Religion.

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Re: Religion.

Post by Rose'nShannenRox » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:24 pm

Originally posted by SirPostAlot+Jun 25 2005, 09:56 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Who isn't afraid of death?

I mean yeah there are people who say they dont but deep inside they are afraid...

*sorry, just had to point that out...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

And how exactly would you know that?

Whats about death to be afraid of?

Maybe how you die is what people are really afraid of...

I'm not scared because I know i will go to heaven on judgement day :D but thats me
Im a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast.I have stepped over the line.The decision has been made. Im a disciple of His.I wont look back,let up,slow down,back away,or be still...

My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my Guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,deluded,or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of the adversary,negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I wont give up,shut up,let up,untill i have stayed up,stored up,prayed up,paid up,preached up for the cause of Christ.I am a disciple of Jesus.I must go till He comes,give till i drop,preach till all know,and work till He stops me; and when He comes for His own,He will have no problem recognizing me-my banner will be clear!

-African pastor in Zimbabwe

Lena
Veteran

Post by Lena » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:16 pm

Originally posted by SirPostAlot+Jun 26 2005, 03:56 AM--
[/right]

[/b]

Who isn't afraid of death?

I mean yeah there are people who say they dont but deep inside they are afraid...

*sorry, just had to point that out...

~Jeff~

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

There are people who aren't afraid of death.

Jeff, hun, never assume things. You don't have the facts, so you can't know for sure, unless you are TOLD.

Personally, I don't exactly fear death, although I do have a healthy amount of apprehension, since it is both final and 'unknown territory'. If I was told I had 6 months (or 6 hours) to live, I would be fine with knowing I was going to die. I wouldn't be -afraid- of it.

Anyway, enough rambling.

The reason I brought up the fact, was that the fear of death and doubts in God seem to go hand in hand in this case. It seems logical to confront both together, instead of forgetting about one, seeing as they are so closely linked.

Take care,

Lena.
Woman can not live on tea or chocolate alone.... but she can give it a damn good try.

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:12 pm

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 26 2005, 02:16 PM

There are people who aren't afraid of death.

Jeff, hun, never assume things. You don't have the facts, so you can't know for sure, unless you are TOLD.

Personally, I don't exactly fear death, although I do have a healthy amount of apprehension, since it is both final and 'unknown territory'. If I was told I had 6 months (or 6 hours) to live, I would be fine with knowing I was going to die. I wouldn't be -afraid- of it.

Anyway, enough rambling.

The reason I brought up the fact, was that the fear of death and doubts in God seem to go hand in hand in this case. It seems logical to confront both together, instead of forgetting about one, seeing as they are so closely linked.

Take care,

Lena.

[right][/right]

I am just saying that everyone has a fear of death, even ifs its a slight fear...

I mean there are parts of me that aren't afraid of death but my biggest fear is when...

I am sorta an anal person and everything that should be organized better be done right...If im at work and there is a table set wrong, i have to fix it...And knowing that someday i will die and i do not knwo when or how, thats the part i am scared of...I would love to be able to make sure my family has enough finances to take care of my death...My family is not economically stable at all and dieing would put more stress on them, economically and emotionally ~ so thats another main reason why I fear death...

But i bet everyone is afraid of death in one reason or another...it could be the largest reason or a minute reason, but everyone has a fear or partial fear of death...

Im not trying to agrue, hunny, im just making a point...

:hug:

~Jeff~

Britt
Veteran

Post by Britt » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:18 pm

Well, I am not afraid of death. I used to be. After I became a Christian and learned of what will happen to me when I die, I look forward to death. I am not afraid of how I will die. Any way is fine. I know I will go to heaven and that is all that matters.

To the original poster: consider what Lena said. She could be on to something there.

XTorn2PiecesLPX
Veteran

Post by XTorn2PiecesLPX » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:11 am

You can do all the research you want but no living person KNOWS for a fact what happens after death. I think Lena's advice was the best.......

Jeff, Im agreeing and disagreeing with you. My best friend is Catholic and Jewish so i know its possible, thats the agree, and the disagree is i am NOT nor never will be scared of death.....
Cause I am stricken and cant let you go ~Disturbed

The prettiest people do the ugliest things ~ K. West

Do you pull me up just to push me down again ~Mudvayne

And when Im gone just carry on, dont morn, rejoyce everytime you hear the sound of my voice just know that im lookin down on you smiling and i didnt feel a thing so baby dont feel my pain just smile back

GodLovesU_929
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by GodLovesU_929 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:49 pm

i had my fight with my religion throughout the middle of my last school year. But i've settled it and mad my possition with god my own.

I agree the religious battle can be frusterating :wallbash: and tireing.

Christianity is basicly a garantee to Heavan. Basicly your going to heaven as long as you leave it in gods hands, follow the bible and dont have the annoying attitude that goes, I believe in god and i'm going to heaven no matter what so i can do whatever i want...... cus you cant!!!!!

It's all really confusing trust me and it's hard to explain so you kinda have to find it yourself. but whatever path you send your life down, god still loves you :wub:
God loves you no matter what you do.

God Favors niether the weaknor the strong, god favors the faithful

LOOK AT MY ART HERE:

Girman at DEVIANT ART

Loyal

Post by 309756 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:42 pm

I would try the following:

Read some Scripture. Begin in the Gospels. See if you find evidence of Jesus's message having an effect on you.

Basically, the premise of mainline Christianity argues that because Jesus died to save our sins, we are saved either through his redeeming death (conservative evangelicals) or through following his example of perfect obedience to God (liberal Catholics or reform Protestants).

You cannot say that because you are a Christian you are guaranteed to go to heaven, however. Calvinism, the most conservative branch of Protestant Christianity, argues that God knows before you are born whether you will go to heaven or not. Arminianism argues that your actions influence God's judging decision (what you do on Earth is what decides whether you go to hevaen or not). Catholic beliefs incorporate the completion of the seven sacraments and stints in purgatory for the sins committed while on Earth. So we have not only a diverse group of opinions, but also a great deal of controversy.

So... if the Bible alone cannot convince you, set up a private appointment with a pastor or start an email correspondence. Ask your questions. Me, I'm hoping to major in comparative religion in college, so maybe I could be a resource too. PM me or email me or AIM me.