A Girl With A Patch On Her Sleeve

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

CanadaCraig
Veteran

A Girl With A Patch On Her Sleeve

Post by CanadaCraig » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:36 am

Hi Everyone!! :)

Last night - I was at 'Future Shop' with my brother. [a big stereo/dvd/cd store] While I was looking at some of the new DVD releases [I love DVD's!!] a young girl [woman?] walked up next to me. She was also looking at the new DVD's. On the sleeve of her jacket was something I have never seen before. That 'something' really upset me. It was a very simple 'patch' that had a cross [a 'Jesus' cross] on it. But that wasn't all. The cross had a red coloured circle around it AND a straight red line through it. [just like you would see the letter 'P' with a red circle around 'it' AND through 'it' to indicate 'no parking'] I wasn't upset with the girl. I was QUICKLY angered - however - by whoever it might have been who caused that girl to have such a negative feeling towards God and Jesus.

IF you EVER want to see me get REALLY pissed off - just HURT someone's feelings in the 'name of God'. Nothing angers me more than someone USING GOD in order to either shame someone and/or to gain some sort of CONTROL over someone. And as you all know - that happens ALL the time.

No doubt - someone who CLAIMS to believe in God - HURT that girl - and shame on THEM.

I wanted to whisper into that girl's ear, "not everyone who believes in Jesus is a fuck head!!"

GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!! :)
"It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL!!"

Be sure to LIKE my Love The Bully Facebook Page!

Please visit 'Cambilar'! It's where you'll find my eBooks!

I am a 54 year old guy from Canada!! :)

FranklinF
Veteran

Re: A Girl With A Patch On Her Sleeve

Post by FranklinF » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:29 am

omg.... thats sad i shall add her to my prayer list..... Craig are you a christian? if you are i hadnt a clue but im clueless about alot of things lately-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:20 pm

No, what she's doing is perfectly fine.

Christian's hurt LOADS of other people "in the name of the lord." Oh my god, gay people? ::gasp:: We're GOING TO HELL in their eyes, and they TELL us this.

This is ridiculous. She wasn't hurting anybody in the name of the lord, she has something called freedom of speech.

Craig - I think you should walk into a catholic church and tell them all you're gay. Oh gosh, they'd be hurting you in the name of the lord.

Cheers,

Jenna

P.S. I don't mean to sound bitchy, but like...::le sigh:: Everybody gets hurts.
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:01 pm

Hi Jenna!! :)

I think you MIGHT want to re-read my message!! :)

It wasn't about that girl hurting people in the 'name of the Lord'.

It was about PEOPLE hurting that GIRL in the 'name of the Lord'.

And yes - LostMySanity - I am a Christian. [at least a 'Christian' to the best of my ability]

GREAT BIG HUG

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:57 pm

I don't know Craig. It's questionable whether somebody hurt her in the name of God. For example, when I was in high school, about 40% of my friends had went to a catholic school most of their lives. When I was a senior (they were seniors, juniors, and a few sophmores), NONE of them recognized themselves as Christian. Most of them are atheist and others were undecided. I think that in some cases where there's a girl like this, it's religious "buronout" of sorts or teenage rebellion. Though, you're right, in other cases, it can be someone that hurt her. Whatever it was, hopefully she finds her way soon.
"Yeah, I'm a great lesbian. Are you a good lesbian, Doug?" - Jenna

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:56 pm

Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:03 am

Hey hun, i think that what she did was good....

If you are offended by her wearing that, then thats like me saying im offended when people wear a cross around their neck.

Its not about people who have been hurt, i sure don't believe in god, but its not because i have been hurt. Its because when i think logically about it, nothing i ever prayed about it came true. Even simple things didn't come true and i sat there and thought logically about it and realized that it was total bullshit in my eyes. To picture a "god" in a heaven area looking down on us making every thing happen always gives me the giggles...haha...

What she did was in no way disrect. It was saying "I do not believe in god" as in wearing a cross states "I believe in god"

I think what she did was actaully pretty cool and pretty respectful.

And to say that to her wouldn't help and putting her on the "prayer list" won't help either, hunny...

Its about what you beleive in. I personally don't know if i would go on the extream of wearing that, but i do think that what she did was respectful and in no way something that should anger you...

~Jeff~

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:45 am

Originally posted by SirPostAlot@Mar 4 2005, 08:03 PM

Its about what you beleive in. I personally don't know if i would go on the extream of wearing that, but i do think that what she did was respectful and in no way something that should anger you...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

I hope that wearing a rainbow in that same circle with a slash wouldn't offend you either and that you would see it as being respectful. :huh:

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:57 am

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:03 am

Hi PurplePoemPuppet!! :)

No kidding - BOTH of your responses to this topic have been nothing short of brilliant. And your comment regarding a 'rainbow' is - well - as OI said - a 'great point'. Good for you!!

GREAT BIG HUG

ps Hi ~Jeff~ - you make a few good arguments - but please keep in mind - MY message was NOT about the girl!! :)

scarred_for_life
Loyal

Post by scarred_for_life » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:51 am

hey people, shes not against christianity, she just listens to a punk band called bad religion and thats their sign. and no theyre not completely against jesus and the church and stuff...sorry that it offended u guys so much, but theyre a really good band too...toodles :alien:
He swears he didn't mean to...he was just cleaning it and then it went off...:)

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:12 pm

4. There will be no disrespect to others including but not limited to: Users, Administrators, Moderators, Super-Moderators, or anyone on these forums. This also means no pointing fingers. If you do not agree with the persons' opinion, you are expected to be open-minded and courteous to them.

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:13 pm

CanadaCraig
Veteran

Post by CanadaCraig » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:44 pm

....and religious is just a mental hallucination that people believe...

Hi ~Jeff~!! :)

Maybe I DO need glasses. Did you REALLY say that?!

GREAT BIG HUG

Doug
Veteran

Post by Doug » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:49 pm

Yeah Craig, he really said that. :(

CausticTears
Veteran

Post by CausticTears » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:09 pm

Woah, a band?! Lmao

Google Images for Bad Religion
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

-Leo Buscaglia

[HT Chat Room ][ HT Articles ]

Get your badges

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:40 pm

Yes, Bad Religion used that symbol on the cover of their album "Back to the Known EP" which was released in November of 1999. Here's their website: Bad Religion Website. Usually when there's a patch like that there's some other sort of suggestion of support for that band (but ya know, maybe there wasn't).

Regardless of what it was, that symbol strikes a chord with people as being very suggestive of disrespect in the belief of Jesus Christ (or in religion in and of itself). Obviously this happened with our dear Craig here, who usually rather calm and seems slow to get flustered.

By the way, thank you Craig for your kind comments (you too OI!)

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:30 pm

Just for the record what i said was not to be taken offensivly...

I use wrong words at time...i read "hallucinations" to be things in a persons head not actually fake things...

Religion no matter what you are is in your head...because you believe it and can't see it...

I dunno...

But for the record, what i said was not to be taken offensivly, and im sorry to those who took it wrongly...

~Jeff~

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:32 am

Jeff hun, I just want to make a point. Put homosexuality in the statement you made previously... about it "being in your head." To a homosexual, it's not just "in your head." To a religious person, it's not just "in their heads." When a religious person tries to look in on homosexuality when they don't accept it and especially don't understand it because they are straight, they may just see it as being something that is in your head. Just the same that you think religion to a religious person is in their head.

Wheretogo
Veteran

Post by Wheretogo » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:18 am

i think it goes along with the bad religion think.... and i was told that it was a band or something like that... i have seen bunny hugs like that.... its not exactly waht you think it is, but it sounds exactly like bad religion to me. you can find clothing with a cross in a red circle with a line trough it. exactly like the no parking signs. so it sounds to me as if she was supporting the band Bad Religion. not really the end fo the world... or christianity either.
Why give up, why give in?

It's not enough, it never is.

So I will go on until
the end.

We've become desolate.

It's not enough, it never
is.

But I will go on until the end.

I've lost my way.

I've lost my way, but I will go on until the end.

Living is
hard enough

Without you fucking up.

Until The End - Breaking Benjamin