Going To Hell

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

candela
Needs Another Hobby

Going To Hell

Post by candela » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:59 pm

yea ummm i was kinda being an ass and stuff and well at a youth group meeting i couldnt just keep my mouth shut when our leader was askingsome questions and yea we got in an arguement. i just couldnt make myself stop talking and i basically said that i knew i was going to hell nad it didnt bother me and that i thought most of them were gonna go to hell to. so yeah ..... my youth leader just started crying and was like - what made you like that ? what hurt you that badly? andi was just like ooo crap what did i do -- so yea - now i dont really know what to say or if i should even go to youth group anymore. advice or comments?
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Re: Going To Hell

Post by SirPostAlot » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:49 pm

I say that if you want to be catholic or w/e religion you are, to continue to go to youth group...

If not then don't...

I mean religious people do get offended easily...my one school teacher is the catholic youth group teacher and i said that we should skip church on a JH trip and she flipped out on me...

It shouldn't matter if you think she wants you there...what matters is if YOU want to go back...

~Jeff~

Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:45 pm

I think you could go back to the youth group and apoligize sincerely...since you really do feel bad about saying that.

If you really are interested in staying in the youth group and if you want to learn about the religion, that's a different story.

People don't like it when someone says slander or blasphemizes (sorry I don't know the right word) their religious beliefs...it can hurt someone greatly to their inner core.

Go back the next time and say you're sorry.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!

candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:07 pm

i did eamil her and apologise and stuff- but she knows alot of stuff that ive been going through so ...she wasnt mad but she said she really worries about me. and when i asked her if she wanted me to stop coming to club she said no she thinks i should keep coming so i went tonight and u get one guess on what the lesson was. Commitment to Christ. and guess who just couldnt keep their motuh sht and not argue AGAIN. Me of course i swear its like i cant help it - i always aregue and as much as i want to believe everything i just have so many what ifs and arguments and contradictions - its almost like its against my nature to be a Chrsitian. I ve tried soo many times to get this religion thing right andf it never works for me - what am i supposed to do?
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."

FiZzBaW
Veteran

Post by FiZzBaW » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 pm

Friend,

I commend you for apologizing to your youth group leader.

My advice is that as a Christian you are CALLED to question things, you are NOT to blindly follow the inturpretations of others. Its not that you should argue, but you should read the scripture yourself and see what your heart tells you.

At any given time you can open the Bible, read a passage, and then read it again a fews weeks later and it will mean something totally different to you. Thats how God works in my opinion....

Its not that you are not "cut out to be" Christian, its that you are perfectly fit to be Christian, the only way to be true to a faith is to question and find the truth for yourself.... You will find you usually end up with the same answers as others tell you, but its soo much more fullfilling to find the truth yourself first..

-Hope this helps and God Bless

-Jared
Click to Email Me

AIM: fizzbaw05

Visit our Live Chat or use IRC: irc.helpingteens.org

----

"I helped save Jericho!" Facebook Group

Michie
Veteran

Post by Michie » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:54 pm

Well what did your group leader think when you spoke up?

Maybe she doesn't think it is such a big threat...or maybe she does.

Look, lots of people disagree with what their religion teaches them. It's normal to doubt the values that are taught to us, or instilled in us, like "commitment to christ." We have to think as individuals. Maybe you don't believe in devoting your life to religion , though the bible seems to tell you to.

I don't see anything wrong with disagreeing with some beliefs that are presented in a religion, whether Christianity or Islam or Judaism (plus all the others).

Heck, in my philosophy class last year we had people arguing all the time, and we have the same religion!

So in my opinion, just because you disagree on somes ideas within a religion doesn't mean that you don't belong in that group. It depends how much you like going there and if you feel the group is helping you grow. It sounds like your youth leader is very caring and sympathetic, and I think that is a good thing; maybe you can turn to her when you are having problems.
My tears will be hidden behind this fake grin

You can see me through these metal bars-I won't let you in

It's my life and I screwed it-You're not to blame

And though I keep on trying, it's so hard to change.

-Steph

My email- [email=""]steph_w_3000@hotmail.com[/email]

Email me if you wanna talk!

NeverReallySeen
Veteran

Post by NeverReallySeen » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:53 pm

sweetie, i understand. its hard to make the decision, but i think u should definetely go back! work things out with everyone. talk to god, or what ever u believe in. hunny, just talk to ur youth leader. she'll understand. hang in there hun
To be nobody but yourself in a world thats doing its best to make you somebody

else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.

You do anything long enough to escape the habit of living,

Until the escape becomes the habit.

Everything is ok in the end.

If its not, then its not the end.

5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:38 am

i think if u go there, then u should have the right to speak ur mind, if it offends other people then they have the right to tell u what they think but dont go if u have to pretend to be nice and stuff, u should feel comfortable there and know that those people will be there for u
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come