Busy Signal.

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

AWasteOfPaint
Loyal

Busy Signal.

Post by AWasteOfPaint » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:00 am

i thought i knew god once. i was happy then. now im not sure of anything, god doesnt make any sense, none of this makes any sense. its as if im screaming to god and all im getting is a busy signal. and maybe im screaming to nothing at all. im beginning to think that my prayers go no further than my own skull; my prayers are nothing and im alone.

-jessi. :rain:
what a long strange trip its been

FranklinF
Veteran

Re: Busy Signal.

Post by FranklinF » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:22 am

i know how you feel, even as a christian i feel that way alot. you just have to keep with it and have faith that God will hear and answer. you just need to remember that God works on his own time not ours.-MARY
[center]Every once in a while, you stop in moments.

The ones that are life changing.

They edit your thinking.

They make your heart grow.

[/center]

turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:51 am

Sometimes, when you distance yourself from God, it's hard to believe that He's hearing your prayers. Praying is a lot about faith.

Say that you're going sky diving. You're wearing a parachute and it's right on your back. So you jump out of the plane and you're falling down. It's time to pull the chord and release the parachute, but you don't really believe that the chute will open. Or that it's even there. You tug on the chord, but just a little tug. So the chute doesn't open and you crash.

This is kind of the same thing. You have to BELIEVE that God is going to hear and listen to your prayers. Otherwise, you're only giving a little tug and you're going to crash.

:hug:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:07 pm

hun i am in the same boat as you...

i looked at god logically and thought about my prayers and thought about what the purpose of what i was doing...

i realized that my prayers were going no where and it didn't matter if i believed in him or not...

all you have to do is believe in yourself and life the way you want and you will feel like a huge weight was taken off your sholders when you realize there is not an actual god...at least thats how i felt...at first i was very concerned and tried to find god, but i sat down and thought about the whole faith, laughed at my wasted years in believing in an upper being, and moved on w/ my life and haven't been happier...

~Jeff~

AWasteOfPaint
Loyal

Post by AWasteOfPaint » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:51 pm

but what if i dont believe in myself, and i dont believe life can bring me much good. about a year ago, the only thing keeping me from doing myself in was my faith in god. but now i dont have that. so..... i guess theres not much left.

-Jessi.

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:30 pm

G-d always answers our prayers. Sometimes, though, the answer is "no." Just trust that He knows what's best.
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:33 pm

well if your faith is what keeps you sane, then try to find out why you are feeling against it...

but you should find the real you and have that be your salvation verses trying to find it elsewhere...

people can say that god just says "no" to our prayers, but thinking about it logically - its just saying that god controls everything in our lives and we have no control, which i highly disagree w/...

so just sit down and think deep into yourself and find something that you love...it might be something as big as your personaltiy or your body....or something small like your laugh or your toenails...but just find something that you love and know that since there is one thing about yourself that you love, there must be others...

or just live life one day at a time and see where life takes you, either way, there doesn't need to be faith in your plans...

~Jeff~

AWasteOfPaint
Loyal

Post by AWasteOfPaint » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:31 pm

[quote]

G-d always answers our prayers. Sometimes, though, the answer is "no." Just trust that He knows what's best.

[right][/right]

[/quot

im going to go ahead and refuse to believe that if i am to pray to a supposed loving god to please take away this ache and these longings to commit suicide and to please take me back.... that if there is such a god, he would simply turn his gaze from me and answer 'no'. if so, i dont want anything to do with this god.

!XogFog
Loyal

Post by !XogFog » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:40 pm

Originally posted by AWasteOfPaint+Aug 19 2005, 07:31 PM--
[/right]

[/b]

im going to go ahead and refuse to believe that if i am to pray to a supposed loving god to please take away this ache and these longings to commit suicide and to please take me back.... that if there is such a god, he would simply turn his gaze from me and answer 'no'. if so, i dont want anything to do with this god.

[right][/right]

[/b][/quote]

I'm not saying that He just says "no," and then looks away. I'm saying He has a reason for everything He does. I'm not saying I know the reason. Maybe it's that He knows that once you work through this tragic time you will be a much stronger person. Maybe it's some other reason. I'm just saying He knows best.
G-d is not a man, that He should be deceitful, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. (Numbers 23:19)

The fear of the L-RD is the beginning of knowledge; foolish ones scorn wisdom and discipline. (Proverbs 1:7)

The beginning of wisdom is to aquire wisdom; from your every acquisition acquire understanding. (Proverbs 4:7)

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:16 am

There is a lot of aching, a lot of pain, a lot of suffering at this age. In our lives as teenagers we're not really sure how to cope. Many teens put themselves into the worst of situations trying to alleviate the pain. Sometimes it brings their whole lives down in the end, but at the time... if the worst thing helped, then let it be.

We can't always afford to think this way though. At this age, we're not really sure how to look to the future and think that somehow our suffering now was for a purpose. The pain is too great that we think it comes as a punishment, a suffering for us to endure and yet, there isn't understanding yet. We don't seem to know why we're suffering and all we can ask is that it goes away.

Pain does go away. Your faith in God got you through a hard time. It has done the same for me. And even after, I became like you. I wondered if my prayers reached anything further than the walls in my bedroom. It took a long time for me to figure out that they did. To me, God is real. Sometimes the faith is sooo very hard to find. Sometimes you just feel like you're talking to wall. It's so easy to get discouraged and so hard to bring yourself back up... but keep up your prayer. Or maybe even change your prayer a bit. Instead of asking of Him to relieve your pain, start thanking Him... for the good things in your life. Perhaps for the beautiful day, the stars that glowed in the evening, or anything that was just absolutely right with you for the day.

At this time in your life when you feel so low, the bad outweighs the good heavily, but if you start to take notice of all that is good and goes right, perhaps that good will start gain more weight. One quote from a movie I really like is this: "Our lives can change with every breath we take..." and they certainly can. So don't give up. God is listening and He is there for you, in every breath you take.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet

AWasteOfPaint
Loyal

Post by AWasteOfPaint » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:09 pm

thanks for putting so much into replying to my post. i guess ill just have to do the best i can. ill use some of your advice as well, like thanking in prayer. recently my prayer hasnt been much but angery words. and i know there will be alot more of that, but ill try to work in some good things too. thanks for caring.

-Jessi.

PurplePoemPuppet
Veteran

Post by PurplePoemPuppet » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:38 pm

Anytime. Please feel free to send me a message if you need some encouragement. THe angry words in your prayer are sure to come and that's okay too, but I'm glad you'll be striving to thank him. Best wishes.
Email: SMyers017@gmail.com

AIM: PurplePoemPuppet

Toy Soldier
Veteran

Post by Toy Soldier » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:27 pm

I know the feeling as well-I wondered why had G-d had let my mum die and was letting me suffer, then making our family suffer even more. Whenever I went to Church, the soothing feeling I got had gone. I started to wonder whether G-d truly existed. I have since realised that the particular denomination of Christanity was not right for me, that I did'nt feel at ease with it. I now am going to start following Wicca and look up on Joviah's Witnesses...I like the idea of there never being any more deaths, that we'll all be reunited and that they will be no pain left :)

Maybe the religion you are with at the moment does'nt feel right to you? I believe if it does'nt feel right for you, then you won't be able to communicate with G-d well, that the forms of communication will be different, because G-d will be trying to answer your prayers, but you won't understand it because its the wrong denomination or religion for you. My beliefs anyway.

~*~Ruth~*~
Ruth I was forgotten, I won't be forgotten, never again... says:

lol, dont think they have tigers on farmsthough :/

Angel Breaks says:

i was thinkin that but fuck it macdonald was progressive he knew tigers were the future

Loyal

Post by 309756 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:50 pm

I got a busy signal for many months.

Then I hung up my Christian hat and believed in a more general God.

Nowadays, my spiritual life is easier.

XTorn2PiecesLPX
Veteran

Post by XTorn2PiecesLPX » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:58 pm

Thats one of the reasons i stopped believeing in god. I didnt think there was anything there, and i still dont believe there is. Im not saying that you should stop believeing, but look more into it. Maybe get a vloser relationship to god and things will get better....i dunno, just my thoughts.

-Molly
Cause I am stricken and cant let you go ~Disturbed

The prettiest people do the ugliest things ~ K. West

Do you pull me up just to push me down again ~Mudvayne

And when Im gone just carry on, dont morn, rejoyce everytime you hear the sound of my voice just know that im lookin down on you smiling and i didnt feel a thing so baby dont feel my pain just smile back