Christians...

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

junglemonkey
Veteran

Christians...

Post by junglemonkey »

This will sound weird, and it's hard to explain, and non-religious people will find it even weirder...

But recently there's been people who have entered into my life, who have made me feel so much less alone and who have really touched my life in a positive way. For some reason I instantly related this to God, feeling as though it was more than just coincidence. Almost like He was trying to show me I wasn't alone or something, I don't know. It sounds weird.

This sounds crazy and superstitious and I just wanted to know if you'd ever felt this?

Thanks,

Lesley x
I traded my dreams for this mess of memories

And they just stopped working for me...

DeviantART Profile (A lame attempt at photography, lol)

Myspace
Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Re: Christians...

Post by Rose'nShannenRox »

Its not weird at all hun.

When you live for God...you'll know when he is blessing you!

I'm so happy for ya!
Im a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast.I have stepped over the line.The decision has been made. Im a disciple of His.I wont look back,let up,slow down,back away,or be still...

My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my Guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,deluded,or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of the adversary,negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I wont give up,shut up,let up,untill i have stayed up,stored up,prayed up,paid up,preached up for the cause of Christ.I am a disciple of Jesus.I must go till He comes,give till i drop,preach till all know,and work till He stops me; and when He comes for His own,He will have no problem recognizing me-my banner will be clear!

-African pastor in Zimbabwe
turtbub
Veteran

Post by turtbub »

Lesley,

I do know just what you mean. :) I had something kind of similar happen tonight when I opened up and went to a church youth group thing. I just felt so welcomed and loved, like God was really showing me that He cares and that there ARE people who are going to love me for me and help me in my walk with Him.

It's a great feeling and I'm glad you've found people who encourage you in your faith. :)

Love, Hannah
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Confucius

Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." Mother Theresa

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
AWasteOfPaint
Loyal

Post by AWasteOfPaint »

its not crazy.

i have a tough time believeing in god.

and i have a tough time deserting the notion.

and at and after the hospital, there were so many people and so many hugs and so many long talks. and i couldnt help but thank god. I dont know if there is a god... but ... it has to be something....
what a long strange trip its been
A! Elbereth
Needs Another Hobby

Post by A! Elbereth »

If a Christian didn't feel this way at least once I'd question their faith.
Your soul.

Your body.

Your mind.

Keep it Purified.

But give me love over, love over, love over this... ~Coldplay

Dr. Wilson:
I forgot I needed a reason to give a crap.

Dr. House: You're actually giving two craps.

Dr. Wilson: The metric system always confused me.
faith
Veteran

Post by faith »

hey junglemonkey! that is not weird at all! God communicates in many ways including the bible, worhsip, prayer etc etc. however, in my personal experience one of the most powerful ways i have encountered God is by those around me. God works throgh people all the time and im glad to hear he has been reaching you. its such a blessing to find people who make u feel Gods love and encourage the spiritual part of your life. dont let those people get away. im so happy for you. take care and god bless and your in my prayers!!

~faith
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea