Hard To Talk About God

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

faith
Veteran

Hard To Talk About God

Post by faith » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:30 am

i have no idea why but lately its been so hard to talk about God. like its almost painful. i went to a bible study last night and i stayed for 10 minutes and then left becuase i just couldnt handle it. i have no idea whats going on. why is everything so difficult lately?

~~faith~~
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea

Rose'nShannenRox
Loyal

Re: Hard To Talk About God

Post by Rose'nShannenRox » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:41 pm

how about you try talking TO God?...spend time with him
Im a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast.I have stepped over the line.The decision has been made. Im a disciple of His.I wont look back,let up,slow down,back away,or be still...

My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my Guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,deluded,or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of the adversary,negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I wont give up,shut up,let up,untill i have stayed up,stored up,prayed up,paid up,preached up for the cause of Christ.I am a disciple of Jesus.I must go till He comes,give till i drop,preach till all know,and work till He stops me; and when He comes for His own,He will have no problem recognizing me-my banner will be clear!

-African pastor in Zimbabwe

lyn4sho
Loyal

Post by lyn4sho » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:44 pm

have you had a tramatic experience lately? That can sometimes effect someones relationship with God. Try praying, or just reading the bible. That might help. It might also be easier to get back into the flow by posting in this forum might help loosen you up

Hope I helped

-Lyn
Hello Adulthood!

The courage to serve them with reliance

Face my mistakes without defiance

Show them I'm worthy

And while I show them

I'll show me

So, let them bring on all their problems

I'll do better than my best

I have confidence they'll put me to the test

But I'll make them see I have confidence in me

-I Have Confidence

Sound of Music

http://fcla16.tripod.com/blogonlife/

candela
Needs Another Hobby

Post by candela » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:30 pm

i had a issue withthis once - i refused to attend youth group - i hated church and couldnt abide when poepl prayed with or near me. for me it was guilty conscious i knew that at the time i didnt have a real relationship with god and i avoided everything religious because i thought pretending(trying) to be studying it or praying or talking to God would be like mocking him. im still often like that i never think im good enough for god and i do fall short but since then ive come to accept that i dont ahave to be perfect i have to try.

maybe like sugested above pray about it - god listens no matter what and loves you no matter what. or justtake some time away from it to evaluate whats going on in your life, what you believe and how it makes you feel. remeber faith is work, and we can have faith and still question what ever religion we chose to be.

sorry if that was confusing - i tried.
</>Luck and Love to all</>

PM me if ya need anything

"It doesn't matter what other people say, or think when you see nothing in the mirror."

Dobby
Loyal

Post by Dobby » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:00 pm

I've been down that road before and it sucks. In fact, my senior year of high school, in youth group we had this teacher who made it sound like any time you comitted a sin, you'd go to hell, and that every sin you comitted was a mortal sin. You have no idea how much I disagreed with his teachings. In fact, I disagreed with him so much, that I just flat out stopped going, well I take that back. Since the classes were held in the church basement, I went, so my parents thought I did, and then I went out to the graves and sat down next to my relatives and friends and talked to them for the two hours I was supposed to be in class.

And you know what, I learned so much about not only myself, but my religion in those two hours on those days than I had learned my entire life. Granted, any hardcore toe-the-line by the book cathlioc will say I'm wrong in some of the things I say, but I won't because I believe that the book is open to interpertation, and it's what I get out of it that matters. Granted, I'll attend mass when I can, and on the major holy days, but I don't believe that if I miss mass, I'll go to hell, (my teacher said that). Some people do believe that but I don't so reasons I could ramble on and on about, but this is not about me, so no one press the issue.

For me, religion was more about finding out who I am, and what "I BELIEVE" not what I'm told to believe. That may be hard to swallow, but take the time, find yourself, and go from there. After you find yourself, try finding what you believe in, that will tell you about your religion. Just remember, God will be there the whole time, but if you don't want to think of him, think of someone close to you who passed away and talk to them, they are sure to help you too. In due time, you'll find where you want to be...it worked for me...I hope it will for you too.
99.9% of putts left short never go in, and that applies to everything in life.[/b]

faith
Veteran

Post by faith » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:27 pm

hi everyone- thanks for your words of encouragment and advice. i appreciate it much

thanks again

~faith
~God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. psalm 46:1-2

~God created people in his own image; God patterned them after himself Genesis 1:27

~Stop judging others, and u will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on u. Luke 6:37

~There are "friends" who destroy eachother but a real freind sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

~A fool is quick tempered but a wise person stays calm when insulted. Proverbs 12:16

~The tounge is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. James 3:5

~Even if my father and mother abandon me the Lord will hold me close. Psalm 27:10

~Get rid of all bitterness...instead be kind to eachother Ephesians 4:31-32

God bless

Love in christ--chelsea

gumby
Loyal

Post by gumby » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:31 am

you are in my prayers... i miss you! and i love you like a sister. ~j