Mormon Missionaries

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Re: Mormon Missionaries

Post by A! Elbereth » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:01 am

Those silly mormons :D
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.

Paris In Flames
Veteran

Post by Paris In Flames » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:08 pm

Originally posted by A! Elbereth@Aug 11 2005, 04:01 AM

Those silly mormons :D

[right][/right]

Conversions are for measuring spoons.
xMOSHx xHELLA HARDCOREx xBREAKDOWNx

The tragedy is the ignorance behind the clean casket

On the outside, they look so good

They're walking to Wallstreet in a straightjacket...

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:36 am

Originally posted by Paris In Flames+Aug 11 2005, 12:08 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

Conversions are for measuring spoons.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

Or for, you know, me. Not to Mormonism, though.
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:08 am

Come on people, you're supposed to be respectful of other religions and denominations. There might be Mormons on HT for all you know, and they respect your values (probably), so why don't we respect theirs? :)

~*~Ruth~*~
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future

Loyal

Post by 309756 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:00 am

I am cognizant of this and I never intended for this thread to become anti-LDS; rather, I was just asking about whether it was right for them to foist their book on me.

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:46 pm

Originally posted by pandasandpenguins@Aug 14 2005, 08:00 AM

I am cognizant of this and I never intended for this thread to become anti-LDS; rather, I was just asking about whether it was right for them to foist their book on me.

[right][/right]

I wouldn't really call it foisting, as I understand you can always just close the door.
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

Loyal

Post by 309756 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:43 pm

Very true. But what if I just wanted to debate theology with them? I mean, it's different, right?

I just didn't appreciate having to deal with my third copy of the Book of Mormon, that's all.

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:44 am

Originally posted by pandasandpenguins@Aug 14 2005, 08:43 PM

Very true. But what if I just wanted to debate theology with them? I mean, it's different, right?

I just didn't appreciate having to deal with my third copy of the Book of Mormon, that's all.

[right][/right]

I suppose it could get inconvenient if you have qualms about discarding or recycling someone else's sacred text, then yeah. Myself, I'd just recycle it or something.

Loyal

Post by 309756 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:36 am

Hee hee. I recycled it!

I'm an environmentally friendly theological debater!

:-P

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:25 am

Originally posted by pandasandpenguins@Aug 14 2005, 10:36 PM

Hee hee. I recycled it!

I'm an environmentally friendly theological debater!

:-P

[right][/right]

Nice :-)

Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Post by Rose'nShannenRox » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:37 pm

Mormons claim to be christians right...then why do they have a mormon bible? and same for JW...a lot of their bible iss re-written to fit what they believe, a lot of their teachigns come from the writting of their founder (JW's)...ive researched their religion...if they really want to group themselves into the 'CHristian' catagory, then why not use the bible everyone elses use?

Think about it...

And more specificly on the topic, if your going to be a missionary...you must humble yourself to a servent, become on of them. Not just go house to house and say this is what we believe and you should too or you will go to hell.

I just went on a Christian missions trip to Africa...they will know we are Christians by our love, if you arn't willing to lay your life down for the gospel...then you arn't mean to spread it.

We went into the tin shacks and houses made of clay...washed dirty clothes...clean dirt floors (and that is hard my friend!) and plant gardens so they are able to eat...and in doing that good service and developing a relationship first then jsut sharing what we believe...sharing our testimony...and letting them know that we care for them. We never told them you will go to hell if you don' believe...we didn't even mention it. They have bibles, they can read it on their own.

God gave us free will. They either choose it or not...if they dont we are like 'Ok, thats Fine...would you like us to pray for you before we leave?' (the people in South Africa believed in God, but also prayed to their anscesters)

Althought I do no agree with what htey believe in. THey are still Gods children, and we should treat them as such...just as Jesus would do.
Im a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast.I have stepped over the line.The decision has been made. Im a disciple of His.I wont look back,let up,slow down,back away,or be still...

My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my Guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,deluded,or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of the adversary,negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I wont give up,shut up,let up,untill i have stayed up,stored up,prayed up,paid up,preached up for the cause of Christ.I am a disciple of Jesus.I must go till He comes,give till i drop,preach till all know,and work till He stops me; and when He comes for His own,He will have no problem recognizing me-my banner will be clear!

-African pastor in Zimbabwe

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:34 pm

Originally posted by Rose'nShannenRox@Aug 15 2005, 11:37 AM

Mormons claim to be christians right...then why do they have a mormon bible? and same for JW...a lot of their bible iss re-written to fit what they believe, a lot of their teachigns come from the writting of their founder (JW's)...ive researched their religion...if they really want to group themselves into the 'CHristian' catagory, then why not use the bible everyone elses use?

Think about it...

And more specificly on the topic, if your going to be a missionary...you must humble yourself to a servent, become on of them. Not just go house to house and say this is what we believe and you should too or you will go to hell.

I just went on a Christian missions trip to Africa...they will know we are Christians by our love, if you arn't willing to lay your life down for the gospel...then you arn't mean to spread it.

We went into the tin shacks and houses made of clay...washed dirty clothes...clean dirt floors (and that is hard my friend!) and plant gardens so they are able to eat...and in doing that good service and developing a relationship first then jsut sharing what we believe...sharing our testimony...and letting them know that we care for them. We never told them you will go to hell if you don' believe...we didn't even mention it. They have bibles, they can read it on their own.

God gave us free will. They either choose it or not...if they dont we are like 'Ok, thats Fine...would you like us to pray for you before we leave?' (the people in South Africa believed in God, but also prayed to their anscesters)

Althought I do no agree with what htey believe in. THey are still Gods children, and we should treat them as such...just as Jesus would do.

[right][/right]

That is completely irrelevant to what we're talking about. We're talking about the door-to-door missionizing Mormons do, not whether or not they fit your definition of Christian.

Loyal

Post by 309756 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:38 pm

Right. Mormon theology should be in a different thread. And I suspect that would be a contentious thread.

However, they have the right to share their beliefs and also to be loved as any person does.