Angry At God

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Jesykah ^_^
Veteran

Angry At God

Post by Jesykah ^_^ » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:11 pm

So, I'm like angry at God right now. And it's weird, because I'm not even sure that I believe in God. But, I just want to why he choses to do fucked up things to decent people? Like, why is it that I can't really ever be happy? Why is it always me? Why do I have to be the way that I am? It's just, sad. And... if I ever didn't believe in God, this is only making it like, so much worse. I guess basically I'm just asking why, and I'm just losing any faith that I had left.
<span style="font-family:optima" J E S S I C A [/b]

<span style="color:orange"Jessica's MySpace. Go on, click it.

turtbub
Veteran

Re: Angry At God

Post by turtbub » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:28 pm

What you have to think about (and I know this is really hard) is that God has a bigger plan. That we can't see. And yeah, He puts people through horrible things. I went through my parent's painful divorce and lost all faith. But, you know what, I have it back.

I honestly don't know why bad things happen to good people. Maybe to show you that you still need God.

But don't lose faith. And don't lose hope. He's still there. Keep praying and believing and holding on. He'll give you something good soon. I hope.

:hug: H
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.

Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Post by Rose'nShannenRox » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:33 pm

Im a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast.I have stepped over the line.The decision has been made. Im a disciple of His.I wont look back,let up,slow down,back away,or be still...

My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my Guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,deluded,or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of the adversary,negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I wont give up,shut up,let up,untill i have stayed up,stored up,prayed up,paid up,preached up for the cause of Christ.I am a disciple of Jesus.I must go till He comes,give till i drop,preach till all know,and work till He stops me; and when He comes for His own,He will have no problem recognizing me-my banner will be clear!

-African pastor in Zimbabwe

xJuliex
Needs Another Hobby

Post by xJuliex » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:03 am

Like everyone else said, God has a bigger plan and wants to bring us closer to him.

The book "The Bloodstone Chronicles" is a really good book to read. It's not about God really, it's fantasy, but it explains how God feels towards his creation and stuff. You'd just have to read it to understand.

If you need someone to talk to, advice, whatever, I'm here. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ONE TREE HILL RULES!!!

5a5
Veteran

Post by 5a5 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:22 am

Originally posted by Jesykah ^_^@Jul 5 2005, 01:11 PM

So, I'm like angry at God right now. And it's weird, because I'm not even sure that I believe in God. But, I just want to why he choses to do fucked up things to decent people? Like, why is it that I can't really ever be happy? Why is it always me? Why do I have to be the way that I am? It's just, sad. And... if I ever didn't believe in God, this is only making it like, so much worse. I guess basically I'm just asking why, and I'm just losing any faith that I had left.

[right][/right]

i completely know where you're coming from , i dont belive in that whole bigger plan or everything happens for a reason stuff, im not into religion or god much either, the way i see it life is what you make of it, it's easier to blame god for all that happens but in reality i think it's up to you to fix whatever u want fixed in your life, because u're capable of doing anything u set ur mind to
Now you'll find with everything you lose

Your path clears with everything you choose

Is there someway I can show you

The best is yet to come

junglemonkey
Veteran

Post by junglemonkey » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:50 pm

Jesykah,

Bad things happen to good people. The world can be a cruel place. But do you really think a loving God would do something bad to you to spite you? Of course not. We may not understand all the reasons for why things happen but when things are hard I believe even more that God will keep me safe and help me through it.

Going through hardships is when our faith is really tested, and it's your choice how you see it. You can see it as God punishing you, or you can be strong in the faith that God will keep you strong :)

I don't know what religion you are, but I'm Christian and I found that listening to Christian music and sermons can help me restore my faith!
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:45 pm

In the Bible, it talks about G-d testing Job's faith to see how strong it was. He made Job lose his job, his house which had collapsed on his family and killed them and his wife left Job. But when G-d realised that Job had not lost his faith, He made everything better again (except, Job did'nt get his kids back because they had been splattered by the house falling on them).

I guess sometimes G-d wants to test our faith and see how strong it really is. This is'nt nessecraily the right thing to do, but G-d operates in strange ways. Plus, I also think that those who have a harder life will be rewarded in the end...Life has never been easy and I think its unfair how some people have a somewhat easy life. If you want to talk, you can always IM me. :hug:

~*~Ruth~*~
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future

sarahbeara
Loyal

Post by sarahbeara » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:13 pm

idk, my faith goes in and out too, but theres a quote i remember,

"god doesnt promise bad things will never happen, his promise is that hell be with us when they do"

idk, i just found this insightful, and just know that he loves you, he really truly does. and you can never do anythign to make him stop loving you.

luv and luck~sarah
"It's not enough.

I need more.

Nothing seems to satisfy.

I don't want it.

I just need it.

To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

~TOOL

Doodle takes Dad's scissors to her skin

And when she does relief comes setting in

While she hides the scars she's making underneath her pretty clothes

She sings:

Hey baby can you bleed like me?

C'mon baby can you bleed like me

~garbage

stay gold ponyboy stay gold~

Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Post by Rose'nShannenRox » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:02 pm

Originally posted by sarahbeara@Jul 9 2005, 11:13 AM

idk, my faith goes in and out too, but theres a quote i remember,

"god doesnt promise bad things will never happen, his promise is that hell be with us when they do"

idk, i just found this insightful, and just know that he loves you, he really truly does. and you can never do anythign to make him stop loving you.

luv and luck~sarah

[right][/right]

use punctuation, its

God doesn promise bad thigns will never happen. his promise is that he'll be with us when they do.

at first i was like he doesnt prmise Hell....had to reread it a couple times to get it.
Im a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast.I have stepped over the line.The decision has been made. Im a disciple of His.I wont look back,let up,slow down,back away,or be still...

My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my Guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,deluded,or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of the adversary,negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I wont give up,shut up,let up,untill i have stayed up,stored up,prayed up,paid up,preached up for the cause of Christ.I am a disciple of Jesus.I must go till He comes,give till i drop,preach till all know,and work till He stops me; and when He comes for His own,He will have no problem recognizing me-my banner will be clear!

-African pastor in Zimbabwe

turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:12 pm

I got it right away...

But anyway, I also love that quote. There's something like that in a Ginny Owens song. She says, "But You never said it would be easy, You only said I'll never go alone." :)

I like that.

Jess, things can be so hard like what you're dealing with now. But that doesn't mean you're going through them alone.

:hug:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.

sarahbeara
Loyal

Post by sarahbeara » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:54 pm

exactly. i totally agree w/turtbub. and sorry Rose'nShannenRox, i just never use punctuation. im too lazy.

~sarah
"It's not enough.

I need more.

Nothing seems to satisfy.

I don't want it.

I just need it.

To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

~TOOL

Doodle takes Dad's scissors to her skin

And when she does relief comes setting in

While she hides the scars she's making underneath her pretty clothes

She sings:

Hey baby can you bleed like me?

C'mon baby can you bleed like me

~garbage

stay gold ponyboy stay gold~

GodLovesU_929
Hooked On HelpingTeens

Post by GodLovesU_929 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:54 pm

well if you went to the bible you'd probably find the answer. There was a man named Jobe, he had everything he could ever want. And god took everything away exept his wife and his life. And after god established to Jobe that he was in controll that he made all things happen jobe understood this and God returned everything to jobe and more. :wub:
God loves you no matter what you do.

God Favors niether the weaknor the strong, god favors the faithful

LOOK AT MY ART HERE:

Girman at DEVIANT ART