers,

Jenna

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Well Jenna, not only does my Church Family encourage me to go "Spread the Turth" but the bible says to spread the gospel and the gospel is the truth...And yes I do go around talking to people about God and about Jesus and what He did..I may not do it as often as I should, which should be several times a day, but I do..the reason that I do it is not only because the bible tells me to, but because I like doing it. I know that people all around me are gonna make fun of me and mock me, but the bible says that they will. People made fun and mocked Jesus but He never gave up, so why should I? He preached to the people whether they wanted to hear it or not, so why shouldnt I? Just because people may not necessarially agree with what I am saying, I am gonna at least try to talk to them the best that I possibly can. And I dont want to try and force anything on anybody, I just like using scripture to back up what I say...

Nj
Veteran

Post by Nj » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:31 am

Originally posted by GodsChild7+Feb 11 2005, 11:25 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Hahahaha.

You have no idea how funny you sound to me do you? Try and look at yourself from my point of view. I think you'll find it fucking hilarious. "Spread the truth?" HAHAHA. Holy shit dude...I think you need to look at what you're saying. Are you like this in real life? Do you walk around to people and go, "Do you believe that Jesus is the messiah and blah de blah blah?"

Why do you do it? Does your church tell you to do it?

Unfortunately, I can't prove you wrong, but you can't do the same for me. So quit speaking like it's an actual thing. I think it's wonderful that you're "god's child." Woop de fucking doo, you believe in god. But quit preaching to the unwilling. Go to another place to do that.

Cheers,

Jenna

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Well Jenna, not only does my Church Family encourage me to go "Spread the Turth" but the bible says to spread the gospel and the gospel is the truth...And yes I do go around talking to people about God and about Jesus and what He did..I may not do it as often as I should, which should be several times a day, but I do..the reason that I do it is not only because the bible tells me to, but because I like doing it. I know that people all around me are gonna make fun of me and mock me, but the bible says that they will. People made fun and mocked Jesus but He never gave up, so why should I? He preached to the people whether they wanted to hear it or not, so why shouldnt I? Just because people may not necessarially agree with what I am saying, I am gonna at least try to talk to them the best that I possibly can. And I dont want to try and force anything on anybody, I just like using scripture to back up what I say...

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

He preached to the people and as result he knowingly killed himself.

We have laws against suicide these days..

If you met me in person and would try to throw around the Jesus this stuff, you'd be longly at some hefty insults and mockery..

I find that whole thing laughable from virgin birth to him gettin strung up..

mathew shepard was strung up in a field, I don't worship him for all the good that he did, I also don't selectively leave out the negative aspects... (and/or remove 18-odd years from his life, supposing he'd made it to 36 or w/e..)

there are other ways of 'backing yourself' like say something logical and scientific.. Not a bedtime story.. Just letting you know of the other side of the coin.. :)
--nj

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:09 am

Hi Everyone!! :)

One of the most difficult things for ANY person to admit is that they 'DO NOT KNOW'. Sure - you may THINK you know - but who doesn't think that?! We all THINK we know. That's why it is so important for each of us to wake up every morning and REMIND ourselves to be HUMBLE. As shocking as it may be - we are often WRONG.

And this applies to ALL of YOU. [including GodsChild7 and everyone who responded to her messages - including ME] Am I saying that WHAT GodsChild7 SAID is wrong OR WHAT some of you SAID in response is WRONG? NO. [not necessarily] What I'm saying is that HOW some of those thoughts were expressed was WRONG. An opinion is NEVER wrong. It is how an opinion is expressed that defines 'right' from 'wrong'. [in a debate]

No one likes to be 'preached at'. But that doesn't just apply to those talking about God and the Bible. Telling someone that 'God is a joke' is just as 'preachy' and just as 'in your face'. There are NO excuses. If I throw water in your face and you - in response - throw water in MY face - YOU are JUST AS GUILTY as I AM of throwing water. Do you understand? You may THINK you're not guilty because YOU have justified what you did - but you are still guilty.

If you are uncomfortable with HOW someone is sharing THEIR opinions - take the high road. Do NOT stoop to their level. Share your opinions in a way that you WISH the other person would have shared their opinions with YOU.

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)