Catholics Pray - Keep Pope Alive. Why?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Catholics Pray - Keep Pope Alive. Why?

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Everyone!! :)

I am absolutely serious when I ask...

WHY did millions of Catholics pray that God keep the Pope ALIVE?!

[if you're a Catholic - perhaps you can explain it to me]

The Pope believes that when he dies - HE will be with God. Is it NOT an act of cruelity then - to ask God to keep the Pope alive? Should not each of those millions of Catholics prayed that the Pope DIES?!

I am truly baffled by this.

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Re: Catholics Pray - Keep Pope Alive. Why?

Post by yoaliens3000 »

i dont see whats so complicated about it. he is a world leader. as a world leader, people look up to him. when any world leader is sick, people will pray for him. it doesnt matter that he believes he will go to heaven and be with God. honestly, i believe that even the pope has judgement day. he doesnt just get a free pass to go to heaven just because he was a high ranking church offical. he gets judged just like you and I. and also, i dont really think the pope has ever said "i believe i will go to heaven when i die." even tho pope is getting old, he is still smart on what he says and how he words things.
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Maybe they want him here a little bit longer to lead them more, and when they pray, they believe he will get better? I don't know, sometimes I guess if you have enough faith in something like that then it might be possible for it to get better, if that makes sence.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames »

Hahaha, he's like, totally senile.

He'll conk out any day now. I know that the Polish are pretty upset because he'll be the only Polish pope to have ruled for a while now....but alas - oh well.

Maybe the next pope will be more accepting.

Cheers,

Jenna
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...
rogueangel
Loyal

Post by rogueangel »

*shrugs*

Can't say I've really ever paid much attention to the pope...

What's wrong with him?
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Originally posted by yoaliens3000@Feb 5 2005, 11:03 AM

he is a world leader. as a world leader, people look up to him.

[right][/right]

He is not nor ever was a world leader...

just thought i would make that clear............
(!)

But craig - yeah i see your pt. but i mean most people just feel that he is like a rule modle and that he should live i guess...

~Jeff~
FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW »

Craig,

Its rather simple the way I see it, as a Catholic I do believe in heaven etc, that doesn't mean I want to die, I mean as human instinct we fight to live, so the pope really isn't any different.

Its also kinda like asking why someone would not want their mother or father to die, I mean if one of my parent's where on their death bed, I would be praying for them, and many people of the Faith look up to the Pope as a "father figure", so honestly I don't see where you are all confused.....

and Jeff he is a world leader in my opinion so there is no need to make that clear, because it is not a fact, its opinoin, he is just as much a world leader as Bush or any other person in a position of great power and authority. Regardless of faith or lack of people world wide look up to the Pope as an important person, regardless lets stay on topic.....

-My thoughts

-Jared
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig »

Hi Everyone!! :)

I appreciate the responses AND understand what some of you are saying...

BUT....

Isn't the whole 'sales pitch' of the 'church' the 'promise' of a wonderful after-life with God when you DIE? An existance free of pain - free of sickness - free of death, etc.? Then why is it [so goes the Pope question] that the closer a 'believer' gets to death - the more fearful of the after-life he/she becomes? I'm all but certain that most Catholics believe that the Pope has a 'get into heaven free' card - so why pray that he STAYS and continues to SUFFER?! [he has Parkinson's Disease - among other problems] I'm not actually baffled by WHY people do it - because I realize that human being are selfish. But it's still somewhat amusing - don't you think? [not to mention - 'disappointing'] Here I am [let's say] trying to convince you to follow ME to some magical place - and the closer I get to it - the more terrified OF 'it' I become. Not very re-assuring is it?!

I may be unusual - but I don't ALWAYS pray that God keep someone ALIVE. Sometimes - death is the greatest blessing of all.

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)
Beautiful
Veteran

Post by Beautiful »

Hun, its in human nature to fear death. Most people aren't for sure there is a heaven or hell, or whats going to happen if they go to hell/ if they go to hell, ext. I don't think its being selfish, i mean. hes eventually going to die soon anyway.
Little Miss F*cker,

Don't Move An Inch

I looked at myself

So many things I hate in me

So many things are so hard to believe

I can hear the whole world calling me

Used to be all that i wanted

You to see all that i you to be

does anyone care

Add me.

myspace

*Jamie*

Travis Michael <3.

Born Feb 9th, 2007

He has owns heart. :)
yoaliens3000
Veteran

Post by yoaliens3000 »

Originally posted by ~*~AiM_uSeR~*~+Feb 6 2005, 12:19 AM--
[/right]

[/b]

He is not nor ever was a world leader...

just thought i would make that clear............
(!)

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

so your saying the pope... the leader of over a billion people, leader of over four million priests, nuns, decons, ect - isnt a world leader? :rolleyes:

just beause he isnt a leader to you, doesnt mean he isnt a leader. talk a bout being arrogant and selfish, jeeze. seriously jeff, who are you kidding. you seem to have forgotten by 3 step guide to posting again.
5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 »

well i'm Polish and even though i barely practice my religion or go to church or anything like that i love the Pope, i just do he's this amazing fragile yet strong man who's done a world of good, i dont get jenna why would u say he's not accepting i dont agree with all his beliefs but he's the first Pope ever to visit with leaders of all religions unlike other popes who wouldnt think of that, idk i love him cause we both come from the same country and i see how much he misses Poland and it's incredibly touching to me how he sacrificed himself
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come