Sole Purpose?

This forum is a place where you can feel free to express your beliefs without fear of being judged or discriminated against.

Moderator: Soul Moderators

Nikki
Veteran

Re: Sole Purpose?

Post by Nikki »

I don't like the thought that I have no control of my life. So no, I don't believe in it..
God kicked in the head so I started a fight, coz I knew I was right! But I learned I was wrong...
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

Let me clarify:

Both predestined and predetermined regard all aspects life: thought and physical activity. The difference is that "destiny" implies that there is a goal in which all such actions are meant to be. For predetermination, or Determinism, there is no such goal, and there is no meaning; it's simply that you only did what you were going to do and will only do what you are going to do. Understand? There is no free will in either instances; except in the case of predestination you are meant to be doing what you are doing, as though it was purposely orchestrated. Predetermination you aren't meant to be doing anything, there is no meaning, you simply are constantly affected by all other factors. You cannot do what you cannot do. For example, if you throw a baseball, then it is impossible that at the same instant that you threw that baseball that you could have not thrown the baseball. There is only one option.

[/b]

ic see what you mean (thanks for clarifiying, its more understandable) but still i don't agree...

i feel that the baseball inferance, is just common sense that, that is happening...

true we have trade-offs (to throw an economic term in) which we could be doing, but what we are doing is what we are doing, i don't think it was predetermined that that is what we were supposed to be doing at that instance, you know?

hmm...i guess im w/ Nikki ~ i just don't like the idea that i don't have control of my life, i believe that my choices are made in my head and i will suffer the unknown (and sometimes known) consequences...but i don't, nor will i ever think, that is is predestined or predetermined...

~Jeff~
fuzzysnowflake
Loyal

Post by fuzzysnowflake »

I would not want to be put on this earth unless there was a point for me to be here. Why would we be here unless there was a reason?
"There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits on the human capacity for intelligence, imagination and wonder." Ronald Reagan
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

there doesn't have to be a reason for life...

life is just about living it to enjoy, no one chose for us to be here, its just the way nature evolved...

~Jeff~
Tree Fingers
Loyal

Post by Tree Fingers »

I would not want to be put on this earth unless there was a point for me to be here. Why would we be here unless there was a reason?

[/b]

Why does there have to be a reason for us to be here?
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

I don't know about anyone else in the world but I KNOW for a fact that I have a sole purpose in life. I actually even believe that once I fulfill that purpose I will die..
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy
SirPostAlot
Veteran

Post by SirPostAlot »

well see i find that sorta scary - like why would you want to fulfill it - if you knew you would die and leave all of your loved ones behind?

~Jeff~
SexyLittleDoll
Veteran

Post by SexyLittleDoll »

Oh well I don't know exactly what that purpose is.. I just know that there is something. I'm not scared at all.. I know there is something after life.
Σας αγαπώ μωρό. Σας χάνω, αγάπη εσείς, και θελήστε να είστε με σας .. με την όλη καρδιά μου. AKA SexyMandy